Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Teutonic Crusades 1.0 for SS6.3 - Enhanced models and textures for Lithuania and Teutonic Order factions (former Enhanced Lithuania)

Default Re: Enhanced Lithuania for SS6.3

No problem mate

Edit : This should interest you
    Last edited by Shoryn; August 31, 2010 at 02:48 PM.
    Teutonic Crusades Sub-mod for SS6.3
    Many graphical enhancements to Teutonic Order and Lithuania factions

THANKS!!!

Thanks for taking the time to change the cuman horse shoryn ive noticed that the rusichi have the same problem as well,which files did you change? as i have rusichi with the mongol invasion (just have to unrar) and would like to remove all the vanilla horses that were added in the rusichi skin upgrade (and replace with the rusichi ones) and fix the armour upgrade system (if able to) i just wish y2day or someone would fix all the incorrect unit pictures on the card info as well,i can see alot more mods coming from this latest upgrade of the game we love

You're welcome.
    Check in the descr_mount and battle_models.modeldb which mounts are using rusichi models (basically their .mesh files may have "marka" in their names). You can also check in custom battles.
    Next when you know which mounts you want just edit the EDU : each cavalry unit has a "mount" line, you can put the name of the mount you want the unit to use here (names with spaces like in the descr_mount, not with _ like the models).

Quick reply and thanks for the easy to understand explaination,i will be having a look at this later today when i get time,thankyou again shoryn.

P.S. Are you familiar with how to change the campain models on the map shoryn?i really would like to play the byzantines but cant bear to see the new models that replaced the old ones lol,even a quick explaination as to which files i will have to change would steer me in the right direction
    Last edited by Mojo582; September 01, 2010 at 05:38 PM.

HELP!!!

problem solved
    Last edited by Mojo582; September 01, 2010 at 11:39 PM.

To-Do list for the next releases :
    - Reworked Teutonic Order using Baltic Crusades models as well
    - Reworked Poland with the same things (for all units; I think it will share some units with the TO because they almost have the same models, must see how I can manage that)
    - Unit cards (still looking for a good guy to do that for me, I'm pretty bad at doing this) for the reworked Lithuania
    - Unit Info cards (some are already done)
    - Reworked some units of Kiev/Novgorod (foot boyars for example) using Rusishi models.

I think the next release will also change the name of the submod to "Enhanced Baltic" or something like that because we are going out of Lithuania
    If you have any suggestions, don't hesitate to share them.
    Last edited by Shoryn; September 17, 2010 at 04:03 PM.

Sounds great !

Maybe add some units for Lithuania or other Baltic nations?

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by Wader View Post
    Maybe add some units for Lithuania or other Baltic nations?
    Can't. 6.3 has hit the hardcoded unit limit. So to add more, you have to remove something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    Can't. 6.3 has hit the hardcoded unit limit. So to add more, you have to remove something else.
    This is the main reason ; the other is that I want this mod to stay mostly "model-changing" and thus using only EDU and battle_models.model, and some other minor files like descr_mount. I don't want to change more files because I want this mod to be easily integrable with other mods (and I believe it is )

The exception is the Late general, but, well, if integrating the mod into another, this unit is pretty optional, and it doesn't require editing EDB, so it didn't hurt adding it. It's a shame general_unit_upgrade attribute doesn't actually work, though, so you need to edit the EDU around year 1350.

1.Hmm so maybe add option to change religion for Lithuania.

2.England have a lot more units than Lithuania.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

England was a lot more important than Lithuania at the time.

1.Hmm so maybe add option to change religion for Lithuania.
    It should be interesting but I don't know if I can do that. As you can do it in Teutonic it should be doable but I don't know actually.

The fact is also that almost every english unit is used by other(s) faction(s). Every lithuanian unit is unique to this faction, this is on of the reasons why this faction is great to play : you are a unique nation, not a copycat of another with one or two unique units like Venice/Genoa.
    Last edited by Shoryn; September 20, 2010 at 06:24 AM. Reason: typo

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

England was a lot more important than Lithuania at the time.
    were they (significantly) more important than the Moors / Fatimids thoughs those two faction get nothing for units

There are some overlapping units that we've talked about in other threads, such as billmen / heavy billmen (basically the exact same unit minus armour, why not just remove the heavy version and let the armour upgrade due their thing?) such obvious examples in itself is enough to remove almost a dozen redudent unit right off the bat

of course that's for a different thread, as that involve a much more comprehensive effort, I think the SS team is tackling some aspect of that, as they plan on adding Georgia anyway so they need free unit slots.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Any progress?

For now I'm doing unit info cards for Lithuania; I also edited the Giltine's Chosen unit card and model/texture because I thought they didn't really match with the rest of the roster and I believe they were a little forgotten by Madtao as in his mod, the Giltine's Chosen are sword bearers.

I merged some parts and textures of others Madtao's models. I think they won't look odd when put aside other units like the old ones did. My version of them look like this (with the unit card - still WIP, I'm looking for how I can get the smooth gray line around the character like the others) :

I'm quite happy with them . Must do some more models/textures for armore upgrades (although I think this won't be the first level of armor)

Some unit info cards :

Dievas guards

Noble Sons

Nobles

Followers of Perkunas
    Last edited by Shoryn; September 22, 2010 at 06:14 PM.

although you can't add new units, it is possible to make existing units shared onto the Lithu roster, for example the Polish crossbow militas could be shared by the Lithu's (along with other units), or their cavalry milita that is only accessable via merchant guild right now could be accessable via city barracks as well etc...

hmmm, I thought Gilthine's chosen look better with their unique warhammers than swords
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Ive always thought that eliminating rebel units that players cant (or rarely use as mercs) would free up more slots for newer units that players can use which would enhance the game alot in my veiw.

yeah, discussion on that was already taken elsewhere on the SS board, (namely the thread talking about adding a Georgia faction), aside from that, the most obvious would be that a lot of the units were extemely similar in all but armour (see billmen vs heavy billmen as the most obvious example, though there are plenty others) so one wonder why their need to be 2 seperate units when one unit would do the same VIA armour upgrades.

Btw shoryn is this mod compatible with the 2_4_1 Fixes?