Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Public Research - Medieval Balkan Royal Titles of Houses & Dynasties

phoenix[illusion]'s Avatar Palman Bracht

Default Public Research - Medieval Balkan Royal Titles of Houses & Dynasties

ok, now we need help with titles that were used in every faction. we have for byzanitne, we need for others.
    here's the faction list:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=381137
    long time no see, but still twc drug kickin'
    check out Tsardoms: Total War!
    Under patronage of respectable Annaeus
    Patron of honorable Giacomo Colonna

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Default Re: HELP NEEDED: Royal Titles of Medieval Factions

Such kinds of titles or something else? Elaborate, please!

Default Re: HELP NEEDED: Royal Titles of Medieval Factions

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBG View Post
    Such kinds of titles or something else? Elaborate, please!
    yup, such as that! also houses (dynasties) and family members of them

Default Re: HELP NEEDED: Royal Titles and Huses (Dynasties) of Medieval Factions

Here are the porttrets of all the bosnian kings and queens. Some of the portrats are real portrets (Tomasevic, Katarina (probably) and Tomas. And the others (Tvrtko I and Tvrtko II, Ostoja, Ostojic etc. are from big coins and made by a famous Austrian painter (with the big coins as a base):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The family tree can be found very easily at internet. But please use those portrets in the game. They were all made in the same stile and they are of good quality...
    kada se bjehmo svadili, tada nas Stjepan Rajkovic umiri i da nam nas grad Bobovac, a neda ga dati Ugrom.

"And when we were in a quarrel between each other; Stijepan Rajkovic calmed us down. And we entrusted our capital of Bobovac to him after which he defended it against the Hungarians (King Tvrtko I Kotromanic 1366.)"

Default Re: HELP NEEDED: Royal Titles and Huses (Dynasties) of Medieval Factions

not the portraits, the infos
    so info of titles, and dynasties, only text needed and pics of dynasties.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix[illusion] View Post
    not the portraits, the infos
    so info of titles, and dynasties, only text needed and pics of dynasties.
    The pics of dynasties? I posted pics didn't I?

You mean family trees?

And will you use those portaits too?
    kada se bjehmo svadili, tada nas Stjepan Rajkovic umiri i da nam nas grad Bobovac, a neda ga dati Ugrom.

"And when we were in a quarrel between each other; Stijepan Rajkovic calmed us down. And we entrusted our capital of Bobovac to him after which he defended it against the Hungarians (King Tvrtko I Kotromanic 1366.)"

I will render new portraits in 3d max.

TTW GRANDMASTER

Quote Originally Posted by il_duce_! View Post
    I will render new portraits in 3d max.
    Ok great. But will you use the "real bosnian portraits" as a basis. I think that would be great...

Will you?

Bagatyr's Avatar Campidoctor

Shishman branch of the Asen dynasty:

I am sorry about the tree but i can't finde smaller this is portets of emperor Ivan Alexander .

Despod Konstantin Dragash and the bulgarian princeses from left to right - Tamara,Keraca and Desislava.

Ivan Shishman as young prince.

Later as emperor of Tarnovo.
    Last edited by Bagatyr; August 30, 2010 at 12:26 PM.

Thanks Bagatyr.

Please if you post family trees, post them in this format.

Also, we need some lesser titles and COA of some feudal lords and nobles from 1345. For EVERY faction.

Bagatyr use spoilers.

[Pspoiler]

[P/spoiler]

Remove from the code the letter P.

TTW GRANDMASTER

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: HELP NEEDED: Royal Titles and Houses (Dynasties) of Medieval Factions

For Moldova and Wallachia there were pretty much only two main dynasties, the "Basarabs" in Wallachia and the "Musatins" in Moldova.

With the Basarabs the dynasty split into two rival factions in 1436. These factions were the "Draculesti" (after Vlad II Dracul) and the "Danesti" (after Dan I) and they engaged in constant fighting for the throne from the 15th century onwards. However, both these factions techncially belonged to the Basarab dynasty.

This link has a fairly good family tree of the Basarab line. But it also includes pretendents and voivodes who claimed they were descendents of the Basarabs. Also, here is a wiki link for the list of Wallachian voivodes, but being from wiki there might be inaccuracies. I will try and find a more reliable source.

This is the flag of the Basarabs:

This is a dinar minted in the time of Radu I (1383-1386) showing the Basarab CoA on one side and the Wallachian eagle on the other side:

This website contains several coins minted by various Wallachian rulers showing variations of the CoAs.

I will come back with more information...

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Quote Originally Posted by Bagatyr View Post
    Despod Konstantin Dragash and the bulgarian princeses from left to right - Tamara,Keraca and Desislava.
    It's not certain whether Despot Konstantin from the London Tetraevangelia is Konstantin Dragash or not. Actually, it's more likely that it's not him.
    Btw, here's an English (translated by me) tree of the Shishmanids.

Quote Originally Posted by il_duce_! View Post
    Also, we need some lesser titles and COA of some feudal lords and nobles from 1345. For EVERY faction.
    I've already posted the Bulgarian titles, while for the CoAs - besides the ones here, we have no other (unless, of course, you start coming up with things like images from coins, shields etc, which would be ahistorical). As for houses/dynasties - I can't think of any others, besides the Terters in Dobrudzha and the Shishmans in Moesia. There is also the bolyar family of the Tsamblaks in Tarnovo, but they weren't too powerful as feudal lords (they held cultural and administrative positions in (and later - outside) the state though).
    Last edited by NikeBG; August 31, 2010 at 03:56 AM.

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: HELP NEEDED: Royal Titles and Houses (Dynasties) of Medieval Factions

Do you need royal meriges too ? That will help to represent the relation between the countries.

matija191's Avatar Senator

titles for Hungary:

King
    Palatin
    Ban
    Herceg
    Ispan
    Voivod
    Come (thanks to Vazul)
    Last edited by matija191; September 03, 2010 at 03:42 AM.
    COMPANY OF HEROES - BALKANS IN FLAMES

Mi? Satrli smo grobu vrata,
    Da,još nas ima - još Hrvata!

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by matija191 View Post
    titles for Hungary:

King
    Palatin
    Ban
    Herceg
    Ispan
    Voivod
    Good titles, but I would also add in Come as the lowest title.
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Quote Originally Posted by \Vazul's Ghost/ View Post
    Good titles, but I would also add in Come as the lowest title.
    fine by me

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

TheSeven Offices of the Kingdom of Naples

The Kingdom was governed by the following Officials , in peacetime and in wartime , through them all Royal orders are executed.

1- Grand Constable to whom (since was established by the Normans and Franks ) , was commended all the Land Army. He sat on the right side of the King and carried the bare sword in cavalcade.

2- Grand Justiciar , under is guardianship the Great Court is governed , his jurisdiction is extended over civil and criminal cases. All titled persons of the Kingdom are under this Juridisdiction. Under the Viceroyalty , his Lieutenant is the Regent of Vicaria. He sits on the left of the King.

3- Grand Admiral , captain general of the entire Sea Militia. He supervise all the matters of persons who practice Sea Warfare. Except The Galleys of Naples , who are overseen by their Generals. He chairs the Tribunal with its Lieutenant judge and notary with the prisons. He creates Vice-Admirals for all the navies. He sits on the right of the King , to the side of the Grand Constable

4- Grand Chamberlain , who cares over the Royal Patrimony. He supervise the Lieutenant of the Camera della Sommaria. He has provisions , which are drawn from the Jus Tapeti , from the Capitanie of the state -owned lands , from the feudal reliefs from the Barons , from the excises on Salt and Sugar. He sits near the Grand Justiciar.

5- Grand Protonotary , the secretary of the King. In public parliaments is the first to speak. He preseved the Royal writings , he has a Lieutenant , who is the President of the Camera della Sommaria. He has authority to create notaries in the Kingdom. He sits near the Grand Admiral.

6- Grand Chancellor , is in charge to seal all the priviliges and writings of the Kingdom. He has full authority over the University of Naples where doctors earn degrees , supervise the college of Law , Theology and Medicine. He sits near the Grand Chamberlain.

7- Grand Seneschal , is the Prefect and Master of the House of the Royal Palace , he has care of all the Royal ornaments and apparatus and provides all the necessities of the Palace of the King. He cares of the breeds of horses , of the forests , and the hunting reserves for the King. He sits at the feet of the King.

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

They are all "Grand" !

tavix's Avatar Vicarius

Great work Wallachian !

Quote Originally Posted by tavix View Post
    Great work Wallachian !
    seconded

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast