View Poll Results: Who built the pyramids in Egypt?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • Intelligent Multi-cellular organisms

42 22.95%
  • Ancient Egyptians

85 46.45%
  • Microsoft

54 29.51%
  • The Pyramids manifested themselves

14 7.65%
  • The Pyramids are an illusion

22 12.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aliens will appear in the EB mod

Default Aliens will appear in the EB mod

Q: Will the aliens who built the pyramids make an appearance?
    A: Find me primary sources detailing their existence and appearance, and they most certainly will.
    Gentlemen! Behold!

Aliens will appear in the EB mod(as a non-playable faction)

Dude... it's not a primary source.

That is what is commonly known as 'idle conjecture' :p Fun to read though

Quote Originally Posted by Martocticvs
    That is what is commonly known as 'idle conjecture' :p Fun to read though
    Damn myself and my lacking social skills.

Romanos's Avatar Hey

Funny but stupid, the guy who wrote that must be a idiot.
    Under the Great and Honorable Patronage of Fabolous
    Patron (father) of Sir Matthias and ForgottenImmortal
    Grandson of Lucius Veronus
    Member of S.I.N
    Sept 2003 - 2004 - 2nd Generation Jun 23 2004 (25-Feb)

I wouldn't say idiot, perhaps foolish. I was laughing when I read it though. While his information and measurements etc are probably very wrong, if they were correct it would seem to be proof that ethier the Egyptians were graced with complete geniuses, much smarter then any known man to date with IQ's exceding 1,000 if IQ can even be calculated that high, or Aliens did come to Earth

-Revan

@Revan

It is entirely possible for the Egyptians to build the pyramids, by God. In fact, it is the only logical explanation. Why do you not think that they did? But I'm getting ahead of myself. If you make a thread in VEstigia Vestuatis, I'll be happy to debate the matter there...

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

MICROSOFT! ĺff kĺĺrs!

lol it's a funny article. I think it's a joke actually. Judging by his overly zealous and childish behaviour.
    This is how it really worked: Those aliens, abundant in their knowledge and drowning in technology, came along and using their compasses, they landed on earth and found the actual magnetic north and south poles. THEN THEY BUILT THE PYRAMIDS!
    But if it's not a joke, then either the author of the article (being a character of limited acumen of course) severely underestimates humans, or he is confused about the actual simplicity of a hypothetical construction process. Even for such a complex structure as the pyramid, the basic methods can be very very simple.. There was no limitation in labour force, as people were volunteering in the tens of thousands to construct, in the hope to get a glimmer of immortality from their Theocrat rulers.. As had happened with many other tombs, as in the valley of the kings et al.

Any geometrical alignments and numerical references made by these people are false at worst, irrelevant at best..
    I have read about some alignment with 3 specific stars, being similar to the alignments of the Kheops pyramids. Anyone can find ANY 3 stars, and find an alignment between them. I don't see how this proves anything, other than a faulty pattern-recognition software in the person's brain.

The Ancient Egyptian grasp of astronomy is not all uncovered yet, and what we know is very impressive in its own right..

Now, if you think the PYRAMIDS were made by aliens, I wonder what you'll think about BAALBEK :laughing:
    All I can say about Baalbek is: I don't know. But neither do you, so don't make any bombastic claims without positive evidence.
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

It's just the result of people looking for patterns.

Did you know that the height of the pyramid (481 feet) is almost exactly 1/1,000,000,000 of the distance from the earth to the sun (480.6 billion feet)?
    Replacing this could well have been that the pyramid's height is about the x/x the distance from the moon, or the circumfrance of the earth, or the diameter of the earth, or the circumfrance of the moon, or diamater of the sun, or whatever. I'm sure if someone spent the time, they could make a whole bunch of reasons aliens built my house.

Also, jump up a few levels from that page. This is a clip from the author's (presumably) bio.
    "Moon" is my nickname.
    I have always had this thing for the Moon, the Stars, Aliens, Paranormal.
    It is my belief that our origins are from out there somewhere, in a galaxy far, far away.
    I believe that the American Indians are one of the ancestral links to our creators.
    I also believe that the animals are a key link and as soon as we destroy the animals,
    man will cease to exist. That is, if we don't destroy the earth itself, first.
    It has always been my ultimate dream to travel in space.
    -Neb

This guy is getting a bit carried away, but it is possible, and much more realistic than believing in a 'god'. Hell, if any 'gods' do exist aren't they really just aliens?? And if you do believe in a 'god' (who is an alien), isn't it possible that this 'god' (alien) build a temple/pyramid for us to worship it?

Saint-Germain's Avatar Comte

Pyramids are a product of your feeble imagination. Don't believe the lies.
    né Menander
    Under the covetous wing of Ozymandias
    Patronizing my favourite (not so) little guy, Turbo

"With this weather, it might as well be Thursday..."

funny article though. good to see people still visit these forums. it's been relatively dead for ages.

I don't think aliens built them, but there is evidence of a highly developed civilization long before the Egyptians, with possibly more knowledge that we have now. Most of this was lost over time, for example when the library at alexandria burnt to the ground.

People that had pieces of knowledge from this ancient civ were most likely the sumerian astrologists, and Piri Reis and Columbus with their map that showed the Americas before Columbus discovered it, it was a copy from ancient Greek copies of even more ancient maps.

Anyway, I don't see how this is related to EB.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Of course you don't, you wear yellow patches on your eyes

Winner of the - once upon a time - least popular TWC
    TOPIC award

Υπό την αιγίδα του Tacticalwithdrawal
    under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal

Naughty bros: Red Baron and Polemides

Quote Originally Posted by Rosacrux redux
    Of course you don't, you wear yellow patches on your eyes
    Yeah, I kind of forgot it. I didn't saw the yellow aliens standing infront of the piramids: they blended in the background...
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanCaesar
    @Revan

It is entirely possible for the Egyptians to build the pyramids, by God. In fact, it is the only logical explanation. Why do you not think that they did? But I'm getting ahead of myself. If you make a thread in VEstigia Vestuatis, I'll be happy to debate the matter there...
    I wasn't being totally serious, of course I knew they made the pyramids. I was simply wondering, and hypothesising, letting my imagination run.

-Revan

Quote Originally Posted by UnkemptGoose
    I think someone needs to get back to read some basic math and history...

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

this 'aliens built the pyramids!' thingis soooooooo unbelievably sad and stupid.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast