Thread: Multiplayer opponent needed to resolve issue - DM 6.1

Default Multiplayer opponent needed to resolve issue - DM 6.1

This is more of a support request I'm afraid. My friend and I started a campaign using DMC 6.1 and have advanced to turn 29. Increasingly, during the AI turns we encounter repeated "Re-establishing connection" messages. This is particularly salient during the dreaded Ottoman and Russian turns. At this point, it has crippled our campaign, as we have been unable to advance past turn 29 (it locks up somewhere in Ottoman or Russian turns, somewhat randomly, dropping my friend)

My friend has an older system (P4 3.0 Ghz, 2MB RAM, Geforce 6800 GTS). I have a newer system (i7 920, 3GB RAM, GTS 295). Therefore, we're looking to rule out the hardware discrepancy as the cause of our lag/timeout issues.

I was hoping one of you could join my game and we could run through the turn, trying to see how a different machine/internet connection would perform. It would be a short, 10 minute commitment and would be greatly appreciated to help troubleshoot this lockup. Additionally, if you guys have any insight as to why this could be happening we could possibly avoid the testing and experimentation. I'm aware that the AI turns can increase in time as the game goes on, but I have not been able to find much about the connection weakening/dropping between players as this happens.

Thanks to all who have contributed to helping try to finish this game. Efharisto poli Dartis, yia oli ti thoulia sou.

Default Re: Multiplayer opponent needed to resolve issue - DM 6.1

Go back 2 turns, clear the landbridge between Konstantinople and Asia Minor of any ships. If it is blocked and an army tries to cross it, it tries to reroute its path over the Caucasus - Krim. That leads to your problems.

Also, the client should overwrite his savegames with those of the host regularly.