Thread: Help with Pax-Brittania X

Default Help with Pax-Brittania X

hello everybody....

I know there was another thread of this nature, but nobody replied so I am trying again.

I installed Rome: total war from scratch, then installed BI, and then i installed Pax Brittania X. I also erased all the map.rwm files that i could find.

For some reason im getting the same thing every time... i click on Roman-Bit. campain, and then click on start campaign. it brings me back to the previous menu each time. Now i dont know what i am doing wrong, because i followed all instructions. Could somebody please help me out its killin me not to play as them.

THank you

PELICAN MAN
    Chuck Norris can make a paraplegic run for his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Man
    hello everybody....

I know there was another thread of this nature, but nobody replied so I am trying again.

I installed Rome: total war from scratch, then installed BI, and then i installed Pax Brittania X. I also erased all the map.rwm files that i could find.

For some reason im getting the same thing every time... i click on Roman-Bit. campain, and then click on start campaign. it brings me back to the previous menu each time. Now i dont know what i am doing wrong, because i followed all instructions. Could somebody please help me out its killin me not to play as them.

THank you

PELICAN MAN
    I had that same problem but i figured out that if I download Brosook's 1.4 v8 mod fist....(that's his fist one of many) then the Pax X mod over it, it will work!!! I've played now 50 turns without a cd and with Attila's units gl

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

hmm.....

But your cliking on the romann-brit campaign?

Cuase you are supposed to play the Main campaign folder, i thought I had erased the leftover britian campaing from borsooks mod...

I guess Riothamus's suggestion will work if that isnt the problem.

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott
    hmm.....

But your cliking on the romann-brit campaign?

Cuase you are supposed to play the Main campaign folder, i thought I had erased the leftover britian campaing from borsooks mod...

I guess Riothamus's suggestion will work if that isnt the problem.

i do click on the main campaign folder, then click on the faction Roman-Britain, and click on start campaign.... it then sends me back to the menu where i can chose main campaign, custom battle..etc.. THEN, i'll click on main campaign, and nothin will load. lol this is the first time mods are screwin with me. lol

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

hmm. Then follow Riothamus's instructions..

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

ITS STILL NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wow somebody please help me figure this one out....

I reinstalled, installed BI, installed Brosook's 1.4 v8 mod, installed Britannia X, erased all map.rwm files, and still the same thing, it goes to Single Player menu, and now it wont let me play any other faction. IM GOING CRAZY.

somebody please help....

thankx

PELICAN MAN

hmm i didn't erase map rwm but it still should work even if you erased it....you might have to reinstall your rtw data along with your bi data also. It sometimes happens if your rtw data as been changed in any way you will not be able to load the pax x bi game. Don't give up...this is a fantastic mod! Let us know if if reinstalling your rtw data files along with your BI files work.. gl

how do i go about reinstalled the rtw data files along with Bi files??? sorry, im not good with files and stuff.... all i know how to do is conquer the world. = ) lol and Pax Brittania is just waiting for me to lead them. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Man
    how do i go about reinstalled the rtw data files along with Bi files??? sorry, I'm not good with files and stuff.... all i know how to do is conquer the world. = ) lol and Pax Brittania is just waiting for me to lead them. lol
    yes thats the spirit! lol. start from scatch....uninstall bi invasion and uninstall rtw(now you should not have any files on your comp). Then install rtw files then install bi. Now install 1.4 v8 and then pax X....I don't know why but I had to do this too.Hope it works Pelican man

Default giving up

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus
    yes thats the spirit! lol. start from scatch....uninstall bi invasion and uninstall rtw(now you should not have any files on your comp). Then install rtw files then install bi. Now install 1.4 v8 and then pax X....I don't know why but I had to do this too.Hope it works Pelican man
    well, i tried that too... i think i've tried everything. well, im giving up now.... too much unneeded stress.... even though i would have loved to play as them, i just cant figure it out. if someone can, please contact me. thnx

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

hrm... i had a couple of problems with pax brittannia... they led me to the conclusion that i would just go through each file one by one to make sure its not screwing anything up. seemed to do the trick, and also allowed me to not change some things i didnt want to change. took 2 days though.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

I GOT IT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guess what i'll be doing after work... MUAH HA HA HA