Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Submods Recommendations for SS? Ask Here!

Default Re: Submods Recommendations for SS? Ask Here!

I've been away for a while from SS but want to give it another go. Question: What would be a list of "essential" bug fix mods for SS 6.4? Say I wanted to play pretty much vanilla SS but with only bug fix type mods? I remember I used to have a few of these from before and was thinking maybe there is a better list or set of them now.

Thanks!

Just wondering does any sub - mod have navigable rivers, especially the Dnieper.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Can someone help me with this mod, Its Hegemon Ancient Wars for SS 6.4. Not sure how to install it. TY in advance guys

http://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=ht...AxMzUxNjA4MTg2

Dear modders,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but do you not consider integrating XCAI into SS? I feel CAI is the biggest pain for SS, I tried Savage, Soulson. XCAI is a core renovation project and I believe it would achive the biggest effect. The integration and adjustion is quite complicated, too much for me honestly.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Why is it better?

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    Why is it better?
    The fact that a "big" guy like you, modder who knows a bit about scripting and such is asking, tells me that you think it's not better than the other AI. My argument is going to be - have you considered all the proper completing half-made procedures, have you concidered completing the core stuff of the poorly made vanilla game?

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

I simply meant exactly what I asked. Why is it better? What does it actually do that other AIs do not do. Simple question.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

I'm looking for a mod that raises the killing power of the export_descr_units.txt. Not necessarily more in line with vanilla values, but a rebalanced unit statistics that sort of make sense. I don't like the current balance, it's dumb watching a guy with a sharp pointy stick stab a guy in leather ten times. I'm aware that there is a melee modifier that adjusts the likelyhood of a killing blow, but this doesn't address issues such as a spear still being a sharp pointy object that's going to kill you if you're stabbed with it.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Rivus View Post
    I'm looking for a mod that raises the killing power of the export_descr_units.txt. Not necessarily more in line with vanilla values, but a rebalanced unit statistics that sort of make sense. I don't like the current balance, it's dumb watching a guy with a sharp pointy stick stab a guy in leather ten times. I'm aware that there is a melee modifier that adjusts the likelyhood of a killing blow, but this doesn't address issues such as a spear still being a sharp pointy object that's going to kill you if you're stabbed with it.
    From what usually happens in most battles in real history, if anything the current killing value is still too high. of course the engine doesn't well represent the other factors in real life like getting stampeded to death etc. (thoguh I guess that's partially made up for by the ridiculas ease of taking routers)

usually, most folks had very strong incentive to stay alive on the battle field (duh) so they would have been much more careful with their defense than the game animation actually depict.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

MaskedWaltz's Avatar Tiro

Are there any mods that change the king/faction leader battle models to be more... King like? this is for 6.4 btw

Mr.Fable's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedWaltz View Post
    Are there any mods that change the king/faction leader battle models to be more... King like? this is for 6.4 btw
    Depends on what your definition of "King like" is.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=566898

MaskedWaltz's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fable View Post
    Depends on what your definition of "King like" is.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=566898
    Already have those; you probably misread my question since I asked about Battle models.

Thanks for the reply anyway though

Are there any Sub-mods still available for Stainless Steel 6.0?

I know that there was a submod for Stainless Steel 6.2 and it was usede for an AAR(http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-**Complete** this one).

Can someone give me the link for that submod?

Which sub-mod is best for playing as the Byzantine/Western Roman Empire?
    I'm willing to use older versions, since I saw than the Complete Byzantine Roster Project had a SS submod, but it wasn't updated for 6.4.

hey all,

BYG mainly question for u ( good work on the mod btw) or any1 else who knows, are there any sub mods that are compatible with BGRV?

Eofor's Avatar Domesticus

What, if any, submods give Scotland, the Moors and the Kipchaks better rosters? And are they compatible with each other?
    Aelfwine, then, spoke out and valiantly declared: 'Let us call to mind those declarations we often uttered over mead, when from our seat we heroes in hall would put up pledges about tough fighting; now it can be proved who is brave. I am willing to make my lineage known to all, that I was from a substantial family in Mercia. My grandfather was called Ealhelm, a wise nobleman blessed with worldly wealth. The thanes among that people shall not reproach me for my wanting to get out of this army, to make my way home, now that my lord leader is lying hacked down in battle. To me that is the greatest grief: he was both my kinsman and my lord." Then he moved forward and turned his attention to revenge, so that with his spear he struck a seaman among the army so that he lay dead among the ground, destroyed by his weapon. Then he exhorted his comrades, his friends and companions, that they should advance.

Any submods available to take the game towards the very Late Medieval Era? I'm a big fan of fighting with a fuller tech tree that has some interesting later age units, but it takes so long to get there that I get bored of my campaigns by the time late tech arrives...If there is no such submod, does anyone know how to modify files to just change the date in the game to around 1400 to start with? I would love to play a Late Era campaign that starts in 1400 and gives me access to all the goodies from that time period

is there any mod for mission? or for diplomat, ex : my allies getting attack, so i send my diplomat to attacker and make them stop the attack... or something like that?, for mission like stop the crusading army or like that...

sorry for my bad english

Sorry that i posted a new thread about this, (didn't see this one).

buttt... does anyone know of any 4 TPY mods for 6.4?