Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v5 (8 May 2011): agents only mod added

Default Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v5 (3 May 2011): agents only mod added

Quote Originally Posted by b52 View Post
    YES , it works finaly! i tried for 3 days... but there is a problem.. the unit names don't show up ? how can i fix it ? i did check the upc thing but it doesnt work.. it says it is a movie file but it is a pack file.

also i keep having problems with the userscripts i just can figure it out well.. can't you upload the userscript file ?
    You must put the UPC in the data folder as per the instructions on the first post. Don't add the UPC to the scripts though as this will crash the game.

Glad you got it to work.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v5 (8 May 2011): agents only mod added

PICTURES: Some Ottomans for you to make.

Default Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v5 (8 May 2011): agents only mod added

I just want to ask... i downloaded the file and unpack into data folder but i didnt see new units. whats the problem. Sorry for bad english.

Hi md 1453, I installed your mod using the manual method; the method where i had to edit the userscript. Unfortunately, not only did the mod not work, the game had no sound. Now i managed to recover the situation by reverting my userscript. Did I do something wrong? Please help me, I really want to try this mod.

Shea O'Gorath's Avatar Primicerius

The sound problem for me is caused when i remove a mod
    but don't remove the line from the userscript.
    Hope that helps

Also could you post exactly what is wrote in your userscript?

Hi Andy Mc. Sorry for the late reply. My userscript is currently empty. I had previously uninstalled the Total Factions mod because it just doesn't work on my NTW. Could that be the problem? As for what I typed into the userscript, I type exactly as what the instruction says: mod "mod_ottoman_campaign_mod_v5.pack"; for the 'normal' ottoman mod. Once that didn't work I tried copying the name of the file and paste it in the "" part of the code. But it still produces the same result. Thanks for helping me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmtruppen View Post
    Hi Andy Mc. Sorry for the late reply. My userscript is currently empty. I had previously uninstalled the Total Factions mod because it just doesn't work on my NTW. Could that be the problem? As for what I typed into the userscript, I type exactly as what the instruction says: mod "mod_ottoman_campaign_mod_v5.pack"; for the 'normal' ottoman mod. Once that didn't work I tried copying the name of the file and paste it in the "" part of the code. But it still produces the same result. Thanks for helping me out.
    NTF should work, did you verify the cache on your version of NTW? This may be part of the issue.

Hmm, how do I verify the cache for my version of NTW? Sorry, Im not a modder so I am not very familiar with these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmtruppen View Post
    Hmm, how do I verify the cache for my version of NTW? Sorry, Im not a modder so I am not very familiar with these things.
    Its in Steam. It is fairly straightforward to do. Right click on the game in your Steam account, click on Properties, then go to Local Files and then click Verify Game cache.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

is it compatible with art of war battle mechanics?

Quote Originally Posted by karaislam View Post
    is it compatible with art of war battle mechanics?
    I am not sure what he has changed. Give it a try and see. It all depends on what the mod changes (weapons tables, etc).

hi all, i don't know if i am posting on the right place but, i downloaded and added the UPC to the data folder but i still cant see any unit names, and yes i tried looking for the language packs from other mods but i haven't found any yet, please tell me if there is any other way around it,

Edit: never mind people found a way to solve the prob.
    Last edited by asif; November 17, 2011 at 10:36 AM.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

what is the diffirence between nizam i cedid and sekban i cedid?

matmohair1's Avatar Domesticus

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by money View Post
    what is the diffirence between nizam i cedid and sekban i cedid?
    Effectively nothing.

The Nizam i Cedid (new order) troops were trained in the European style. In an attempt to attract as little attention as possible they were attached to the old established "Bostani-i-yani Hassa" (apologies for lack of accents etc to the letters) as its infantry-rifle branch, the "Bostani Tufenkicisi" (Bostani riflemen). The Bostaniyan (or gardeners), also known as Bostanci were watchmen and guards for the pavilions in the Top Kapi Saray Palace grounds and at many gates and walls of the palace - they also provided personal guardians for the Sultan.

The Segban i Cedit (also trained in the European manner)to avoid resistance from the Janissaries were made part of the old order, attached to the kapikuli army, after the extinct Segban (keepers of the hounds) corps, an affiliate of the Janissaries, becoming the new Segbans (Segban-i Cedit).

Adapted from "The Origins of Ottoman Military Reform: The Nizam-i-Cedid Army of Selim III" by J A Shaw & "History of the Ottoman Empire and Modern Turkey - Volume 2"
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Decanus

Icon6 Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v5 (8 May 2011): agents only mod added

First of all, thanks and Rep to the creator of this awesome mod. Itīs really great to have such a roster of Ottoman units. But now, the little problem: The Camel Warriors and the Camel Gunners both have exactly the same red uniform, while in the icons and even in the Egypt Campaign the Camel Warrior got white uniforms, and the Camel Gunners a dark green one. Iīve tried by every mean i know to change the colour of these couple of units in order to give them the correct uniformīs colours, but nothing changed at all. Iīm really sad, itīs strange since iīm always capable of changing uniforms, colours and all that using PFM but this time things are not working. Even when i clone both units directly from Patch 4 where they have their original colours, they still appearing in red uniforms! Perhaps a good forumer or one of our grand modders from this community can help me.
    Thank you all in advance!
    Last edited by lordargento; January 30, 2012 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordargento View Post
    First of all, thanks and Rep to the creator of these awesome mod. Itīs really great to have such a roster of Ottoman units. But now, the little problem: The Cammel Warriors and the Cammel Gunners both have exactly the same red uniform, while in the icons and even in the Egypt Campaign the Cammel Warrior got white uniforms, and the Cammel Gunners a dark green one. Iīve tried by every mean i know to change the colour of these couple of units in order to give them the correct uniformīs colours, but nothing changed at all. Iīm really sad, itīs strange since iīm always capable of changing uniforms, colours and all that using PFM but this time things are not working. Even when i clone both units directly from Patch 4 where they have their original colours, they still appearing in red uniforms! Perhaps a good forumer or one of our grand modders from this community can help me.
    Thank you all in advance!
    Yes, usually the color issues occur when the faction names don't match up. It has been a while but I think this is the case. Are they okay in the Grand Campaign, but the wrong color in the Egypt campaign?

Decanus

Icon7 Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v5 (8 May 2011): agents only mod added

Hi MD, you are a great creator!!. I love your mod, and of course thanks for answering my question. And now answering to your question, i must say no, itīs the other way around. Both units appear with the wrong red uniforms in the Grand Campaign (and in custom battles) but they appear with their correct uniforms (white for cammel warriors and dark green for cammel gunners) in the Egypt Campaign. Itīs really strange, iīve never faced this kind of problem.
    Thank you once again for answering and helping me. Hope you can enlighten me since iīm a begginer and perhaps iīm commiting a mistake and for that reason i do not find a way to change the uniforms.

What's happening is its taking on the default color for the Ottoman faction. You need to double check to make sure the names match on the two places in the pack file. It is "uniform tables" and "uniform to faction colors tables". This is a perfect tutorial: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=428578

Decanus

Icon6 Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v5 (8 May 2011): agents only mod added

Hum.. i understood what you had said. I have analysed both "DB-Uniforms Colors Tables and Uniform Tables" and i did not find anything wrong in them (everything seems to be matching). Nevertheless, on Monday once i return back home iīll take another more attent look to both files. Iīm sure your diagnosis is correct, it seems that they take the red colour of the uniform from the other Ottoman unit named Shaturnal Cammels (colour in common with other various units from this great faction).
    On Monday iīll tell you if i could finally solve this little problem. Thanks for being a gentleman and taking this time to read my posts and answering them.
    Thank you very much!.