Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Ancestors

Default Re: Your Ancestors

Quote Originally Posted by Elphir View Post
    Seriously, can't we close this thread? It's going nowhere and I don't think it's fit for these forums.
    Okay, so it doesn't have anything to do with DotS but I don't see the harm in letting it continue. Though if the Dutch and Spanish feel they must argue about la leyenda negra, they can take it to Vetigia Vetustatis. I added an off-topic label to the subject if that makes you feel any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

It does!
    This space intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    I added an off-topic label to the subject if that makes you feel any better.
    I don't give a damn
    I was just trying to do something useful on this thread.....and I failed
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Your Ancestors [Off Topic]

Im sure my ancestors were killing each other at one point or another. On my father's side I'm french which is where I get my last name Juckette and I have no idea what it means and Dutch, van der Heyden. On my mother's side I am Polish and Lithuanian, Olshefski and Miskunish. That side all migrated here to the U.S. in the early 1900's. Juckettes have been here since colonial times. My dutch grandmother was adopted so I don't have any information about that heritage unfortunately. Safe to say I'm descended from poor record keepers .
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

I don't know much of my ancestors but it is said that my last name , Wisse, is old Dutch for "the sure" ( I don't know how to translate it correctly) but it is related to a guy who joined a crusade. Thus guy was very good with bow and arrow and he was very sure of his shot. That is also the reason why our family weapon has 3 golden arrows in it. Our family comes from the dutch province Zeeland (Sealand).

I don't know much of my ancestors but it is said that my last name , Wisse, is old Dutch for "the sure" ( I don't know how to translate it correctly) but it is related to a guy who joined a crusade. Thus guy was very good with bow and arrow and he was very sure of his shot. That is also the reason why our family weapon has 3 golden arrows in it. Our family comes from the dutch province Zeeland (Sealand).
    Dat is geen Nederland meer! Dat is bijna...Vlaanderen! >:|

I claim descent from many different English houses. For one Plantagenet. Although I'm mainly Greek and Italian, I'm also part English.

Dat is geen Nederland meer! Dat is bijna...Vlaanderen! >:|

kom jij daarvandaan dan toevallig? ;-)

kom jij daarvandaan dan toevallig? ;-)
    Ach nee, hoewel ik Vlaanderen zeer zeker meer waardeer dan het huidige Nederland, zowel politiek als cultureel. Zelf kom ik uit Driebergen, bij Utrecht.

Ach nee, hoewel ik Vlaanderen zeer zeker meer waardeer dan het huidige Nederland, zowel politiek als cultureel. Zelf kom ik uit Driebergen, bij Utrecht.
    It was easier when both of you spoke Spanish...

SHAAKMAT!

Btw, nobody is going to close this thread?

Don't forget I'm related to the Almoravids too, so, shut up, peasant! I've not forgotten about Toledo Tulaytulah, infidel dog! ¬¬

Don't forget I'm related to the Almoravids too, so, shut up, peasant! I've not forgotten about Toledo Tulaytulah, infidel dog! ¬¬
    Maybe you forgot that, as Iberian, I am related to Almoravids and probably Almohads too
    And have you forgot about the....
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Navas de Tolosa?????

i have blue blood that goes far back in history...

Veranneman family was greet Nobles of the Belgian Vlandrens (Flanders) and had serve in many greet battles to defend they people and King

i still have meh familys Loyal/allmost Royal Shield

so Belgium honor my family name so that is and honor to me what my ancestors had done for they King and people!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brennas View Post
    So...why attacking always the Conquistadores?

I imagine its the bad propaganda, afterall, like you said, the casualities was for war... the atrocities came after that... but the crimes after war, inflicted on the defeated wasnt exclusive of the spanish, that happen in many wars across the history of mankind... but in the case of spanish in the America,wasnt the massacre the important, it was the mixing of the blood, that make the real diference with other wars, that create a mixed new culture, with elements of both, the aborigen and Iberian... the spanish american culture ( cultura hispanoamericana). There is the real consecuence. i am a consecuence of that jejeje

madrush's Avatar Senator

Ian McAndrew of Ireland was a longbow raider...medieval IRA lol, ancestor was an irish terrorist

Quote Originally Posted by brennas View Post

SHAAKMAT!

Btw, nobody is going to close this thread?
    You mean schaakmat

My ancestors are German/Prussian/Twents.

Ik woon in Enschede

Click here for the future Eurovision Songfestival winner
    The same brilliant person also made the BEST CHRISTMAS SONG EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus26 View Post
    I still love you Dutchies Tukker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahoma View Post
    Don't talk to my sister Paul!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
    But Nazis like ponies!

my ancestors are from Najd (Arabian peninsula) , am from Anizzah (arabian tribe) and it is a part of Rabiah tribes, on of my ancestors is Alhareth ibn aby Rabiah friend of prophet Mohammed

Baerke Hinn Gauzki's Avatar Senator
    I have absolutely no bloody clue. Somewhere in Sweden I THINK...

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen86 View Post
    my ancestors are from Najd (Arabian peninsula) , am from Anizzah (arabian tribe) and it is a part of Rabiah tribes, on of my ancestors is Alhareth ibn aby Rabiah friend of prophet Mohammed
    One of the coolest yet as far as I am concerned^^

gamegeek2's Avatar Centenarius

Me, I have to look into it a bit more. I'm mostly English, also Ulster Scots, German, and I think Belgian as well.

Some of my ancestors were among the first colonists of Massachusetts (after the Pilgrims and their colony at Plymouth)

John Hill Sr., son of William Sr. and Lucy RIVERS HILL, was born 1571 of Poundisford, Somersetshire, England.

Their son, John HILL Jr., colonist, was born 1608 in Chard, Somerset, England, married in 1629 Frances TILDEN [TILESTON], colonist, and died on 31 May 1664 in Dorchester, Suffolk, MA.

According to my mom, we're related to Eleanor of Aquitaine (somewhere), however im doubting it.