Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Ancestors

ChivalrousKiller's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Your Ancestors

Some historian wrote a long thing about the ancestors of my grandfather (don't know why)

At least it contains (from medieval ages):
    -all the kings of Norway, Hungary, Poland and Aragon.
    -many kings and nobles from England, Denmark, Sweden, Austria and Novgorod
    -the entire Komnenoi dynasty

Baerke Hinn Gauzki's Avatar Senator
    I have absolutely no bloody clue. Somewhere in Sweden I THINK...

Quote Originally Posted by brennas View Post
    You too??? It is always great to find relatives on the Internet, isn't it?
    .......Ehehehe he!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brennas View Post
    You too??? It is always great to find relatives on the Internet, isn't it?
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Ed View Post
    lol
    lol internets

Can we close this thread already?
    This space intentionally left blank.

A Turkoman Noble from central of Teke region( Southwest of Anatolia and Land of Teke Turcomans)
    Last edited by Tureuki; September 22, 2010 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    A Turkoman Noble from central of Teke region( Southwest of Anatolia and Land of Teke Turcomans)
    Realy? If so...wow.

His name is "Koca Kadir" , An old man from my grandpa's village told me this name

One of my ancestors was a nacionalist or something like that, in the 1750, he named Vide Petrovic (am not sure about his surname, the truth its lost after years...), in some point, he kill the turkish governor of the region where he lived,then he must run, and change his name, and hide in some place of the dalmatian coast... its not heroical, but its instrusting , may be he was some kind of hero from his people, who dont like he Otomans as rulers... for me its just a funny tale about mi ancestors .

greetings
    Last edited by baal_amon; September 23, 2010 at 10:30 PM.

Zebedee's Avatar Foederatus

I'm of mixed Dutch, Scottish, Portuguese and German ancestry, but I don't know that much about my family history pre-1550. As for the Scottish part, they were originally weavers from Holland until a 13th century ancestor came up with the lovely idea to migrate to Scotland and settle in Perthshire.

The Germans were grain traders and clergymen from the County of the Mark who migrated to Pomerania after half of their family got killed during the Thirty Years War.

Don't know anything about my Portuguese ancestors, but supposedly they were sailors.

Finally, the Dutch part. I've been able to trace them back to the 1400s and they were a merry bunch of mayors, clergymen, wine traders and ship captains from Frisia.

Friendship is like wetting your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

wuau, you can trace the line of your ancestors back to 1400!!! its so much time, i cant tell the same...
    i have mixed blood too, of Yugoeslaves (slavs), Rumanian and Spanish of corse... that in the European side. I have blood of Mapuche too (original habitants of Chile, who live in the zone called Araucania) by the sudamerican side. but and dont know so much of them. About my Balkanic side, i know more. about mi spanish side, less. and my Aborigen side... almost nothing.

The Mapuche people were fierce warriors, that fought over 300 years against the spanish conquerors... who was realy brave mens, who come to Chile, knowing that here was nothing, no gold, only war, rain, winter and just the desire of build Citys, to build society (in his vision of society, the mapuche have its own society). that what happened in Chile, debunks the myth that the Spanish came only to get gold, but also to build.

greetings.
    Last edited by baal_amon; October 06, 2010 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baal_amon View Post
    The Mapuche people were fierce warriors, that fought over 300 years against the spanish conquerors... who was realy brave mens, who come to Chile, knowing that here was nothing, no gold, only war, rain, winter and just the desire of build Citys, to build society (in his vision of society, the mapuche have its own society). that what happened in Chile, debunks the myth that the Spanish came only to get gold, but also to build.
    I love that point of view. People usually see us as fanatic bloody killers searching for gold, but they don't see the other side of the situation... Of course Conquistadores did terrible things, but they didn't anything that any European or American on the age would have done...
    About the mapuches, I respect them so much! resisting such a conquest until the XVII century was not easy...they were really a honorable enemy.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Although other Europeans didn't actually commit the same atrocities. Although the US was quite good at slaughtering the natives

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

Is it even possible to trace your ancestors back to like 1400?
    Last edited by Walkman810i; October 06, 2010 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    Although other Europeans didn't actually commit the same atrocities. Although the US was quite good at slaughtering the natives
    We didn't slaughter the natives...it was just a war. Did the English slaughtered the Zulus or Indian natives?
    About the USA....well, they are the true masters of native slaughtering.
    Last edited by brennas; October 06, 2010 at 09:57 AM.

Horatius Flaccus's Avatar Biarchus

There are enough examples of colonial powers massacring the people in their colonies. We Dutch for example have the massacre at the Banda Islands.

Did the English slaughtered the Zulus or Indian natives?
    Eh...yes, they actually kinda did!

Quote Originally Posted by Elphir View Post
    Eh...yes, they actually kinda did!
    So...why attacking always the Conquistadores?

So...why attacking always the Conquistadores?
    Two wrongs don't make a right. The Conquistadors were still murderers. As were the English colonists.

Seriously, can't we close this thread? It's going nowhere and I don't think it's fit for these forums.

My anchestors are germans and poles and hungarian nobles and cuman nobles.
    I have german name but this name is little different.