Thread: favorite faction

Default favorite faction

what is your favorite faction? i like playing as the parthians

MoROmeTe's Avatar For my name is Legion

This probably belongs in the Rome: General discussion forum...

And I like playing like a bunch of factions (take into account the fact that I am using RTR 6.2): mainly the Sarmatians, Pontus, Armenia, the Greek Cities, Parthia, Macedonians.... least favourite is Romans.

And try and provide some reasons... Should make the discussion more interesting.

I mainly like the archers of the eastern factions, mainly the Sarmatians, while I play the Greeks and Macedonians because I like them historically...

In the long run, we are all dead - John Maynard Keynes
    Under the patronage of Lvcivs Vorenvs
    Holding patronage upon the historical tvrcopolier and former patron of the once fallen, risen from the ashes and again fallen RvsskiSoldat

Quote Originally Posted by MoROmeTe the Dacian

And I like playing like a bunch of factions (take into account the fact that I am using RTR 6.2):
    how do you add more factions and/or update the game? (like to RTW 6.2 for example)

MoROmeTe's Avatar For my name is Legion

Ok... RTR is a mod, and there are more mods out there. You should look in the Hosted Modification Projects forum.

If you like one then you should download it and apply it as the readme or instructions say...

For RTR it is simple... update the game to 1.2 patch version, install RTR 6.0 and then apply the RTR 6.2 patch and the hotfix available all at www.rometotalrealism.org...

Luck and may you like it!

In the long run, we are all dead - John Maynard Keynes
    Under the patronage of Lvcivs Vorenvs
    Holding patronage upon the historical tvrcopolier and former patron of the once fallen, risen from the ashes and again fallen RvsskiSoldat

Sarmatia(Schytiia) is my favorite faction, I just love those horsearchers!!! Romans are great fun to play and so are the horrific germans.. In vanilla rome, my favorites are the egyptians, they're not historical, but their chariots and archers and cavalry are rad!
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji

hey, thanks
    i'll check it out

Shadows's Avatar Lurking unseen...........

yea the parthians are a great faction. because of their horse archers. but my personal favorite is the gauls. while playing as gaul if i get a decent army i can hold of nearly any army with little or no actual contact. the foresters arrows and druids chant combonation, behind a swordman battleline is just killer. i have held off much larger armies with only serious fighting taking place with my cavelry on the flanks.

yeah i do that to also with gauls you really dont have to worry about building a navy because most of gauls conquest is on land

IamthePope's Avatar Senator

In SPQR i love playing as the Julii so i can woop up on the gauls like caesar did. In RTR, the Selucids are fun and so are the Macedonians as the successor kingdoms are more fun in RTR.

CaptainQuark's Avatar Libertus

It's been a while since I posted anything here – been too busy PLAYING the game to talk about it!

Ever since the beginning, I haven't found the Romans interesting (I'm playing RTR), so I played Britannia quite a lot – for obvious reasons. But even they got to be boring, so I decided on a new challenge.

I'm now half-way through a game playing Numidia. Talk about a challenge! I haven't had this much fun in AGES!

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

Quote Originally Posted by MoROmeTe the Dacian
    least favourite is Romans.
    Blasphemy! how could anyone hate the Romans? They're my favorite, closely followed by Macedonia and its a tie for third, between the Seleucid Empire and Ptolemiac Egypt. (i use RTR 6.2 by the way)
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by unworthy soldier
    Blasphemy! how could anyone hate the Romans? They're my favorite, closely followed by Macedonia and its a tie for third, between the Seleucid Empire and Ptolemiac Egypt. (i use RTR 6.2 by the way)
    Maybe because the Romans weren't as "civilised" as many think , it's paradoxical for such a great Empire that lasted so long , they pillaged and burned Alexandria's Bilbiotheque , exterminated most of the big Numid cities in north Africa , enslaved hundred thousands of people during centuries , systematically massacred and erased any other non-roman cultures , people and traces of civilisation almost everywhere they ruled ..... the Antique version of nazism or something , like they used to say : Vae Victis .

They were by far the most blood-thirsty and genociders of their time , really nothing to do with the Hellenic peoples in terms of "civilisation" , despite their glorious military achievements , brilliant organisation (right , discipline ) and being great builder (right , aqueducs , roads ) etc.. .

Personnally my favourite factions are the Numids , Carthaginians and Gauls

Laetus

I play Darthmod, and my favoritue faction would probably be Carthage or Greece, nice alround armies, good economy and real fun campaigns. I also like Dacia and Scythia.
    "Festina lente" - Make haste slowly

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Julii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Scarecrow's Avatar Ducenarius

But if they weren't as blood thirsty they wouldn;t have been around for that long most likly