Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Faction Re-textures by Massive_attack (not compatible with V4)

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

Default Re: Faction Re-textures by Massive_attack

Bons Chevaliers... mmh. If i did them, what style should i go for ? Lots of gold, engraved rubies, bronze and gold trimming ? Gold armor sections ? Painted armor, perhaps ? Tons of heraldry ?

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Massive_attack View Post
    Bons Chevaliers... mmh. If i did them, what style should i go for ? Lots of gold, engraved rubies, bronze and gold trimming ? Gold armor sections ? Painted armor, perhaps ? Tons of heraldry ?
    the Bons Chevaliers *are* the embodiment of Feudalism, making them less uniform With tons of heraldry and lots of colors would be really cool.
    Last edited by Yuko; October 30, 2010 at 06:38 PM. Reason: embodiment of Chivalry?! stupid Masaky.

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

I agree. the Bon Chevaliers could use some touching up. make them less uniform, more feudal in appearance.

Daraunon's Avatar Senator

As Avalon seems to have that "golden knights in shining armor" feeling,the BCs could be rendered as something like the dark side of chivalric societies...even if I don't know how that could be done. Probably by making their armor look more realistic,with that blueish tone steel can have perhaps. I agree with trying to make them look less uniform,especially knights. Militia units and other semi-professional can keep the blue IMHO,shows that they're under the Roi and things like that...

EDIT: it just occurred to me that militia units and the other non-nobles could be rendered more dark age-looking,to make it look like all the money in the kingdom goes to the nobility and no one else. That would also make them stand out from their Avalonian counterparts.
    So more ragged auxiliaries,heraldry(or a good variety of color,at least)on the nobles,some minor changes to plate armor,and here we have two distinct looks for what would technically be very similar societies(Avalon and the Royuame)
    Last edited by Daraunon; October 29, 2010 at 11:24 PM.

I like your idea on the more "shabby-looking" militia units contrasting with the noble ones.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

The current valhalla en-peasant skins (the fur based ones) are unused in V4 these could be put to use for other factions

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Citizen

Hm, I dont think the Chevaliers' peasantry would wear fur, just doesnt really feel right. I can do shabby and depressed though
    Edit: then again, for the PEASANT units, perhaps that could work. I just dont want them feeling scandanavian

The main thing ill do for the knights is remove ALOT of the blue from them. There will stille *be* blue on all their units, but it will be darker, subtler, and less uniform. The "more noble" the knight is, the more purple he shall recieve, but im also thinking of using a very dark red crimson colour, think "brettonian knight" for my general vision here:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The major changes to this concept is that the red will be downplayed, and be made much darker. The armor will consist of three shades: deep blue, black, and silver, with the exception of the late game lancers and perhaps bodyguards should there be a seperate texture for them. (these would be very bright and silvery, have some small gold details and quite a bit of purple)

By contrast, state troops will be highly organized, and look like the grizzled old peasantry that they are. There armors and the like would be painted black to prevent rust (though there will be some rust detail regarless) their tabards will uniformly be a shade of brown, with blue highlights, and sometimes perhaps even feature a fully coloured blue one with ripped and torn details, stains, etc.

Ill probably do it in a sort of two step formula, by finishing and releasing the "state troops" pack, and then the "Chivalrous troops" one.
    Last edited by Massive_attack; October 30, 2010 at 12:43 PM.

Sounds like a plan! Can't wait to see the results.

Citizen

Well.. um.. 'fraid your going to have to !

Well.. um.. 'fraid your going to have to !
    you are a bad, bad person...

Citizen

'Seems someone made an AAR about the chevaliers. Guess that means i need to get off my arse and actually do some work now, ah well. Was a nice vacation while it lasted. This threads back in commission boys !

First pack up will be the knights and nobles pack. The name is self explanatory. Question though, how much gold do you guys want ? How much red would be good ? I dont want the chevaliers to be looking avalonian

Oh, and but can you guys give me images for me. Stuff like feudal heraldic knights, lots of colour, etc. Its mostly for fine detailing.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; December 04, 2010 at 07:10 AM.

Welcome back! Haven't seen you around here for a while,I hope your studies are going well.

Now to answer your question...as far as you keep the red and gold in check(maybe use them only for details and heraldry?gold would be replaced by yellow however...)I think it's ok. The main goal here IMHO is to make the chivalric rosters look different from one another,so using the same colors could be tricky. I'm confident in your skills anyway,so just go ahead and do what you like.

We can destroy your self-confidence after you post previews anyway!

And sorry,but I don't know any possible source on the net for what you're looking for...my sources are paper-only,I can't stand reading "serious" stuff in front of a monitor,so I wouldn't even know where to start from.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

i hope this help at least a little. you dont need to focus solely on Red and Gold, just go crazy with the colors.

Citizen

Ohh Masaky, dont tell me to go crazy on the colours, next thing you know half the chevaliers knights will be sprouting rainbow heraldry with bunnies and flower symbols whilst riding pink mounts into battle.

'Seems someone made an AAR about the chevaliers. Guess that means i need to get off my arse and actually do some work now, ah well. Was a nice vacation while it lasted. This threads back in commission boys !
    Oh shucks, I hope you didn't do this all for me
    Ohh Masaky, dont tell me to go crazy on the colours, next thing you know half the chevaliers knights will be sprouting rainbow heraldry with bunnies and flower symbols whilst riding pink mounts into battle.
    I too think the knights should be colourful. Not rainbow-ish, sure, but really extravagant.
    I like to imagine dye in Thera being a lot rarer than it was in the real-life past, so the nobles would want to show how much money they have by using as much dye as possible.

but seriously, i agree with EleventyK, i think the nobles would like to show how rich they are by the number of extravagant dyes they are using.

Citizen

Sorry about the lack of updates guys. Juggling my time intensively. There is some preliminary work done- the new pack will be out by January, im fairly sure.

Don't worry M_A,as always,we will wait patiently for the job to be done...now just be sure to get back to work,will ya?

But I understand that you found out how you want them to look like,I'm glad about that.

Citizen

Yep. Progress is coming along on these troops too. The nobles & knights pack will be ready for permissions soon. the Peasantry pack will take a bit longer.

Yep. Progress is coming along on these troops too. The nobles & knights pack will be ready for permissions soon. the Peasantry pack will take a bit longer.
    Take your time!
    I know how hectic things can get around the holidays