Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Random unit renders

Leo4444's Avatar Miles

Is their going to be a landbridge between greece and Troy because AI doesnt attack by sea much?

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Bit off-topic, that. Still, all I can say is that when we re-convert the map to BI (we did it already, but our scripter vanished, taking the work with him), we shall consider land bridges fully. We haven't yet made a decision about this.

is it possible to make the AI attack more by boat?

since in ancient Greece, the Agean was one of the most vital sources of transportation. that'd be awesome, but is it possible? haha

That's a good question. I don't think there is a way to do it, but there is an AI trait in BI called 'prefers naval invasions' or something. Whether or not it actually works I don't know.

I think it is.

We will have the nations either side being very aggressive to each other. In fact most nations except the hittites will probably have a large degree of agression towards Troy because of it's superiority - in wealth above all else.

Don't forget that in Rome the scipii and brutii invade sicily and greece, albeit an uncertain series of events.

Patches 1.5 and 1.6 are supposedly coming out soon and one of the improvements is supposed to be that the AI will use a navy the way it is supposed to i presume building large fleets instead of many small ones and also i presume by lauching naval invasions - this could work well.

That sounds good. If the release comes before the patch(es), then, although I don't like the idea, I think land bridges may be necessary, otherwise the AI as (eg) Mycenae would probably just stomp around Greece, but never get in boats and go to Troy!

Although if mycenae were to stomp around greece it wouldn't be too inaccurate, but obviously an attack on troy would be the best scenario. Hopefully the new patches will provide such abilities.

Hey, i know i said i wouldn't post any more but what the hell....

Spartan Royal Guard

those Spartans rule, and the Ithacan spears are great too!

Yes, the Spartans are my favourites too.

i'm sorry but the Trojans and Thessalians own all

the Trojans are my overall favs

Dorians and minoans rule!

Athenians kick minoan ass :laughing:

Any more requests?

Osceola's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hmm...

Hmm...

More Amazons?

More Thessalonians?

They have cavalry, and not chariots, right? For some reason, I had thought that it was until much later that people were able to ride horses (Around the rise of the persians, for they had been of too small a breed to sufficently ride on the back of.
    Last edited by Ahiga; December 28, 2005 at 07:42 PM.

Default Re: Random unit renders

Dear Zhuge
    at some point you wrote (I don't know how long ago, but I only just saw it now):

"The 'Greek barbarians' the Dorians, the people who would become the Classic Greeks."

Well, the Dorians did not become THE classic Greeks. They were present in classical Greece of course, but they were not alone. The Greeks at the time were divided into major tribes, one of which was the Dorians, but they coexisted with others.
    So, although correct, your comment was wrong in that it expressed itself in an exclusive manner.

PS. I'm Greek. And yes, I claim a Dorian descent :yes

Take care

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast