Thread: missing file

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

Default missing file

Hi

I downloaded the mod twice...and every time i get a message...Could not read file data/descr_strategy_lighting.txt
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

Default Re: missing file

? very strange message, tihs is a unknown bug. I upload you here the file to see if it is missing or the download is corrupted;

It should go in the folder "data".

NEW VERSION OF RUINS OF GLORY RELEASED!!! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

I had the same problem, but the file you attached above seemed to solve it. However, when the next time I tried to start the game up I had another error come up saying it couldn't find the file "aerial map 'settlement_roman_level_1' (or something like that) in the database". Any idea what's going on with so many files missing? I tried erasing everything and starting off with a clean install, but even that didn't work.

Could it be a problem with the download link?

I don't think so, at least I tested the download not so many time ago. Can you write the exact error? as there is a lot of files with similar names.

Yeah, the exact error says:

"Generic Error:
    Could not find aerial map 'settlement_roman_level_1' in database"

And that's it. I'm not sure if that's a file from vanilla that I could just copy over, though I'm sure you understand it a little better than I do. I wasn't even entirely sure where such a file/map would be located.

christophoros, I have uploaded here; http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0KYW1STE the folder with the files. It should be located in Rome - Total War/rog/data, and, just in case, place them also in Rome - Total War/Data

Tell me if this solves the problem.

Thanks for the quick reply. I put the folder into both locations, but I still get the same error. Do you think I should try reinstalling?

Yeah, try that. I think that really it is a problem of RTW itself, not from the mod. You can play Barbarian Invasion vanilla without problems?

Hey Boz; I tried reinstalling but met with the same errors (both for the lighting and the missing aerial map.) Oh, and I can play vanilla BI just fine. I'm not really sure what's going on, but I'll let you know if I figure anything out. Even though the problem wasn't solved, I appreciate all your help.

christophoros, have you been able to solve the error?

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

after putting in thew files from the aerial map...still the same error
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

inquisitor, are you able to play other mods or vanilla BI?