Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Faction Re-textures by Massive_attack (not compatible with V4)

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

Default Re: Faction Re-textures by Massive_attack

So yeah i made them look much better:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Notice how on the headwraps the colour has faded in parts, it looks more worn and used. Also, i took out some of the more brighter cartoonish colours that looked out of place. I kept the purple because im bloody stubborn like that, but i toned it down and made it more blueish, which looks better anyway due to weathering and stuff like that.

Edit: Its actually funny, now that i think about it, but this texture would be a perfect replacement for Creative Assembly's moor texture. Ah well, I wanted the Tahar to be taken more seriously, and red + black accomplishes that nicely when combined with the sandy colours of the rest of there outfits.
    Last edited by Massive_attack; September 22, 2010 at 07:08 PM.

That's fine! No complaints about the purple in general, found it just too bright earlier on. Great work, MA!

Daraunon's Avatar Senator

Yes now they're perfect,as I said,the previous shade was something CA would have made. (and that's NOT a compliment!)

Small question:is there a way to have at least some tiny details in orange for the Tahar troops?Just because it technically still is their color...like black for Faust,red for Avalon etc...

And another one:will you work on the Tahar infantry as well?Just to know,they look fine to me as they are now.

Citizen

The title of the thread IS "faction retextures", no ?
    Edit: to prevent confusion, that means yes i will. Mainly because im aware that in version four the tahar are getting the caliphs rifles which use that texture, and thus, it should look a bit better. Trust me, when im done, you'll approve Daraunon, ill see to it

Ill... consider having some orange remain. but really most of the calls for change for the tahar were to obliterate orange from the roster.
    Last edited by Massive_attack; September 22, 2010 at 11:36 PM.

I thought the request was stop them from being ALL orange,not BURN the orange to the ground,but that may just be my interpretation.

Anyway,can't wait to see the final results,I think I'll start a Valiente campaign and I need enemies...don't think I've seen a fan thread for them yet,and their roster looks fun to play.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Looks good MA

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Daraunon View Post
    I thought the request was stop them from being ALL orange,not BURN the orange to the ground,but that may just be my interpretation.

Anyway,can't wait to see the final results,I think I'll start a Valiente campaign and I need enemies...don't think I've seen a fan thread for them yet,and their roster looks fun to play.
    yes, they are pretty fun to play. Classical Renaissance faction unlike the Reich that is more akin to the Victorian Era.(at least in the late game)

Citizen

Does anyone have any suggestions for the other tahar units ? Im going to see if i can finish one soon, but id like to hear how you want that factions elites to look. How should the more "civilized" tahar troops look ?

Mmmm the leather armor they wear looks fine to me,apart from some color changes to suit the theme you're giving the faction,nothing comes to mind at the moment...I mean,they already stand out because they're NOT wearing robes,aren't they?

make them be majestic, with really bright colors that get the attention of the enemy, they are the Elite and they aren't afraid of getting attention.

Citizen

Yeah but like, what colours ? Black and red seem to be common to sahar troops as of... now, so im not sure how to portray the more organized forces of the caliphate.

Orange and blue? maybe Orange and red, we still need Orange.

Yeah at this point the faction color need to be put at least on their elite units,maybe to show that they answer to the Caliph and no one else(tribe leaders,imams and the like...)

Citizen

I wasnt really going to make orange the "faction colour" but ill see what i can do.

Well it DOES appear on their faction symbol and it represents them on the campaign map,so I thought that would have some sense...anyway,it doesn't mean they should be completely orange,just that they should wear some.

Any updates for this? Its been a while since I heard anything here.

Citizen

Mid term exams. Plus reports, which i have not done... and work on the weekends.

That about sums it up.

The last texture work i did was for TFON, but he cant preview that untill his gfx card's fixed and its his stuff anyway, so I have no right to preview it.

Id really like to work on this, and my AAR, but university is important to me- I invested thousands into it, whereas medieval 2 and kingdoms took about... 80$ total, and kingdoms' aint giving me a degree ! So you can understand why I might be focused on other stuff atm.

No problem then, I'm looking forward to when you get back to working on this

Citizen

Just a heads up guys, i lost the old computer with the Tahar files. Chances are I wont work on that faction again for a while. In the meantime i was wondering if you guys had any ideas of what I should do next. I almost want to move away from the muslim factions for a bit, and while i do really like the barka faction i havent a clue what to do to improve them at all.

That's a pity,I was really looking forward to those Tahar units. Sorry for the inconvenience mate.

I don't really know what you could work on next...I mean,Muslims are either done or on hold,Renn factions are all right,and other factions are going to be reworked for V4,so there would be no point in changing them...
    As far as other factions go,I feel the "americans" are pretty good even Vanilla,the Romuli and Uruks are fine,and you said you didn't want to touch the Lao Che...all the "pagan" factions are fine as well IMHO.

The only ones that can possibly be changed are the Chiv factions,but again I feel that at least the Avalon are ok as they are,so that would just leave the BCs...