Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age's Future

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Default Dragon Age's Future

Any real fan of Dragon Age would agree that the world which BioWare created has a rather limitless amount of creativity and potential. So far we've only seen a small bit of Thedas and just in Ferelden and the world of Origins we've seen but a small fracture of the cities, towns, peoples, cultures, etc that make this area up.

Dragon Age 2 is going to take us north into the Free Marches and maybe introduce us to Tevinter, Antiva, Rivain, Par Vollen, etc

But what will be see in the future? What do we want to see in the future? How far and how deep to we want the universe of Dragon Age to go? Will we satisfied with say...a mere trilogy of games?

The point of this thread is for us to simply converse about what we want to see come out of Dragon Age.
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

Manoflooks's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Dragon Age's Future

Personally, I want what one of the developers joked about in an interview-"Infinite! Infinite Dragon Age games!"! The problem being that the title would have to change, as in 70 game years it will no longer be the dragon age.

I found the Qunari fascinating, so I hope we have a game that involves another war with them. Preferably with sten involved-that would be interesting.

We should finish off all the blights, destroy the ing chantry(if we want), and just...keep exploring the whole dragon age world.
    Men plan.

Fatelaughs.

See my AAR, From Kingdom to Empire-An Ottoman AAR

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

I can see an MMO in the future.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

I'm seeing EA wanting their go at another MMO after Warhammer Online failed. You've also got ot remember that EA folded Mythic (who developed Dark Age of Camelot and Warhammer Online) into Bioware, and that much of TOR's revenue will be going to LucasArts. Wether that MMO be in Dragon Age's or Mass Effect's setting (or both), is something only time will tell.

Honestly though, I see them turning it into that and console based hack'n'slashes with some dialogue chucked in. Not the future i'd want, but I guess i'll wait and see.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

A map of thedas
    http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../ThedasMap.jpg
    Large image(6680x5010)

Now what I want hmmm. Perhaps the war between the Tevinter Imperium vs Qunari. An ancient empire full of mages vs a technologically advanced race with canons.

My guess is that it's going to be a trilogy, and then EA might try a MMO.
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I rather see them expand Jade Empire or start something new.

After making a spiritual succesor to Baldur's Gate (Dragon Age) its time they make a spiritual succesor to Neverwinter Nights.

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Orlais, and its Knights...

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

Valandur's Avatar Campidoctor

Maybe a game thats takes us back in time to the First Blight and the fall of the Dwarven Kingdoms. Maybe play the role of a Dwarven Soldier or Commander and fight in the Dwarven Army, watching as the Dwarven Empire stradily crumbles and only Orzammar is left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele Bachmann View Post
    They would be incorrect. The only path to happiness is through Christ.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

I want everything. Par Vollen, Orlais, Tevinter, the Crows.

CamilleBonparte's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    I want everything. Par Vollen, Orlais, Tevinter, the Crows.
    This. I want to see it all. I don't care if we go back in time either, in fact I'd love it.

I could rub butter made of Dragon Age all over my body wait what.
    "If History is deprived of the truth, we are left with nothing but an idle, unprofitable tale." - Polybius
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]

The Last Spartan's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleBonparte View Post
    This. I want to see it all. I don't care if we go back in time either, in fact I'd love it.

I could rub butter made of Dragon Age all over my body wait what.

Hey, why'd you stop? It was getting good!

Quote Originally Posted by Manoflooks View Post
    Personally, I want what one of the developers joked about in an interview-"Infinite! Infinite Dragon Age games!"! The problem being that the title would have to change, as in 70 game years it will no longer be the dragon age.

I found the Qunari fascinating, so I hope we have a game that involves another war with them. Preferably with sten involved-that would be interesting.

We should finish off all the blights, destroy the ing chantry(if we want), and just...keep exploring the whole dragon age world.
    I hope to god not!

DA was amazing, DA2 is shaping up to be just as good if not better, hopefully DA3 (and it will come) will be just as good. But I am weary of Bioware becoming an automatic rather then a semi. I don't want game after game after game pumped out I want well thought out, well made games with (most importantly) a good story.

Bioware is reaching an important crossroads. Like all popular game devs they now have the choice to stay less mainstream and make good games which if done properly will be very good (ME 1/2, Dragon Age, KOTOR) or appease their newfound fans and pump out game after game every year or so that is more or less a reiteration of what they did last time but with a few weak changes (Call of Duty) I hope to god they pick the former.

As for the future if DA2 is about what I think it secretly is about then I believe the third game will be the final game. We will just have to see...
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Quote Originally Posted by RVFVS View Post
    I hope to god not!

DA was amazing, DA2 is shaping up to be just as good if not better, hopefully DA3 (and it will come) will be just as good. But I am weary of Bioware becoming an automatic rather then a semi. I don't want game after game after game pumped out I want well thought out, well made games with (most importantly) a good story.

Bioware is reaching an important crossroads. Like all popular game devs they now have the choice to stay less mainstream and make good games which if done properly will be very good (ME 1/2, Dragon Age, KOTOR) or appease their newfound fans and pump out game after game every year or so that is more or less a reiteration of what they did last time but with a few weak changes (Call of Duty) I hope to god they pick the former.

As for the future if DA2 is about what I think it secretly is about then I believe the third game will be the final game. We will just have to see...
    What do you think DA 2 will be about? You can't just throw this about without elaborating!

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

New ways of magic is bound to come. I hope they bring in some divinie also. A new rising church that actually follows a real divinity would be cool, like this bigass rebellion that kills all devouted chantry people.

But most of all... i wanna see dragons! intelligent dragons. Dunno why but i cant seem to grow away from em
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinary Guardian View Post
    What do you think DA 2 will be about? You can't just throw this about without elaborating!
    Flemeth of course. This entire series is about Flemeth and her trek to ultimate power. The second game will establish her and the third gam will probably be centered on defeating her.
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Kurdawar's Avatar Civis

i'm seeing, much like the Elders scrolls, games that cover different eras and different nations with a huge amount of in game lore, that would tell you about the adventures of the grey warden or the adventures of the main character in the second game.
    There is a potential for the darkspawn to be more then just warmongers under the demon spell with complex societies common to the dwarven society maybe.

About the time era, and location etc i do believe that all BioWare games have this possibility, even Mass Effect.
    - Hewlêr, Stockholm, Norrland!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzZ9G85mrnM Tara Caff - Yaran, enjoy (påminner lite om Samemusik).

The Last Spartan's Avatar Campidoctor

I hope to god not!

That seems to be a trend among video game companies that go big. It's corporate greed if you ask me. EA did it a while back and they had hell to pay for it, Activision is making the same mistake (even after they aquired Infinity Ward, they continued with their antics, firing the two executive managers and founders!) I love Call of Duty since the first one came out (I still think United Offensive is the best) and eversince Activision came into the picture the series has just been bleh. What happened to my games!?

Apparently no one learns from others mistakes, but so far, BioWare is keeping their good track record, let's just hope they don't up.

Now, what I'm hoping they would do, is keep the franchises going, but don't milk it, if you see where I'm going with this. What I'm hoping they would do is improve as much as they can with DA2 (which I think they will, considering what I've read from various articles) and expand on it. In terms of geography their universe is a little smaller than Lord of the Rings, but they've placed so much history and quite literally micromanaged every single aspect of each country that there is huge potential for story.

To be quite honest, the combat aspect of DA:O was cookie-cutter to me, but the story telling aspect far exceeds any other fantasy game I've played or fantasy franchise for that matter(except Mount & Blade, but that's in a completely different style).

I just hope they don't take the road where they just bomb the out of the franchise thinking that the more games the better (when we all know that that never works out too well).

... I think I just babbled on about that haha. I completely forgot the entire point of what I was trying to say. Damn you graveyard shift ...

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

No mmo for dragon age please

Manoflooks's Avatar Senator

I hope to god not!

I know, I know, it would never turn out well. Merely idly wishes. If there was some guarantee that the games would not be milked, then that's what I want. Don't you agree? Other than that, I want a few more, maybe even a spinoff(if it's good), but then it ends...and something else amazing starts.
    Men plan.

Fatelaughs.

See my AAR, From Kingdom to Empire-An Ottoman AAR

Flemeth of course. This entire series is about Flemeth and her trek to ultimate power. The second game will establish her and the third gam will probably be centered on defeating her.
    You really believe that? Interesting theory, though I support the more common one with Morrigan's godlike bastard. I for one did not bed her in my playthrough, so if the Morrigan theory is correct, I wonder how they will establish it....so, it appears that the Flemeth theory has merit Mr RFVS

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast