Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castle Defenses

Default Castle Defenses

I was just wondering if you will be able to put catapults on walls or upgrade walls to have catapults. ( got this idea from "Kingdom Of Heaven" great movie.)

militiaman's Avatar GEWar TWC Alliance!

Adherbal said he was thinking of putting cannons in towers, but that would only be till the late era.

Under the Patronage of Basileos Leandros I, who is under the patronage of Kscott, who is under the patronage of Lord Rahl, who is under the patronage of MadBurgerMaker, who is under the patronage of genghis khan, who is under the patronage of GodEmporer Nicholas

So you mean the towers will fire cannons.

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

will the castles be more like the cities in RTW or the castles of MTW?
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

Kor Khan's Avatar Semisalis

Low level Catholic settlements will be castles. Catholic higher-level settlements, as well as all Orthodox and Muslim settlements will be RTW-style cities though (although the plan should allow for more action-packed sieges).

Civitate

what about forts? are you going to make forts into castles?
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kor Khan
    Low level Catholic settlements will be castles. Catholic higher-level settlements, as well as all Orthodox and Muslim settlements will be RTW-style cities though (although the plan should allow for more action-packed sieges).
    thats what i like to hear
    sieges in vanilla are BOOOORING once you figure out waht the AI will and wont do
    [BIG MTW2 SIG]
    Skyhigh - can't go out at night because he'd bump his head on the stars.

Forts will be forts, but a different design to RTW ones of course.

Under the Patronage of Basileos Leandros I, who is under the patronage of Kscott, who is under the patronage of Lord Rahl, who is under the patronage of MadBurgerMaker, who is under the patronage of genghis khan, who is under the patronage of GodEmporer Nicholas

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Will the walls still fall apart in a tiny little space every so many feet? Or are you unable to change that?
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Yeah that's hard-coded.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_loy
    So you mean the towers will fire cannons.
    Morelikely Kanonballs. It would be cool, though. Katapults with Kannonamunition.

Ruhe in Frieden, Calvin.

Maethius's Avatar Centenarius

I't sounds nice.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime---Hemingway

"There is nothing wrong with serving in several regiments."---Nobby Nobbs

"Not if you do it during one and the same battle"---Sgt. Colon

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Since in medieval Age the sieges are a important thing , do you go to improve the sieges Ai? In RT W the sieges are miserable.
    The AI dont atack correctli , and defend evan worse.
    If AI use a ram and destroy players gate they dont attack untill gatehouse are conquered,they advance only for one or two steets.
    If we attack with 2 towers , the defenders go to the first open , but only when open , in wood walls they just walking in frontof gate and be fiered by my archers , the dont defend the streets , there are to many bugs .
    When we siege a city ,why dont have a chance to ask for a surrender?

Kor Khan's Avatar Semisalis

Unfortunately, there isnt all that much we can do about the AI. Similarly, Im pretty sure its not possible for a castle to surrender to a besieging army, since that sort of things also hardcoded.

Could you make a script so when the flee button is selected in a settlement the entire settlement's garrison is killed?
    Rome wasn't built in a day...
    It was more like a week.

why would you want to do that though ?
    A new game development studio focusing on historical strategy games
    http://www.the-artistocrats.com

So you could simulate a castle surrendering. Maybe instead of killing a family member they could defect to the besieging army and get negative traits.
    Rome wasn't built in a day...
    It was more like a week.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Kor Khan
    Unfortunately, there isnt all that much we can do about the AI. Similarly, Im pretty sure its not possible for a castle to surrender to a besieging army, since that sort of things also hardcoded.
    Some games have editores provied by the creators to give more time life to the games. The CA could not help you in some points?Already had tried to contact CA?I think that mooding give life to the games so the creatores must have pride to seem their games improved,so they maybe help you in some hardecodedes files , or not?

because sieges seem so miserable in rtw, is there any way to balance or code the game to reduce the number of sieges, by making the ai more inclined to attempt a sortie, or to keep more armies in the field? Does each ai opponent have moddebal traits?

"Some games have editores provied by the creators to give more time life to the games. The CA could not help you in some points?Already had tried to contact CA?I think that mooding give life to the games so the creatores must have pride to seem their games improved,so they maybe help you in some hardecodedes files , or not?"

I agree, despite the bad spelling. What the hell CA? I'm sure if someone with influence contacts them with an eloquent letter they might consider removing some hardcoded features in the future...in some patch maybe? They'll be helping their own game, and if anyone with a silver tongue or a gift for convincing people can write the letter something good just might happen. Ya gotta believe!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast