Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Faction Re-textures by Massive_attack (not compatible with V4)

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

Default Re: Faction Re-textures by Massive_attack : Faustian Reich & Privateers

Well... alright. A part of me is like "hell yes i want to" and the rational side of me says "its just one skin so it wouldnt take long" But im not sure if i could do alot without working on the rest of the faction. Tell you what, pm me the .texture file (please ) and ill see what i can do. The changes would probably be minor... unless the texture is totally awesome and inspires me

Of course, I wouldnt post pictures or the files elsewhere (unless you wanted me to make a preview shot for the masses), you have my word on that.

...and it would still be 100 % up to you whether its used or not.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

The blood knights are a seperate entitiy from the rest of the faction so there is no problem.,

I want this unit given red sheen to the armour and helm. I need to get both elements onto the same skin, since they are currently seperated between main texture and attachements at the moment, therefore I still have dome modelling to do on it. So it I cant send it to you for a couple of days, think it over , let me know what you think .

Dismounted model is probably going to be using a war hammer

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Daraunon's Avatar Senator

What you say makes sense TFON,the "patch" idea is mainly something to give them a unifying look,and it could be said that it's a tradition to wear those colors during crusades. The fact that Templars and Hospitaliers are hired by other factions as well could mean that they are practically in a never ending crusade,thus justifying the patch on their units as well.

Citizen

Interesting. I can see why you asked me, the helmet and the armor dont really feel right together, do they ? Yeah, I think i can do a few things with this. Ill probably give you 2-3 versions and let you decide which is best. Red is definately going to feature here. ohh yes.

Edit: oh and if i may be so bold, could you send the horse texture too ? I would change that too given the chance.
    Last edited by Massive_attack; September 07, 2010 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daraunon View Post
    What you say makes sense TFON,the "patch" idea is mainly something to give them a unifying look,and it could be said that it's a tradition to wear those colors during crusades. The fact that Templars and Hospitaliers are hired by other factions as well could mean that they are practically in a never ending crusade,thus justifying the patch on their units as well.
    Again personally I like that they do not look uniform, looks much more kingdom of heaven . I also think it makes them look unique. But again if people wish to use the (possible) sub mod, it can be left to their personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Massive_attack View Post
    Interesting. I can see why you asked me, the helmet and the armor dont really feel right together, do they ? Yeah, I think i can do a few things with this. Ill probably give you 2-3 versions and let you decide which is best. Red is definately going to feature here. ohh yes.
    No they are currently from different models and skinsets, this is the first dev version of it, so as a concept peice no blending on the seperate skins has been done.

I think a red sheen to the armour and the horse armour too, would make it look cool. I will get the model to texture from a single skin and send the base skin to you.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; September 07, 2010 at 05:23 PM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Borissomeone's Avatar Citizen

I just wanted to say beautiful work with the new skins. I would rep you but I have been a little happy with the rep in the last 24hrs...

Under the Patronage of TheFirstONeill.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

beautiful work once more Massive attack, and just when i was thinking of playing as the Vashta.

Citizen

Ive been thinking to myself recently, and i was wondering how people would feel with me releasing a "golden armour" version of the Faustian Reich heavy infantry texture (for specific troops).

My reasoning here is that these are mostly ceremonial troops, yet they look alot like the reichs frontline guys, and just because the Faustians are a renn faction, it doesnt mean they would stop playing dressup with fancy armours and such. Indeed, ceremonial battlefield armors actually increased as there practicality waned untill about the enlightenment age when all armor sort of devolved into cuirassers and uniforms. Since the Faustians are kind of a mix of that "armored renaissance" and "enlightment/imperial age" I thought it could be very cool to inject some more fun into them with some just plain glistening golden armours for their super-elites.

The idea of this would be that it could be used on the Faustian reich Kaiser bodyguards and perhaps the kaisers pikes to make those troops stand out. Id like to hear your thoughts on such an idea. I would release minor tutorials on how to get them into game (and even code examples) just not my battlemodels file (its been customized to my own tastes).

Any of you faustian reich lovers want to see the Faust even MORE awesome looking ?

Edit: to prevent confusion: this wouldnt replace anything, it would just add onto the faustian stuff, so youd still have the brass and gold-highlight stuff for the normal Faustian forces.
    Last edited by Massive_attack; September 09, 2010 at 02:29 PM.

Such a project would be unlikely to be given permission, Im afraid. The potential problems with inexperienced people modding the battlemodels could lead to problems, this is turn would effect stability and damage the reputation of the mod and its stability.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; September 09, 2010 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    Such a project would be unlikely to be given permission, Im afraid. The potential problems with inexperienced people modding the battlemodels could lead to problems, this is turn would effect stability and damage the reputation of the mod and its stability.
    wouldn't he just need to change the Texture?

The idea of this would be that it could be used on the Faustian reich Kaiser bodyguards and perhaps the kaisers pikes to make those troops stand out. Id like to hear your thoughts on such an idea. I would release minor tutorials on how to get them into game (and even code examples) just not my battlemodels file (its been customized to my own tastes).
    Unless I am misreading the message.

If it is a texture only package, then I would consider it (but as always I need to see the final package, before giving permission.)
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; September 09, 2010 at 03:04 PM.

Citizen

It could always be a V4 exclusive. (in that you guys would incorporate them in and release them with V4, preventing confusion)

But really all it would be is litterally changing 2 numbers in the model.db file, on a line (which i would give explicit instructions on how to find) and Id tell them to make a backup beforehand so even if they mess up its no big deal, but Id be happy with a v4 exclusive too.

Edit2: @ Masaky: Yes, but right now the kaisers lancers/bodyguard use the old textures. To get new ones in, people need to edit the battlemodels.db file, which is what the tutorial would be for. But maybe TFON is right and I should just send it to the team to see if they want to do something with it when its done.
    Last edited by Massive_attack; September 09, 2010 at 03:44 PM.

Daraunon's Avatar Senator

I don't think it's really necessary for them,after all they're still combat troops on a battlefield...and an entirely golden armor could be too much for the Faust...
    I don't know how will you make them look,but I think it would be too flashy...

Citizen

Fair enough, I just thought id throw that idea out there. I probably wont do it, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Daraunon View Post
    I don't think it's really necessary for them,after all they're still combat troops on a battlefield...and an entirely golden armor could be too much for the Faust...
    I don't know how will you make them look,but I think it would be too flashy...
    flashy is good, i personally would like to see the Kaiser in a golden Full Plate .

Citizen

Yeah, thats the kind of thing i was going for. Just something to make the elite of the elite stand out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Masaky View Post
    flashy is good, i personally would like to see the Kaiser in a golden Full Plate .

Nice, just not Faustian imo

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    Nice, just not Faustian imo
    the design is full fantasy and has nothing to do with the Reich. (from Dragon age, a great rpg) but i like the Color.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Masaky View Post

I think that this would fit Avalon more since they seem to be the type to send gold-plated units into war. Maybe something like "Dragons of Avalon" or something like that?

No need for the unit though, Avalon has a full roster (with gold armoured units)