Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v5 (8 May 2011): agents only mod added

Default Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v4.9 (7 Sep 2010): Organ gun, 64 lb great gun, plus more added

Quote Originally Posted by zonker View Post
    hmm,it is perfect for me and all other turkishs and ottoman empire fans but i can't run it
    how to? i am using Mod manager i select mod_ottoman_campaing_modv4_9 and press launch button but it doesn't work have a this error:
    http://yfrog.com/73adszuyp

Sorry for my bad english

And have a nice day =)
    Can you translate that? What other mods do you have running, if any? I just tested it with the mod manager and it works.

Perhaps there is a conflict in the language files? Is anyone running this on a non-english system?

Have you thought instead of Blunderbuss to use pistols and to be armed of axes is another alternative view of a sailor lol
    You can use pistols and to some cavalry units especialy those melee oriented.

For dervishes i think is better to be just a small Morale raising unit rather a Morale raising melee unit
    they accompanied armies into battle but i dont think had an active fighting role although i had read
    to be real close to battle.
    Indeed, I wanted to give them half blunderbuss, half muskets, all of them pistols, then a mix of melee weapons! But I found the blunderbusses to be just too awesome. Try fire and advance with it: all units will rout after the 3rd barrage.

Will think about dervishes and what to do with them. At least the ETW model is correct.

it's not enough...
    . . .its never enough. . .

Default Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v4.9 (7 Sep 2010): Organ gun, 64 lb great gun, plus more added

Quote Originally Posted by md1453 View Post
    Can you translate that? What other mods do you have running, if any? I just tested it with the mod manager and it works.

Perhaps there is a conflict in the language files? Is anyone running this on a non-english system?

No i have no more,i have only it.Can you tell me how to use mod manager good(with P.M please my friend ) ? i am new in this topics.
    No,i don't think so,because i played a lot of games,and i didn't have language problem.
    And i should say my NTW is unpatched,i didn't install NTW patch
    Last edited by zonker; September 09, 2010 at 02:08 PM.

No i have no more,i have only it.Can you tell me how to use mod manager good(with P.M please my friend ) ? i am new in this topics.
    No,i don't think so,because i played a lot of games,and i didn't have language problem.
    And i should say my NTW is unpatched,i didn't install NTW patch
    Did you try to edit the scripts instead? I am adding a script file, put it in your scripts folder located at:

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

for Windows 7. You must make the AppData folder visible by changing your security settings on your folder options.

Then run NTW normally without the mod manager. If that doesn't work let me know, there are some values no the new mod that aren't in the old versions of NTW.

Did you try to edit the scripts instead? I am adding a script file, put it in your scripts folder located at:

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

for Windows 7. You must make the AppData folder visible by changing your security settings on your folder options.

Then run NTW normally without the mod manager. If that doesn't work let me know, there are some values no the new mod that aren't in the old versions of NTW.
    mod "mod_ottoman_campaign_mod_v4_9.pack"; wrote in user.script.txt but i runned the game normally and it didn't work and user.script.txt's words are deleted after exiting the game.And i should say my game isn't original

And i read installation again and everything true.My user.scripts.txt's words are delete after exit the game.maybe trojan doing this :S

and if you haven't got any change you musn't do this (What a sentence )
    Last edited by zonker; September 09, 2010 at 03:15 PM.

Default [Released] BMA_Ott_Music_Mod_V1.0

To go with the Ottomans, I made a small music mod for a middle_eastern (mostly) feel.

Information may be found here: BMA_Ott_Music_Mod_V1.0

or

BMA_Ott_Music_Mod_V1.0
    Filefront - 218.35MB
    Bigotry tries to keep truth safe in its hand with a grip that kills it. - Tagore
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Santayana

mod "mod_ottoman_campaign_mod_v4_9.pack"; wrote in user.script.txt but i runned the game normally and it didn't work and user.script.txt's words are deleted after exiting the game.And i should say my game isn't original

And i read installation again and everything true.My user.scripts.txt's words are delete after exit the game.maybe trojan doing this :S

and if you haven't got any change you musn't do this (What a sentence )
    I think your problem is related to your copy of NTW. Try other mods and see.

To go with the Ottomans, I made a small music mod for a middle_eastern (mostly) feel.

Information may be found here: BMA_Ott_Music_Mod_V1.0

or

BMA_Ott_Music_Mod_V1.0
    Filefront - 218.35MB
    Interesting, I will check it out, although I have the music turned off on my game. . .

Also, we have a 3-lber horse artillery now! It'll be in next update, maybe in tier 5 artillery building? Any suggestions

I think your problem is related to your copy of NTW. Try other mods and see.
    Okey,thanks for everything good luck,have nice days

If you are done with the Ottomans (if ever... ) could you have a look at the Crimean Khanate faction in the game? I think their units are woefully inacurate. While there are probably not many historical resources on the net because the Khanate ceased to exist before the Napoleonic wars, a reestablished Khanate would probably have a mix of Russian and mainly Ottoman style units. The Tartars for example fit very well there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    If you are done with the Ottomans (if ever... ) could you have a look at the Crimean Khanate faction in the game? I think their units are woefully inacurate. While there are probably not many historical resources on the net because the Khanate ceased to exist before the Napoleonic wars, a reestablished Khanate would probably have a mix of Russian and mainly Ottoman style units. The Tartars for example fit very well there.
    That wold be relatively easy, just add them to allowed factions for certain units. I noticed early that their uniforms were very euro which seemed unlikely to me, but wasn't planning on playing them in a campaign so didn't pay attention. Really it seems like a good idea!

Not sure this change would fit in an Ottomans unit pack, but if you want you can add the permissions for some to TROM2 for a short term solution. Perhaps eventually we can look into them for a vanilla pack.

Praepositus

That wold be relatively easy, just add them to allowed factions for certain units. I noticed early that their uniforms were very euro which seemed unlikely to me, but wasn't planning on playing them in a campaign so didn't pay attention. Really it seems like a good idea!

Not sure this change would fit in an Ottomans unit pack, but if you want you can add the permissions for some to TROM2 for a short term solution. Perhaps eventually we can look into them for a vanilla pack.

You can do easily 2-3 units

Using even some of those you already made

after all clothes are pretty similar. \

I wonder what are you evil plans for the horse archer? unit

Quote Originally Posted by jo the greek View Post
    You can do easily 2-3 units

Using even some of those you already made

after all clothes are pretty similar. \

I wonder what are you evil plans for the horse archer? unit
    Mostly a green coat of paint. Its rather difficult to edit more without modeling tools and skills, which I haven't got. They are pretty awesome though, set them behind the lines and the arrows arc into the enemy. And the Solaks are even better, good in melee too. I like them both. Should correct that uniform, because the current uniform looks exactly like the officer uniform. Still, I like it though. . .

Praepositus

Mostly a green coat of paint. Its rather difficult to edit more without modeling tools and skills, which I haven't got. They are pretty awesome though, set them behind the lines and the arrows arc into the enemy. And the Solaks are even better, good in melee too. I like them both. Should correct that uniform, because the current uniform looks exactly like the officer uniform. Still, I like it though. . .
    yes that why someone wants archers behind hills woods can real damaga with no casualty

Praepositus

Quite simalere eeeh

Archers vs rank by rank British fire power.....hmmmm that will be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by jo the greek View Post

Quite simalere eeeh
    Hmm, that is great. Just the hat, but that can't be edited easily. I'm glad, because I liked the pattern and I knew the officers wore that at one point . .

Default Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v5 (12 Sep 2010): 3-lber Horse arty, Organ gun, 64 lb great gun, plus naval added

Okay, 3-lber horse arty added. Gave it 6lber stats for now until I decide what 3lber stats should be. . .

Also, fixed the standard bearers, etc with ETW musician/standard bearer. Think they're better now:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Also added some color and variety to the Provincial Sipahi:

Praepositus

Default Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v5 (12 Sep 2010): 3-lber Horse arty, Organ gun, 64 lb great gun, plus naval added

Ohh cool with the SIpahis much better i think

Yeh the Sipahis are lookin much better! nice work! Can i add the updates to the eue pack you gave me? or will i lose the eue units?

All units are there, no worries just use the new update.

i saw archers!!!!

could you kindly tell me how to create archers into mine game??!! please
    had been trying to mod them in for a while...