Thread: Macedon

kommandant's Avatar Civis

Default Macedon

first off, i used to play XGM and just started to play XC, also this is the first time i've used anyone other
    than the Greeks and Rome, and i have to say, its been an amazing campaign so far, first my main army
    near my capital city had to fight off three stacks of Celtic barbarians, which i managed to do but not
    without great sacrifices, King Antigonos fell in the last battle before the great push into their lands
    started

after it seemed that peace would reign, the Greeks Cities then decided it was time to attack and
    besieged two of my cities(Corinth and the other one near Athens), after that i was forced to
    abandon my campaign against the decimated Celts to the north and bring my battle weary forces to
    Southern Greece and give command of the troops to two Generals, one that was elected the
    King of Macedon, Damasos, the other being General Polyneikes.

after several bloody battles, Athens fell to Polyneikes, earning him the title of Conquerer of Athens,
    while command shifted to Damasos, Patras fell to his forces leaving Sparta as the only opposing city
    left in mainland Greece, after several turns the forces of Damasus were ready to take on the remainder
    of Sparta's forces and besieged Sparta herself, while my navy managed to crush theirs and block both
    ports still under their control.

Polyneikes recieved the command of Athens for his heroic achievements and became their governer.
    Mean while the former heir, Gyras maintained the defences and occasional raid into Celtic territory with
    only a handful of troops to his disposal

this has been one of my most intense campaigns to date, i plan to take the Greeks out of the equation
    entirely while also taking out the Celts and hopefuly the Independent Greeks and Thrace wont
    declare war on me anytime soon so that i can properly replace my losses and develop my cities for
    several years, but i can only hope

another thing is that im planning is to make Sparta my capital,

outstanding mod, props on all who worked and/or had anthing to do with this game

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Default Re: Macedon

Thanks for your praise, we're working hard to make XC progress and become further refined.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

kommandant's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Macedon

Sparta has fallen, and King Damasus, is now known as the Conquerer of Sparta
    Crete fell virtually without a fight, now the Greek Cities are no longer a problem

Greece is now firmly under Macedonian rule. Time for the Celtic bastards to pay for all the hardship
    they have caused, all those deaths will now be avenged, the late King Antigonos will smile down from
    the heavens as those barbaric beasts are slaughtered, every single one of them.

Reinforcements from Damasus' army bolster Gyras' forces and allow him to march in force against the
    barbarians at Sardica, several skirmishes are fought, every single of them a Macedonian victory,
    pushing them back further and further into their territory until Gyras is able to surround and besiege
    their pitifull town. As Damasus marches to the Celtic town of Seutopolis, a former Thracian town, he
    encounters the last full strengh army of the barbaric tribes heading towards Sardica to relieve their
    trapped comrades, but today is a day where our Gods smile upon us, Damasus will destroy any hope
    of Sardica being saved and he will savor the moment they realize all hope is gone.

man i love this campaign