stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Your Ancestors

Quote Originally Posted by tibu17 View Post
    Welcome to the Club of Hungarians!
    köszönöm!

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by tibu17 View Post
    My grandfather was soldier in 1956 but he escaped.
    As was mine, he was 17 when the revolution started and he was forced to flee to Austria when it ended because his sister's boyfriend was pro-soviet and threatened to rat him out to the secret police. He made his way across Europe and came to the U.S. Learned to drive and got his green card and citizenship in the Airborne.

He was stay in Hungary and he was sub leader in union of Hungarian workers part.

Don't remember names, but I am a descendant of Dutch Colonists in the New Netherlands.

I also have ancestors from Ireland via Scotland who were part of the Plantation of Ulster. One part of my family

Other ancestors of mine are from Bavaria and England.

My last name is the anglicized version of Bunzel.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Berber, all from Kabyle mountains.

However in grandma's side, People say we have roots from the companions of prophet Muhammad, kind of Arabian Muslim missionary, that came centuries ago.
    That brought us respect, kind of a title of "saint" family. Infortunately it made some of us think they're "blessed", or such things

Ace_General's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by The Awesome Boy View Post
    I'm a typical Swedish mutt:

Paternal:
    Grandfather is from Ċland
    Grandmother is from Västergötland

Maternal:
    Grandmother is from Smċland
    Grandfather is from Smċland

Mutt, your more homogenous then 99.5% of people form America
    Low speed, High Drag

Apparently my ancestors are the bastard offsprings of this holiest of men http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canute_IV_of_Denmark I guess he liked to mess around with the slave-girls on his travels through Sweden. Quite cool though, royal blood and all. All of scandinavia shall be mine, in time.. Just wait!

germany, mostly from the bavaria region

hah! also german, also bavarian.
    though only feeling... my ancestors are from:

paternal:
    grandfather: Saxon (the continental one - not to confuse with the british tribes)
    grandmother: Silesian

maternal:
    grandfather: Thuringian
    grandmother: Silesian

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

One of my ancestors built a huge ships that he used to save himself, his family and a ****-load of animals from the end of the world. I think that gives me a pretty notable ancestry no?
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

I'm a MENTEŞE!!!

My anchestors were a Turkish Dynasty called with same name. Menteşe Dynasty. I'ts our flag that you can see in my avatar.

We are 50 families with Menteşe surname here in the same territory that was belonged to Menteşe Dynasty .I can find my roots untill 18th century with papers that recorded in ottoman archives. But i can make my family tree longer with some papers that i took from my other relatives.
    But even with that papers i can go until 17th century... Last Menteşe Beg known on history is dated to 15th century!!!

So i just have to make 100 more years investigation
    Last edited by affluence; April 21, 2013 at 06:26 PM.
    Menteşe Bey: Türkmen Beylerim! Biz işgalci güçlerin emirlerini değil, milletin dilek ve isteklerini yerine getiren bir Sultanla birlikte oluruz. Gidilecek Uç kalmadı. Zulümden kaçmak milletin kaderi değildir Günbegün tükeniyoruz. Moğollar beylerimizi öldürüyor, malımızı mülkümüzü yok ediyor. Bu gidişata Türk Boyları daha ne kadar dayanabilir? Dilimizin yerini, Farsça ve Arapça aldı. Töremizi ve kimliğimizi koruyabilmek için verebileceğimiz canımızdan başka nemiz kaldı? Hepimizin yaşadığı bu baskı, sindirme, medeniyet haricine çıkarma ve yok etme faaliyetlerine ne zaman dur denilecek?

My fathers ancestors are Woodlands Cree (Native Tribe) in Canada, even know my original family name "Tall people from high hills" lol..

My mothers ancestors hail from Sweden not sure where from exactly but auntie Gurdie used to talk lots about the coast.

EDIT: I'll update this again later on.
    Last edited by BroskiDerpman; July 08, 2013 at 08:47 PM.
    炸鸡

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

From the family of the prophet, otherwise known as "Sayyid" from my mom and dad's side, though my mom is a Persian Sayyid, and my dad a totally ethnic Arab. Their family branch of Sayyid was separated 100s of years from each other. Still got my family lineage documents from both sides, in Arabic it's known as a "Shajarah".

Also, if you need help with this mod, i'm very fluent in Islamic/Middle Eastern/Central asian history and medieval arms, armor, and war tactics. I would be happy to help however I can, though i'm not much of a unit skinner or coder.
    Last edited by Ayyubid; September 01, 2013 at 09:40 PM.
    "I have fought in more than 100 battle . Do you see a space of the span of a hand on my leg, chest, arm which is not covered by some scar of the wound of a sword or an arrow or a lance? And here I am, dying in my bed, like cattle die. May the eyes of cowards never sleep."

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

Full Greek(I mean Romios). Half Sarakatsani and half Maniot(Ancient Spartan).

Hetman Khmelnytsky's Avatar Senator

Paternal:

My surname is Koval, the Ukrainian equivalent of the Polish Kowalski and the American Smith.

​Grandfather: My father's family is fully Ukrainian. They are upper-middle classmen living in the Ruthenian (old name for Ukrainian) quarter of Lviv. I have some Armenian blood in it, as I have an ancestor who married a mixed Ukrainian-Armenian merchant. Armenians have a significant presence in the city.

Grandmother: My paternal grandmother's family came from Zhovkva, which is a few miles north of Lviv. Her maiden surname is Mazur, which is a common Polish and Ukrainian surname. Her paternal grandmother's family are originally Jews of mixed German-Polish Ashkenazi stock, but their genealogy is a bit complicated. They later became Ukrainianized and became Ukrainian Greek Catholics, with the Jewish part of the family leaving for Israel after WW2. That's why i'm 1/8th Jewish.

Maternal:

My mother's maiden surname is Yavorsky (Yavorska in the case of females. Ukrainians, like Poles, use the same female suffix of -ska when it comes to the -sky/-ski type of surnames). It's the Ukrainian form of Jaworski, a common Polish surname that has to do with sycamore trees.

Grandfather: My maternal grandfather's family came from Vynnyky, a town located a few miles east of Lviv. Originally of mixed Polish-Ukrainian descent, the last time they intermarried with a Polish woman was in the late 1840s, but she was half Polish, according to my genealogy records. They became more Ukrainian after that though.

Grandmother: She was also from Vynnyky, but she was a full Ukrainian. Her maiden surname is Sereda, which means Wednesday in Ukrainian. There were only a few genealogical records of her I can get.
    Last edited by Hetman Khmelnytsky; October 28, 2013 at 12:26 AM.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

I have lived in Romania for the past few years but I'm American, born in Mississippi.

My family's a mixture of Black African, English, and Cherokee Indian origin. I think that my maternal great grandma might have also been of English origin because of her maiden name (Wingard) and her blonde hair and blue eyes. I have a paternal great-grandfather whom I remember from when I was young. He was from the Cherokee tribe.

There were a lot of black slaves among my ancestors who were owned by a man of whose family originated in the East Midlands region of England and migrated to America in 1630 subsequently moving from Maryland to Georgia (18th century) and then Mississippi (during the 1840s) The family legends say that the man, Malachi had a romantic tryst with my slave 2nd great grandmother and produced my paternal 2nd great grandmother Lula Roby. During the American civil war, Malachi was a Confederate captain so pissed at having to give up all of his slaves tried to start up a pro-Confederate insurrection in my county. He got into a load of trouble and things did not quiet down until he received a pardon from President Johnson. His grandson was William Roby, who had a wide acquaintance among both white and black people and could pass for either. My Dad remember knowing him briefly as a child during the 1960s.
    Last edited by Darios; April 09, 2021 at 06:31 PM.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Fathers side: De Forest

My family hired many historians in the mid eighties to study my genealogy so most of this is well confirmed. First record of my last name is dated to 1365 in a rental record of property rented out by a count in Avesnes, France. It is also believed that my Family Crest was designed to honor an ancestor who was a Noble and who took part in the Crusades in the 11th century, but that cannot be confirmed. However where my family tree gets interesting is in the early 1600's when a man named Jessé de Forest, who was the leader of a group of WalloonHuguenots, originally from France who moved to Leiden, Netherlands to free himself of persecution for his Protestant faith. From there he received the rights to emigrate to the New World and his colony were the first to settle and build permanent buildings where what is now Downtown New York City. A monument was erected in Battery Park to commerate Jessé's legacy in founding New York City. One of Jessé's sons returned to Leiden after Jessé's death in 1624. That man's son eventually came back to settle in Acadia to form the Canadian Branch of the De Forest family. I was quite shocked to learn the about my families part in the founding of one of the greatest cities in the world! And also, through one of Jessé's daughters, Rachel, I am also a very distant relative of the Roosevelt clan, Theodore and Franklin, the American Presidents.

Mother's Side: Hantscher(hense my screen name)

To be honest I know nothing of this side of my family tree since my mother parents and grandparents have all died long before i gained any interest in discovering my roots, and unlike my Fathers side there are no books written about the family, My dad's side has three I believe. All I really know about the Hantscher's is that they are from Kassel, in Germany. They emigrated to Canada in the Mid 60's and I am of the first generation born here in Canada. My great Opa fought in the Eastern Front during World War II and there he lost his toes to the cold, and never spoke about the war ever again. Before the War he sent his sons and daughters along with his wife to Switzerland before the outbreak of the war to keep them safe, and it could very well be, for that reason, that I am alive today. crazy to think about how many decisions like that over the last 500 years has led to my existence, kinda freaky to think about.

I am a mixture of spanish-native american and german-scottish.

French with italian, danish and basque roots.

One of my ancestor was an hussar in the Napoleon's army (7e régiment), and took wife in the Basque country when coming back from the Spainish campain.