Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Are named Legions possible in RTW?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: Are named Legions possible in RTW?

Just thought I'd provide some pictures of a couple of the Legions in 'Roma Surrectum'. Legio Augusta II, Primigenia XII and Italica II. Also, II Augusta General and Cavalry standard:
    Last edited by dvk901; February 22, 2007 at 10:09 PM.

I'll post my work soon.

Looks good for the Legion AOR project.

i really wanna do this! awesome idea.
    LEX MALLA, LEX NULLA
    Whats that little scales under my avatar?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

The Mod is nearly finished, unfortunately, I'm having a hard time getting permissions to use the 'non-roman' units I installed in it. I didn't think this would be an issue when I used them, and all the stuff said it would be OK, "Just ask first"...but I've been asking, and only one person has responded. (My thanks to Riczu for his beautiful models and strat characters!) So, I either wait or I start reskinning the @#$% thing myself....so I've started doing that...but have had to learn and fumble around. So far these are the legions I've added to RTW:

12 PRE-MARIAN LEGIONS, consisting of the historical hastati, principe, and triarri maniples. Each legion can only be recruited in a certain region...mostly in and around Italy.

Republican LegionI
    Republican LegionII
    Republican LegionIII
    Republican LegionIV
    Republican LegionV
    Republican LegionVI
    Republican LegionVII
    Republican LegionVIII
    Republican LegionIX
    Republican LegionX
    Republican LegionXI
    Republican LegionXII

30 MARIAN REFORM LEGIONS, using Early, Late, Urban and Praetorian cohort models. They switch models every fourth time, so I was able to include brutii, scipii, julii and senate models. Each one also has the appropriate 1st Cohort and Eagle, it's own individual standard with it's name and symbol (wherever possible or known)on it, and a detailed history in it's unit description....
    as much as I could dig up, anyway:

Legio I Adiutrix Pia Fidelis Constans (faithful, loyal and constant)
    Legio I Parthica
    Legio I Italica
    Legio II Adiutrix Pia Fidelis
    Legio II Augusta
    Legio III Cyrenaica
    Legio III Gallica
    Legio III Italica
    Legio IV Scythica
    Legio IV Flavia Felix (serene Flavian legion)
    Legio V Macedonica
    Legio VI Ferrata
    Legio VII Claudia Pia Fidelis
    Legio VIII Augusta
    Legio IX Hispana
    Legio X Fretensis
    Legio XI Claudia VI Pia VI Fidelis (six times faithful, six times loyal)
    Legio XII Fulminata (The Lightning Legion)
    Legio XIII Gemina(twin)
    Legio XIII Primigenia(twin)
    Legio XIV Gemina Martia Victrix VI Pia VI Fidelis (six times faithful, six times loyal)
    Legio XV Apollinaris
    Legio XV Primigenia
    Legio XVI Flavia Firma
    Legio XX Valeria Victrix
    Legio XXI Rapax (Predator)
    Legio XXII Deiotariana (Deiotarus)
    Legio XXII Primigenia
    Legio XXVIII Primigenia
    Legio XXX Ulpia Victrix Pia Fidelis

Their recruitment is based (loosely) on the known Legion camps circa 80AD, in an AOR system, using the Mundus Magnus 3 map.
    You'll note that there are no XVII, XVIII, or XIX legions...and for a reason. All three were destroyed by the Germans in the famous Battle of the Teutoburg Forest in 9AD. In their honor, the Romans never used the numbers again. So I didn't include them.

All this is part of the Mod I call 'Roma Surrectum', which means "Rome Arises". My intention is to produce this first mod and Provincial Campaign for RTW1.5, and then follow it with at least two more provincial campaigns (well in progress) for the periods 337-475AD, and then 475-700AD.....converting RTW, basically, into a BI-like campaign focusing on the reclamation of most of the Empire by the Byzantine Emperor Justinian...and then, who knows, a few 'what-if' campaigns just for fun to see if history can be remade and the Byzantine Empire can survive (game-wise) anyway.

And than you to Praetorian, who shared the thought that 'descr_model_battle.txt' is full of repetitive units.
    By 'adjusting' and removing this junk, I was able to gain all the slots I needed, and still have 8 to play with.
    Last edited by dvk901; August 26, 2006 at 12:02 AM. Reason: thanks

Kundich's Avatar Ordinarius

Okay, I'm curious. Is it possible to change the displayed string from

'Legio' + <FILL IN THE BLANKS>

to a string other than 'Legio', i.e. simply 'Army'? I looked through the bulk of the files, but I didn't see a string controlling the display of 'Legio'.

Thanks,
    ADM

@Kundich

I don't think its possible to change "Legio", its hard coded and tied to "legionary_name" in the EDU.

Ups old post did not see that...

MJ

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456