Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the love of Jupiter, Help!

Default For the love of Jupiter, Help!

I'm having trouble installing/playing SPQR 4.0. I installed the 1.3 patch on my vanilla R:TW file. I wanted to play SPQR(Because it looks so kick~assey) so I uninstalled every mod and vanilla I had on there.

I reinstalled R:TW vanilla and then tried to run the 1.2 patch when I got an error that said I already had 1.2 and could not install it again. At first I thought, well yea alright now all I have to do is install SPQR. I did, and I tried to run it and guess what.......Crizash. Now I'm confused because every time I try to install the 1.2 patch on my vanilla I get the same error that it has already been installed. It's as if 1.3 is stuck on there even after I uninstall it???????????????

Help me geeks of TWC, your my only hope...

Uh, as I understand it you're using Vanilla? What you have to do is get a totally fresh install of R:TW, as if you just got it out of the box. Then download 1.2 patch, then install SPQR. That should take care of it.

-Revan

In order to properly uninstall 1.3 you must run the original 1.3 patch executable...you know...the InstallShield one. Then you get an option to remove the patch. After that the program also uninstalls RTW.

If you don't want to do that, then just download the zipped version of the 1.2 patch. It's somewhere around here in one of the forums...just do a search.

Oh my bad, thanks Glory.

-Revan

Wait, but how do I install 1.2 If I still have 1.3 on there?

Quote Originally Posted by UnkemptGoose
    Wait, but how do I install 1.2 If I still have 1.3 on there?
    You use the zip version for when you have multiple installs of RTW. You just extract it to your RTW folder. Of course it has to be on a clean RTW install.

If you don't want to use the zip version, and if you have only one install of RTW then do what I previously said. Run the 1.3 patch executable (the one you download). When you run the exe it gives you an option to "remove" the patch. Then it proceeds with removing the RTW installation as well. When all this is done, then delete any remaining RTW files and then re-install the game.

It works, I tired it. Very frustrating though...

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious" - Alan Minter
    "When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry.
    "If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?" - Steven Wright.

Savage_Swede's Avatar Carolus Rex

I should try that the next time rome crashes, for the 10th time

Sig by Lord Rahl
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Europa Barbarorum, what RTW should have been.

It has never crashed for me. Why does it crash Savage, do you try massive battles?

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious" - Alan Minter
    "When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry.
    "If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?" - Steven Wright.

I used the install shield 1.3 to uninstall Rome and then I reinstalled it and tried to patch it 1.2 and I got the same error: that it has already been updated. Then when I run Rome it says ver 1.0. :wub: a duck.

Sidmen's Avatar Mangod of Earth

Delete your old rome TW folder, then empty the 'temp folder' sometimes the patch leaves stuff in there.
    "For the humble doily is indeed the gateway to ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!"

~Sidmen, Member of the House of Wilpuri, Patronized by pannonian

I used the install shield 1.3 to uninstall Rome and then I reinstalled it and tried to patch it 1.2 and I got the same error: that it has already been updated. Then when I run Rome it says ver 1.0. :wub: a duck.
    Then just use the zip version of 1.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Honor&Glory
    Then just use the zip version of 1.2.
    I freakin' did... after I installed Barbarian invasion, I don't know what the hell I was thinking.

I freakin' did... after I installed Barbarian invasion, I don't know what the hell I was thinking.
    :laughing: You first have to make a backup copy of your RTW installation.

Have you got it to work yet?

Yea, but it crashed again... I am really lost now. Can you tell me how to remove ALL traces of TW so I can just install it againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

First uninstall. Then go to where the game was installed and delete all remaining folders.

Savage_Swede's Avatar Carolus Rex

Quote Originally Posted by makeshift52
    It has never crashed for me. Why does it crash Savage, do you try massive battles?
    Nah its my pc thats totally screwed. Im getting a new one hopefully before christmas.
    And sometimes it just doesnt work, could be because my 9 year old cousin are here and "plays" every now and then.
    I always tell my mom not to let him play when im not at home, but she lets him anyway because she still thinks he knows what he is doing.
    One time when i couldnt get rome to start i checked around in the scripts and such, and noticed that he erased an describe_building file...

Sig by Lord Rahl
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Europa Barbarorum, what RTW should have been.

Savage - password lock the files in your account. That way unless he knows your password - he can't alter them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast