Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 328434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1418

Thread: Avatar: The legend of Korra

Miles

Default Re: Avatar: The legend of Korra

Quote Originally Posted by flota View Post
    One on one, he could have beaten easily the lava guy and ming hua, combustion girl I don't know.
    And he was matched with zaheer
    Throughout the entire fight, Zaheer was on his backfoot, so I would say he was losing throughout the fight. However, it could be argued that Zaheer was the better Airbender since he spent most of the time avoiding Tenzin's attacks, and since Tenzin was unwilling to surrender (which is very un-Airian of him.)

Tenzin was buying time, since he knew that he and his siblings couldn't win.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

So I just watched the finale, and I gotta say I have never seen animation done so beautifully in a tv show. It's been amazing throughout this season, but I'm glad they saved the best for last. My jaw was on the floor during that 'dogfight' between Korra and Zaheer.

Ehm the new episodes of Legend of Korra got leaked (again!!! unfreaken believable)

so ignore everything I said.

Spoiler for ignore till you watch the episodes

So season 4 is going to be interesting

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    and we all know that metal bending captain
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

is a red lotus (duh) I wonder how she will play

a role in the next season and Mako lighting bends

once again.... um quick question I thought electricity

couldn't be conducted in water unless it was salt

water or something... or am I ing stupid?

well it was a good season overall
    Last edited by Spartan999; August 22, 2014 at 10:55 AM.

Miles

That episode was leaked? Well I guess that explains how I was watching it at 7pm Eastern Australian time, instead of the usual 7pm Eastern Standard Time. I thought Nickleodeon was being unusually generous to us Australians.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Jesus Christ, it' like people don't want the show to succeed.

I was also not aware I was watching a leak. Pretty messed up.

Brilliant plotting by the writers.

Spoileeeeeeeeeers:

Man I hate Zaheer with a pasion. I loved Amon, and thought little of Unalaq, but this whole anarchist, leaving all material things, Zen bull**** is driving me up the wall. I don't hate the writing mind, I hate the character.

I don't think they are going to do the Napoleonic war thing anymore, since now they have 2 unresolved plotlines, but I was sort of hoping to see his plan backfire with another makeshift Sozin, coming out of the Earth Kingdom Revolution, and just making a whole battle of the titans mess, ala Iraq 2014. Top finale, this season has been on par or surpassed in quite a few ways the original ATLA, and leaves me with a sad sense of what could have been for Season 1 and Amon.

Also, man, what the **** guys, I remember when taking somebody out in a cartoon was shorthand for fainting him or locking them up. I have to imagine what would have happened if the writing team just outright made this on HBO.

EDIT: I think now is the chance for the Equalist movement to be revived again, sure it lost credability after Amon, but after all that has happened thanks to the Avatar and other benders in the last 2 seasons, I would love them to take a second wind in the Ba Sing Se revolution.
    Hell I hope they put a whole mishmash of factions in their now that they can:
    The Red Lotus fugitives and Zaheer, The Equalists, Royalists and the Earth Kingdom highclass, Anarchists, Constitutionalists, and hell, why not? Communists and Nationalists. I really want everything to go to .
    Last edited by saxdude; August 22, 2014 at 04:03 PM.

flota's Avatar Tiro

I want the fire nation to mobilize their army again, that would put them at odds with everyone
    Imposible is Nothing.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

What was the deal with the Metal Bending captain? Kinda made her seem important

Anyways it didn't quite seem like an ending, somethings not right with Korra mentally, but I guess it can be attributed to her almost dying.

Bahahah@ Combustion lady; her head exploded

Absolutely top class episode. Some great fighting (Korra is now the Dragon of the South...pole that it ), great animation, and great soundtrack. And man, seeing Korra that beaten up at the end was really rough. Here's to a great season 4.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    Also, man, what the **** guys, I remember when taking somebody out in a cartoon was shorthand for fainting him or locking them up. I have to imagine what would have happened if the writing team just outright made this on HBO.
    I'm glad they didn't kill off the main villain this series, they have already killed off the respective villains of the first two seasons. Besides, death is so final while life is full of possibilities.

I am betting that the magma-bender survived the final battle. Remember when he said "If I am going down, I am taking you with me"? Well the folk he was talking to didn't end up going down in the end, so then logically he must of survived.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Great season. Most people probably won't agree but I think this has been the best season of any Avatar show.

Anyway, I didn't know that it leaked, but if people like the show and watched the leaked version they should watch it again on the official website just to give them the traffic and support. Korra will probably end after season 4 but if there's enough support then perhaps there's a chance for another Avatar show eventually.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

[–]EnglishMobster 73 points 8 hours ago*
    There were a few reasons.
    1. Demographics.

Nick appeals to younger kids who are parked in front of a television for a few hours by their parents. Aang was a young boy, and Nick knew its core audience of young boys would identify with him. However, the executives at Nick were unsure that kids were able to identify with a girl in her late teens -- and they were largely proven correct when the show proved to be a runaway hit with young adults and people in their late teens. This isn't Nick's core demographic, and it's not the demographic their advertisers want.
    Nick was always uncomfortable with Korra because the demographics for it were so different, but they tolerated it because of how high the ratings were. As that demographic started moving online, ratings started to slip and Nick saw less and less reason to keep it on their TV channel.
    2. Story and Themes

Korra has never really fit with the rest of Nick's programming plot-wise, either. Nick signed on for a fun kid's show with Avatar: The Last Airbender and got a show heavily based on story. They tolerated The Last Airbender because it had a lot of one-shot filler episodes, the story was simple ("I need to learn bending and stop the Fire Nation") and it was goofy enough that kids would watch it. While Korra still has some comedy, as a whole it's more serious, more story-driven, and has a lot of mature themes.
    Additionally, Korra's story has no overreaching arc -- Aang always knew he had to take down the Fire Lord, while Korra has no singular goal to work toward. Young kids have no appreciation of a complex story, and their attention drops quickly unless there a goal they can easily understand when watching any given episode. Episode-long goals (Spongebob, Fairly OddParents) and series-long goals (The Last Airbender) are easy for them to understand. When understanding a main character's goal requires context, it becomes more difficult for the kids to enjoy since they would have to watch a lot more just to understand why there are more airbenders all over the place and how they got there.
    Additionally, there was a risk of parents getting upset at the mature themes (especially in Korra -- season one had a character considering suicide, while this most recent season had fairly graphic onscreen death). If a parent took objection to seeing this on Nick, they would be more likely to have their kid watch a competitor's channel -- bad news for Nick.
    In addition, because Korra and The Last Airbender were so story-driven, reruns didn't get very good ratings unless they were aired sequentially. Nobody wanted to watch a single episode with no context, so a half-hour long show had to be shown in blocks of at least an hour (running the risk of those with short attention spans becoming bored).
    Meanwhile, shows with no context like Spongebob could be shown in half an hour. Nick knew how many ratings a Spongebob rerun was going to bring in, while Korra's ratings constantly fluctuated and couldn't be marketed to advertisers.
    3. The Leak

Nick was taken by surprise by the Korra leak and thought it would be best to get it "in the wild" as soon as possible rather than wait and lose ratings due to people watching the leak instead of the version on television.
    Nick started showing the new episodes as soon as it could, but didn't advertise it was showing new Korra and moved the timeslot around a lot, since it wasn't expecting to start airing new episodes of something and had to squeeze it into their schedule.
    Now, nobody was aware of when the new episodes were airing, and quite a few didn't even know that there were new episodes. This led to a severe drop in ratings for the show and a huge spike in online viewers, since that was where people knew they could watch the show. With nobody watching it on the TV channel, Nick decided enough was enough and dropped it entirely. The only reason why there's a season 4 at all is because it's already been paid for and put into production.
    tl;dr: Nick decided that Korra gave them unreliable ratings and that it could get better ratings by replacing Korra with something else. It moved the show to online-only (since that's where most of the viewers were anyway) and freed up timeslots for something which actually appealed to their advertisers and core audience (like Spongebob reruns).

I hope Nick dies off, you spongebob.

Great season. Most people probably won't agree but I think this has been the best season of any Avatar show.
    No, hand down the best season of "Avatar", Season one takes the cake for me though, because of Amon and the equalist, it did almost everything right except the final 10 minutes.
    Last edited by saxdude; August 24, 2014 at 11:57 AM.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ShADoW View Post
    Bahahah@ Combustion lady; her head exploded
    That was pretty freakin' brutal.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

So I found out that the Metal bending captain voice actress is Zelda William

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0931958/

that is why she had that little moment in the finale

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan999 View Post
    So I found out that the Metal bending captain voice actress is Zelda William

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0931958/

that is why she had that little moment in the finale
    Are you saying you think she wouldn't have had that moment in an animated show that was finished months ago if her father hadn't died two weeks ago?
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Are you saying you think she wouldn't have had that moment in an animated show that was finished months ago if her father hadn't died two weeks ago?
    I should have worded that part a little better. I just felt that one particular scene where she says her

with the dramatic music seemed kind of out of place and thought this was the reason

for like a good 10 min......