Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v5 (8 May 2011): agents only mod added

Default Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v5 (12 Sep 2010): 3-lber Horse arty, Organ gun, 64 lb great gun, plus naval added

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    mmm right i use the one you linked 2...NTF 3_4 file version 1.0.0.0 by husser.

maybe i should try a diff one...can u link please.

p.s not that bothered really but the ottomans are the only reason i want to re-play napoleon. p.s the general lack of units if a bit crap.

empire is great but for me napoleon is what empire should have been like in the first place (graphically etc).
    Hmmm, I don't know of others. . you should leave a post on the startpos mod page, he is very good about answering questions.

I agree that Nap TW is a giant leap ahead in terms of graphics and game play. Too bad it can't be retrofitted to ETW's maps. . .

eregost's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v5 (12 Sep 2010): 3-lber Horse arty, Organ gun, 64 lb great gun, plus naval added

Not yet. There is still hope that modders can make a breakthrough with mapping.

So mate are you ever going to release a realistic version that replaces the green uniforms with red ones?
    Rep me and leave your name and I promise on pain of death to rep you back!

JOIN THE RTW ALL HUMAN MULTIPLAYER HOTSEAT CAMPAIGN HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by eregost View Post
    Not yet. There is still hope that modders can make a breakthrough with mapping.

So mate are you ever going to release a realistic version that replaces the green uniforms with red ones?
    I'm actually thinking of doing a bit more, starting to get motivation back!

First I want to add the Bosniaks to the Ottomans, but I don't know much about them. Any info would be good so I could make recruitment regions and stats. This was suggested by turkishman92:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Then I need to paint the Tatars green, as that is the most common color I've seen.

Now about the color red; from all of my reading and research I have found that only the Nizam i cedit had "uniforms." The vast majority of the Ottoman military simply had "clothing styles" which from contemporary and later paintings seem to be consistent. But in terms of color, I have found no preference for red over say, blue or green. In other words, it seems the color choices were based more on local style than on a uniformity inherent in western militaries.

I have seen some that could be red: In paintings the marines/sailors often wear red. Almost assuredly many units wore red, but it doesn't seem to be "military" in the sense that it wasn't mandated by military uniformity.

Besides, I rather like the green colors. . . .

eregost's Avatar Primicerius

You are correct. I just prefer red over green personally, seems more professional to me since the actual professional Ottoman forces wore red unless they were riflemen. Good luck with the Bosniaks!
    Rep me and leave your name and I promise on pain of death to rep you back!

JOIN THE RTW ALL HUMAN MULTIPLAYER HOTSEAT CAMPAIGN HERE!

merhaba benim ingilizcem derdimi anlatacak kadar iyi değil.lütfen kusuruma bakmayın.bn bu modu aynı sizin dediğiniz gibi yükledim..ilk sprict dosyasıyla aktive etmeye çalıştım modu fakat olmadı..mod managerle aktive etmeye çalışınca oyun yanıt vermiyor..lütfen yardım edin

Quote Originally Posted by königert View Post
    merhaba benim ingilizcem derdimi anlatacak kadar iyi değil. lütfen kusuruma bakmayın. bn bu modu aynı sizin dediğiniz gibi yükledim..ilk sprict dosyasıyla aktive etmeye çalıştım modu fakat olmadı..mod managerle aktive etmeye çalışınca oyun yanıt vermiyor..lütfen yardım edin
    Here is the online translation:
    "Hello, my English is not good to tell my pain. If you look defect. I will say this mode is the same as you've installed .. I tried to activate the first mode, but did not file sprict .. managerle mode or trying to activate the game is not responding please help .."

I think there is a problem with getting it activated, as well as getting the mod manager working. I'd love to troubleshoot but there are probably language issues.

If anyone can help with this translation that would be great, as there are gaps here due to the "machine" translation.

okey my probleme is i re-install for new the game and i put the mode with the linde in the script file but no success please help me or juste a little mod with some units for ottoman
    thank you for answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzar bacha View Post
    okey my probleme is i re-install for new the game and i put the mode with the linde in the script file but no success please help me or juste a little mod with some units for ottoman
    thank you for answers
    I. First thing delete ALL the files in the scripts folder:
    C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts
    Which depends on your Windows version. This is for Win 7.

II. Next, insert the re-done script file user.script.txt with the single line,
    mod "mod_ottoman_campaign_mod_v5.pack";
    and save in unicode.

When it crashes often it is searching for files that don't exist, so clearing out the folder should help. This folder is often unaffected by reinstalling NTW.

Let me know if this works, since you will be able to see all the units in the single player skirmish, then we can see if other mods can work with it.

Praepositus

Any news q?

Hello and thanks for a great mod.

Is there any way with this mod to keep the spawning agents and the recruitable trade ships but not the extra units?

Personally i think the extra units are overpowered so i dont use them (prefer a little challenge.

But the problem is i have so many units in my recruitment tab that i cant select and create the last few units, one of which is the Nizam-Cedit Mounted Infanry and is much needed.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Hi all.. I have a problem about that mod. But I didnt find that why.. I installed Napoleon Total Factions Mod for Playable Ottoman.. Then I copied ottoman mod to data folder and edited my user.script.. I can play game but no sound.. When disable mod sound is coming. How can I solve this??
    Last edited by ckaan35; February 20, 2011 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akinci1299 View Post
    Hello and thanks for a great mod.

Is there any way with this mod to keep the spawning agents and the recruitable trade ships but not the extra units?

Personally i think the extra units are overpowered so i dont use them (prefer a little challenge.

But the problem is i have so many units in my recruitment tab that i cant select and create the last few units, one of which is the Nizam-Cedit Mounted Infanry and is much needed.

Any help would be great, thanks.
    Hi, I will write down some tips to do this in a little while.

Hi all.. I have a problem about that mod. But I didnt find that why.. I installed Napoleon Total Factions Mod for Playable Ottoman.. Then I copied ottoman mod to data folder and edited my user.script.. I can play game but no sound.. When disable mod sound is coming. How can I solve this??
    This mod has no sound files in it, so you should check the NTF mod page. I remember reading about this problem before in the NTF post.

Shea O'Gorath's Avatar Primicerius

I just installed the mod with NTF. I couldnt use the modmanager so i tried the script placed the pack but no change. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Shea O'Gorath; March 12, 2011 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Mc View Post
    I just installed the mod with NTF. I couldnt use the modmanager so i tried the script placed the pack but no change. Any ideas?
    Unicode is the text format used, and it is an option when saving in notepad. It MUST be in unicode or mods will not work. You can probably google search if you need more input on how to save in unicode.

Great Work

Ok Ive successfuly gone from no change to a crash before start but at least its progress

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Mc View Post
    Ok Ive successfuly gone from no change to a crash before start but at least its progress
    Yikes, not good progress. First just try this mod by itself; you should be able to see the units in skirmish and MP.

Then just do NTF by itself.

Then together. . .

i have found the bosnian lancers from the other ottoman mod for empire total war -> Ottoman Empire Realism Mod V. 1.3. for ETW
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=248283

YES YES YES YES i FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK
    Last edited by Shea O'Gorath; March 28, 2011 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishman92 View Post
    i have found the bosnian lancers from the other ottoman mod for empire total war -> Ottoman Empire Realism Mod V. 1.3. for ETW
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=248283
    Thanks, I have contacted them but they are reluctant to share their work just yet! Eventually (maybe) I can make this unit as a variant of other models.

YES YES YES YES i FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK
    Whew, I was begging to wonder about that. . .