Thread: About the map in FA mod

Default About the map in FA mod

Yes ,the map in FA mod is one of the best maps i have ever seen

but I notice the detail of the map in some regions is not very good .

as:
    1. the amount of regions in India is too many also in middle Asia , Stepen ,Iran and north Africa ( if makuria be removed !), but meantime the amount of regions in eastern euro , middle euro and balkan or greek is obvious few .

2. some mountains in some regions are too low than fact that make accurate of map reduces !
    I personally think the idea of the mountain height and highland height in SS or TATW mod is nice .

3. present planes in map may be too many instead of complex group type, a lot of complex group type
    may needed to improve MOD .

4. If some famous rivers have chance to appear by Navigateable Rivers style ?
    I think navigeteable rivers will improve the game play and map accurate .

Default Re: About the map in FA mod

theres many trues on everything said there

truth is the current map isn't finished and because we lacked in mapper(s) and pretty much in all areas the map was stoped on the current state waiting to be finished sometime on the future so this explains the issue with the heights

makuria is being converted into sweden so we took 2 unneeded regions from that region and moved into sweden (become lund and uppsala), but in large scale map the issue isn't find regions the issue is the limit (harcoded) of regions and make it balanced by not make one region too crowed or too empty, also keep in mind the factions and give them some space to expand, not giving many regions but also not make a 1/3 of the map a single region

but anything wich can improve the map is welcome, move regions, replace regions, better balance all of this is welcome!

navigateable rivers is a great idea and would make more accurate but this in some way could be used to cheat and trick the AI since AI isn't that smart to use the rivers in a tactical/estrategical way, for human player yes would be great for AI not really, also at some points rivers would be useful due large trafic jams of stupid AI navy !
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Yes , I agree with you !
    i believe you already had a concept about what way the MOD will be .

I have to leave a long time due to real life
    so hope can see new and nice FA mod when i come back

cheers ..........

There is 3 new slots (regions) avaliable so for next patch i need help from FA fans and everyone else wich wants to help and choose 3 regions you wish to be on campaign map ! also keep on mind the campaign balance and not choose 3 regions just in a single "country" or very restricted area !!

suggestions?

Last time I played I remembered Britian not having many regions. I plan on installing again tonight.

being more specific by naming regions would be more helpful

i would like one more region for england, Norwich,for scotland too one more,Orkney,above (everness).one more for novgorod as there is a lot of space above novgorod,region Murmansk.
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; September 08, 2010 at 01:54 PM.

thanks for the input but please 3 regions, 1 for each zone of the map ie 1 for england X 1 for russia Y and 1 for balkans Z so we can keep balance and be fair for all factions and campaigns

i noticed the india have too many regions (maybe 15 regions if my menory is accurate) and even there is a regions in Sri Lanka island

so any ideas about to reduce regions in india ?

well i've taken already 4 regions from east and africa to give to europe (1 for scotland, 1 for denmark, 1 for greece and 1 for russia) in meantime india will be reduced on regions perhaps to half and continue the work on the map

Overlord.ru's Avatar Centenarius
    Russian Federation, Moscow Region, Town of Electrostal

Sounds nice, I'm curious if such work as reworking paths, rivers, seas, ground and mountains or total size of the map and it's dimension concidered? Ofc not soon, but at least for the future?

great new map!!!but dont make india too small lol,it is afterall a big country,and the elephants gotta have some space too move

Hi guys you should do something about the details and the colour of the sea ,mountains ect.
    ok I love the TA map e the Bellum Crucis one , maybe it's my fault , but a little more colour would help the map looks like too much vanilla...