Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Teutonic Crusades 1.0 for SS6.3 - Enhanced models and textures for Lithuania and Teutonic Order factions (former Enhanced Lithuania)

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Teutonic Crusades 1.0 for SS6.3 - Enhanced models and textures for Lithuania and Teutonic Order factions (former Enhanced Lithuania)

I love the BC unit models and am glad to be able to play them on SS. However I DLed the file and extracted to the SS folder but none of the TO units are showing up in game. Do I have to change anything after extracting into the mod?

Paladin94610's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Teutonic Crusades 1.0 for SS6.3 - Enhanced models and textures for Lithuania and Teutonic Order factions (former Enhanced Lithuania)

Shoryn, can you give me every details on what you have changed.
    Especially the word, Heavily Reworked Teutonic Order, does it mean changes in models or both models and unit stats. Could you detail them for me. I am going to make your mod compatible with Rolling Wave's MRP. I ask you and not him coz, you have finer details on your modding list. Your mods will not be made compatible unless one of you give fine details on what you have modded.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

Diversus's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf The Great View Post
    Also, quick question about Lithuanians I've been meaning to ask. I've noticed they use the "spectacled" helmet that the Vikings are often seen wearing, did they really do that?
    Yes they did, as you can see Lithuania haven't their own helmets so they borrowed ideas from other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixor_Drakar View Post
    I love the BC unit models and am glad to be able to play them on SS. However I DLed the file and extracted to the SS folder but none of the TO units are showing up in game. Do I have to change anything after extracting into the mod?
    You have nothing to do after extracting. Just be sure you extracted it in your SS6.3 folder, not in /data nor in /mods.
    If you're on Vista/7 it could have been a problem with admin rights. Try to extract the zip elsewhere (on the desktop for example) and then copy it in SS6.3 folder. Agree with every file replacement and it should work
    Never install M2TW in Program Files please, dear Vista/7 users...

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia Auxilia
    Shoryn, can you give me every details on what you have changed.
    Especially the word, Heavily Reworked Teutonic Order, does it mean changes in models or both models and unit stats. Could you detail them for me. I am going to make your mod compatible with Rolling Wave's MRP. I ask you and not him coz, you have finer details on your modding list. Your mods will not be made compatible unless one of you give fine details on what you have modded.
    Very kind of you I changed almost nothing in terms of stats. I heavily edited the battle_models.modeldb though. Thanks for the comment, I edited the OP, I understand "heavily reworked" could also mean "I changed the stats, bwahahaha"
    I think you want a list of changes in the EDU, here they are :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Line 1550, "mount to barded horse"
    Line 1586, "mount to barded horse"
    Line 13322, "armour_ug_models Sword_Brethren, Sword_Brethren_ug1, Sword_Brethren_ug1, Sword_Brethren_ug1"
    Line 13331, "armour_ug_models Order_Spearmen, Order_Spearmen_ug1, Order_Spearmen_ug1, Order_Spearmen_ug1"
    Line 13423, "stat_pri_armour 11, 9, 0, metal ;-3 defense ;no more shield on the model -> skill"
    Line 13637, "mount to barded horse"
    Line 13676, "mount to barded horse"
    Line 13717, "mount to barded horse"
    Line 13740, "armour_ug_models TO_Bodyguard, Halbbruder_ug1, Halbbruder_ug1"
    Line 13755, "officer Ritterbruder_ug1"
    Line 13780, "armour_ug_models Halbbruder_ug1, Ritterbruder_ug1, Ritterbruder_ug1, Ritterbruder_ug1"

The rest are old changes, from 0.1 and 0.2 versions, so only on Lithuanian units.
    I highly recommend you to use Winmerge, it could make the task easier

PS : I attached 2 files in a .rar : the "compare.htm" is the TC1.0 EDU (left) vs the SS6.3 EDU (right), so the full EDUs with changes in yellow; the "changes.txt" are only the changes I made in the 6.3 EDU.
    For example :
    Code:
    1550c1550
    < mount            to barded horse
    ---
    > mount            early barded horse
    Means on the line 1550 I changed mount early barded horse to mount to barded horse

Last edited by Shoryn; September 27, 2010 at 05:36 AM.
    Teutonic Crusades Sub-mod for SS6.3
    Many graphical enhancements to Teutonic Order and Lithuania factions

Works now, thanks for the help. Just got SS yesterday and gave it a once over but im a submod whore so I wanted this up and running before I jumped in a campaign.

P.S. I hate windows 7, it has become the bane of my existence.

Don't say that, I think Win7 is really better than this piece of of vista and is a good successor to WinXP.

The only thing that need a little habit is the UAC but you can disable it.
    Teutonic Crusades Sub-mod for SS6.3
    Many graphical enhancements to Teutonic Order and Lithuania factions

Shoryn, I am starting my work right now. Winmerge file you gave me is very handful. Thanks. But I found the incompatibility of Winmerge file and your released file. I found Yasi Archers to be mounted on Fast Pony in vanilla 6.3. But your Winmerge says its mount is Medium horse but your released file shows Heavy Horse. What should I choose, medium horse one or heavy horse one?

PS: Sorry, mate. Problem solved. Nevermind.
    Last edited by Paladin94610; September 27, 2010 at 06:41 AM.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

I haven't had much trouble except for the Admin prompts every time I want to do something. I know how to get rid of em but I'm too lazy. Playing Lithuania as we speak by the way.

Shoryn, Did you edited the stats of Nubian Spearmen. If so, you modification interfere with Moorish Roster Project. I am adding your detailed changes into MRP's EDU. So I decided to leave MRP's modification on Nubian Spearmen. There isn't much different between yours and his. You lowered the costs and training time of Nubian Spearmen. Rollingwave further reduce the cost for them.

PS: Did you deleted the unit Dismounted Turghagut. I am afraid the game would crash when the Mongols or Timurids appear with the deleted unit (which might have been in the CS). So I added the Late Lithuanian Bodyguard at the end of Rollingwave's EDU. And I launched the game. It didn't crashed.
    Last edited by Paladin94610; September 27, 2010 at 07:02 AM.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia Auxilia View Post
    Shoryn, Did you edited the stats of Nubian Spearmen. If so, you modification interfere with Moorish Roster Project. I am adding your detailed changes into MRP's EDU. So I decided to leave MRP's modification on Nubian Spearmen. There isn't much different between yours and his. You lowered the costs and training time of Nubian Spearmen. Rollingwave further reduce the cost for them.
    That edit is from the Fixes collection, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    That edit is from the Fixes collection, actually.
    Thanks, Meneth for clarification.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

PS: Did you deleted the unit Dismounted Turghagut. I am afraid the game would crash when the Mongols or Timurids appear with the deleted unit (which might have been in the CS). So I added the Late Lithuanian Bodyguard at the end of Rollingwave's EDU. And I launched the game. It didn't crashed.
    Actually, only Disamounted Turghagut is used in-game, for some reason, so removing Dismounted Turghagut is safe.
    Not 100% certain, but close

any other links available ? i cant download the file from the present link .

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    Actually, only Disamounted Turghagut is used in-game, for some reason, so removing Dismounted Turghagut is safe.
    Not 100% certain, but close
    Oh. Never noticed that. Anyway, there is only the battlemodel.db file to make it compatible.
    EDU is now compatible. Other files, descr_character and descr_mount are not modified by RW. So they will be just copied from Shoryn's mod.

Hey, Meneth, won't you make this new compatible mod to be compatible with your 2tpy. Ok. Will you just 2 turn per yearize the resultant mod?

PS: Shoryn: Will you give me the battle model.db changes on vanilla or will you do it yourself to make it compatible with Rollingwave's MRP?
    Last edited by Paladin94610; September 27, 2010 at 07:50 AM.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

Overlord.ru's Avatar Centenarius
    Russian Federation, Moscow Region, Town of Electrostal

Shoryn, I like the new teutonic units very much, but is there a way to return old ritterbruders' models? They're so cool with those horned and wolf-headed helmets, and now there aren't any such models left

Shoryn, here is the my Compatibility mod, only the battlemodel.db is not edited.
    Note that this file is still in construction. So don't download them to use in game. It will crash.
    Here is the link.
    Click Me

The Download button is at the bottom of the web page.
    Last edited by Paladin94610; September 27, 2010 at 08:24 AM.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

Hey, Meneth, won't you make this new compatible mod to be compatible with your 2tpy. Ok. Will you just 2 turn per yearize the resultant mod?
    It should work fine with 2TP without any editing, since it mostly just edits graphics. 2TP isn't dependent on all that many files, mostly just descr_strat, descr_regions, descr_settlement_mechanics and the EDB. Probably a few other I've forgotten, though

Didn't you heavily edited EDB and slightly edited EDU?
    I found the two files in your mod pack.

T/L Enhanced Mod edits the EDU, and MRP edits heavily on EDB.
    So we need to edit these files too. I have merged the EDUs of the two sub-mods. Check the previous post and click CLICK ME. Download the file and get the EDU and edit.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

Didn't you heavily edited EDB and slightly edited EDU?
    I found the two files in your mod pack.

T/L Enhanced Mod edits the EDU, and MRP edits heavily on EDB.
    So we need to edit these files too. I have merged the EDUs of the two sub-mods. Check the previous post and click CLICK ME. Download the file and get the EDU and edit.
    Ah, right,
    No, 2TP doesn't edit the EDU. The Fixes does edit it slightly.
    Yeah, 2TP edits the EDB a lot. The easiest way to merge it though, is just using 2TP's EDU as the base, and merging MRP's changes into it, then editing the unit refill rates down 33-40% (MRP's changes, that is)
    Might do it later, though, if you don't do it before me.

If you know the detail changes, please do make a compatible EDB.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia