Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 88.89%
  • No

1 11.11%
  • Abstain

0 0%

Thread: PASSED[Citizen]Verrückt (Patron : La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham)

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default PASSED[Citizen]Verrückt (Patron : La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham)

Patron : La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham

Patron

Dear members of the Consillium de Civitate. I would like to put forward this chap for the honourable Rank of Citizen.
    I have known Verrückt for Approx 1 year now... and in that time I have known him to be polite and an active member in the community.
    Recently I have noticed some of his contributions to the WIKI pages and his contributions in content staff.. the Eagle Standard.
    As you can see from the WIKI link he provided he has been very active in correcting a lot of entries.
    I personally have always admired members who contribute in these areas in their spare time, to add relevant information for other members benefit.
    I think it is time that Verrückt held the Rank of Citizen, and I hope the members of the Consillium de Civitate would kindly take his contributions into consideration please.
    Yours Sincerely
    Brigadier Graham

Client : Verrückt

Client

Greetings, members of the Consillium de Civitate.
    My name is Verrückt and this is my citizenship application. I will try to classify my contributions to make them easier to check.

1) Background and early years.

I joined TWC in 2008. Back then, I dwelt in the M2TW general discussion section. At first I asked questions myself, but in a few months I started helping people by answering some of their questions regarding Medieval 2. Of course it is probably not traceable now (except for if Mega is going to check every single message of mine ) and won’t be considered a contribution, but it is a part of the story, so let it be here.

Later I moved to Thema Devia and after a few months I understood that I wanted to really contribute to this site, not just answer questions on M2 here and there.

2) Eagle Standard.

Later I joined the Content Staff and began writing for the ES as a reporter. In time, I became the Chief Reporter for the Medieval 2 News Section.

As I’ve looked through other applications, I’ve seen people linking the CdeC to the publication issues they took part in and some of them were something like one article in an issue, three issues, three articles in total, so I thought I might present to you my work. You will probably think: “Is this a joke? One issue and this guy considers it a contribution? He must be nuts!” But if you look at the M2 section, you will see that I’ve contributed with more than 4 articles in this issue, and I also compiled and edited the M2 news section, as I was appointed the M2 Chief Reporter.

The Eagle Standard Total War Resouce Publication Volume IX Issue I
    Medieval 2 section of this issue

3) Wiki Staff

And then I joined the Wiki Staff, in order to help the Wiki team to develop our TWC internet encyclopedia. At first I just made small edits here and there, but then I started working on serious projects and here are the major pages I created and managed.

Tsardoms: TW
    Expanded Americas
    Ferrum Aeternum
    All Under Heaven

Here is my contribution page on Wiki:
    LINK

4) Debate and Discussion.
    I have also participated in some debates, both in the Mudpit and my favourite part of D&D: Vestigia Vetustatis. Back in the early 2009 my posts were not mature enough, but if you take a look at my recent debates you can see that I’ve improved. Here are a few discussions I took part in.

Napoleon vs Wellington
    Could the Nazis invade the US
    World w/o gunpowder
    What is the USSR did not collapse?
    What if the USSR defeated the western powers
    Burgundy
    France fails at human rights

5) Why am I applying
    I am striving to become a citizen because I like Total War Center and spend quite a lot of time on it, and I wish to further contribute to it by joining the Curia and helping the administration to manage the site, which is the Curia’s main purpose. I think that I have developed a citizen attitude and I have really changed since I first joined TWC. I have become more mature and tolerant to other people’s opinions, and even if rarely my posts have an aggressive style, they are still backed up with arguments and I try to never resort to ad hominem’s and other inappropriate styles of discussion. As a proof, you can look up my moderator interaction records: I only have 2 infractions in more than 2 years on this site. My first infraction was for insulting others in 2008, when I was a newbie and didn’t really take the rules so seriously (later I apologized to the person I insulted and he forgave me) and the second one was in early 2009 for promoting illegal activities, when I admitted I have downloaded a game image after my retail copy got damaged and thus impossible to use. Now I really regret doing so and I understand how selfish of me was to do so.

In conclusion, regardless of the outcome, I want to thank the CdeC for reviewing my application and I wish you all a nice day.

Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: [Citizen]Verrückt (Patron : La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham)

VV posts look good.

Wiki looks good- Hesus, you're more accustomed to working with the Wiki. Is he good? Looks good to me so far. CHIP IN TELL ME SOMETHING GOOD

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

He has impressed me with the chaos surrounding the most recent issue of the ES. He rose to the occasion and did a great deal of work on the recent issue. More work than many will perform over posting a medium length article in three issues. The VV posts are also good. I cannot say about the wiki, but even if he did only a moderate contribution there, this would be a yes from me.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

About the wiki his work is of good quality but it's not impressive. He has done 4 pages of which the information was delivered by the mod teams it's not that hard to create those pages like this but i will see if i am able to gather some more information on this.

An other concern might be the list of notes/warnings he has gathered over the years. He has 3 notes and one warning for insulting others, one note and one infraction for promoting illegal activities. It's bin a year after they were issued but it is something to take note of.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

The last note was about 7 months ago. The most serious and ironicly the most serious warning was over one year ago. Let's not make more out of prior moderation than is really needed. Moderation has acted and the applicant has not needed repeat warnings for a lack of learning the rules. Certainly a year since the most recent warning should be saying something positive. Maybe I am just looking at a half full glass, but....
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

I agree. We shouldn't judge people by what they did a year ago. I think I remember those infractions, haha.

Anyway. Hazel sways me on the wiki contributions, but VP swoops in with the ES. I think it evens out.

Gonna vote yes yo.

Works for ES and wiki, gets my vote.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Hesus de bodemloze View Post
    About the wiki his work is of good quality but it's not impressive. He has done 4 pages of which the information was delivered by the mod teams it's not that hard to create those pages like this but i will see if i am able to gather some more information on this.

An other concern might be the list of notes/warnings he has gathered over the years. He has 3 notes and one warning for insulting others, one note and one infraction for promoting illegal activities. It's bin a year after they were issued but it is something to take note of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius View Post
    Works for ES and wiki, gets my vote.
    An applicant with diversity and an excitable nature. Should prove to be a quality review...
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

I will be voting Yes on this member, as Kitty Cat said an applicant with diversity in content and a determination to do a lot of work in one of our editorials while chaos is surrounding it testifies that this member is willing to put a lot effort in the things he is assigned to.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator

as Kitty Cat said
    I lolled.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

I think I will be voting yes for him. He has everything to be looked for in a candidate. Good find for Brig.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Works is many areas of content and produces work, a yes from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

He looks good to me.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

{Going by profile foundation stats only}

Kay.... Gonna sound off cuz well... This gonna take in depth scrutiny. Going down his thread starts nothing jumps out {The TWC Party Vote threads, good stuff that...} as being of sterner stuff material. He can start ARR's with the best of them, I'll give him that. I'm seeing aggression/antagonism and not a whole lot to counter balance it. Then there's the bumps and bruises with mod staff and the aggression displayed in tribunal....

At first I asked questions myself, but in a few months I started helping people by answering some of their questions regarding Medieval 2. Of course it is probably not traceable now (except for if Mega is going to check every single message of mine ) and won’t be considered a contribution, but it is a part of the story, so let it be here.
    It may come to that. Growth means alot, and credit is given for it.

Already endorsed the candidate. The content contributions must weigh heavily in this.... Somebody put a second kettle on, this might get rough...

Edit: OMG he's got 50 pages of posts....Somebody just shoot me........

Edit II: Kay his {recent} D&D stuff looking better. I'll continue tomorrow. This would be an easy application review if I had seen the good before the bad and not the inverse. The question remains if the growth is there to overcome early setbacks...
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; September 01, 2010 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Edit & Grammar

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,

I like his work for the ES, voted yes.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Originally Posted by Lysimachus

Habelo, this forum isn't really the place for your white power nonsense. If you want to talk about how white people pwn so much, go to stormfront
    Yes, it is a forum for fags with no alternative opinions politically correct tolerant people. Here we talk about how much we want the world peace to come.

Seriously, I'm not a white supremacist and I'm not advocating these kind of ideas, but I can't really enjoy watching a person getting kicked out for having a different opinion. Has your night sleep left you after you saw his unacceptable posts? Have you made it your life goal to purge that evil villian who is ravaging the lands of TWC?

The applicant has above average intellect and enjoys weilding a sharp rapier. I did scan the most recent ten pages of posts, 20% to see the personal growth the applicant mentioned. There is good presentation of intellect, however the sharpness is still there and may yet prove a detriment to the applicant.

Right then... You have my endorsement with a provisor... Don't let emotion, cloud your intellect and return your to the CdeC on a disiplinary refferal. If I am still here I would have to retract my endorsement and go the other way. I embraced your statement of growth and change, please do not prove me wrong.

Welcome to the Curia. I look forward to seeing your petitions and ideas in play...

Passed, PMs sent.

Devoirs The Empress

Public.
    Last edited by Empress Meg; September 11, 2010 at 02:37 PM.
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard