Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 26414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1418

Thread: Avatar: The legend of Korra

Default Re: Avatar: The legend of Korra

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post

they could have thrown a tyrannical earth kingdom and these assassins to boot, I also agree with Spartan... why in the would you go after the people trying to kidnap you.
    its just not logical...
    Korra is consistently portrayed as a hotheaded easy to rile woman who always thinks she has to personally solve everything. So yeah, it might be stupid but it is a consistent reaction, particularly since Zaheer made her feel weak and vulnerable. I kind of like this kind of reversal of expectation. She behaves more like a teenage boy hero. It's also a big contrast to Aang, I presume.

And they fought the band to a standstill although being completely surprised and with korra incapacitated. Not sure if it is an unreasonable if simple expectation that they plus Korra can take them.
    Last edited by Mangalore; August 03, 2014 at 06:21 AM.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Well, that got breathtakingly dark quickly
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

^
    I mean I knew something like this would happen but I didn't

expect it to be something like this

and we only have 3 more episode left.....

For years I've been saying Airs is the best power, you could literally suck the air out of someone. AND WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!?!! BOOM!!! Years of teenage geekness vindicated! That was a great episode.

Miles

When I saw that wall of Ba Sing Sei come crumbling down, I think we all thought the same question: What will become of Ba Sing Sei's public transport system?

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Do we need spoilers for an episode that has already aired? Has it not aired everywhere yet?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    For years I've been saying Airs is the best power, you could literally suck the air out of someone. AND WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!?!! BOOM!!! Years of teenage geekness vindicated! That was a great episode.

Well yes you can do that, but it's not a nearly unstoppable move like blood bending. You can still fight back, if you can break the bender's concentration before you black out then you can still defeat him.

And humans in Avatar seem to take longer to die from suffocation than humans on Earth, because the show doesn't treat everyone totally trapped in ice like they are about to die immediately
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

You didn't hear about the fact that episode 10 got leaked (in English)?

It was around Thursday (NOTE: I have no clue what time the episodes

air)

Citizen

Sure, but Episode 10 aired normally on Friday, so it was only leaked a day early and by today we have already passed the actual release.

As far as I know the actual release time is around noon EST (4 pm UTC) on Fridays
    Last edited by the_mango55; August 09, 2014 at 11:59 AM.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Well, that got breathtakingly dark quickly
    That was brutal, it left me breathless

Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Well that was quite... shocking

I don't see much room for Maury Povich paternal surprises.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Sure, but Episode 10 aired normally on Friday, so it was only leaked a day early and by today we have already passed the actual release.

As far as I know the actual release time is around noon EST (4 pm UTC) on Fridays
    You don't know?
    Due to the low viewer turn out for episode 9 (less than 3 Million, I hear), Nickleodeon will no longer be airing future episodes of Legend of Korra. If only Nickleodeon was actually competent in promoting the time of day their shows aired, and could maintain a consistent timeslot such ratings may have been different.

Game of Avatars on HBO.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Army Cheese View Post
    You don't know?
    Due to the low viewer turn out for episode 9 (less than 3 Million, I hear), Nickleodeon will no longer be airing future episodes of Legend of Korra. If only Nickleodeon was actually competent in promoting the time of day their shows aired, and could maintain a consistent timeslot such ratings may have been different.
    By "aired" I mean posted online. Nickelodeon is posting new episodes on their webside on Fridays. They were getting many times more views digitally than they were with the live broadcast so they just cut the show from the channel and went full digital distribution.

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/lege...l-episode.html

Found this pic online, "If the show still aired on Nick"
    Last edited by the_mango55; August 10, 2014 at 07:34 AM.
    ttt

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    By "aired" I mean posted online. Nickelodeon is posting new episodes on their webside on Fridays. They were getting many times more views digitally than they were with the live broadcast so they just cut the show from the channel and went full digital distribution.

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/lege...l-episode.html

Found this pic online, "If the show still aired on Nick"
    Well as an Australian, I wouldn't know whether any of the episodes has been uploaded onto Nickleodeon's digital website, since those that live outside of the United States north of Mexico are unable to watch stuff on said site.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

ATLA was so much better than this but still keep watching because the art is great.

Spoilers:

I hope Zaheer sticks to the whole radical anarchist movement thing to the very end.

I am rather curious as to what is supposed to happen to the Earth Kingdom royal lineage? I mean it is a 50 generations old empire, and I doubt it lasted as long, in all it's decadent or glorious moments, with just the one King and the one heir. I get that in the Hundred Year War, King Kuei was a little boy, with his fathers and all his brothers being killed in combat, or that Hou-Ting killed her brothers and sisters or whatever, but did she not think of having a heir of her own? Will the Earth Kingdom Empire finally collapse into a bunch of self governing nations and states? Will it become a constitutional/parliamentarian democracy? If they are going to try to push a "democracy is so very good" plot point then where will it leave the current Fire Lord and Water chieftains? Will a Napoleonic type person come out of the Earth Kingdom revolution to counter Zaheers Robespierre like extremism?

If it even answers half of those questions, in this season or the next, the show will deserve a standing ovation on my part.

ATLA was so much better than this but still keep watching because the art is great.
    It was good but not to deep, just a few hidden layers that made it a pretty mature show. Korra on the other hand is pretty much an animated PG-13 Game of Thrones (for lack of a better show that is set in some revolutionary period), that has not surpassed its predeccesor in quality because Nicelodeon is run by idiots.

TO be honest though? Does anyone feel these seasons have been ordered poorly?
    I felt:
    Season 2 should have been season 1 with undertones of the other 2 seasons.
    Season 3 should have been season 2 with bigger undertones of season 1.
    Season 3 should have been a mix of seasons 1 and 3, and a fight for power between Amon and Zaheer.
    Honestly Amon always felt like the "final season villian", he is the great equalizer, complete counterthesis to Korra and the Avatar, and a force of change even more definitive and brutal than Zaheer or Unalaq to the Avatar world.
    Last edited by saxdude; August 11, 2014 at 01:26 PM.

Season One seemed rushed, the writers trying to come up with a sequel for an audience that grew older with the original series.

I think if Nick had greenlit three full seasons from the get go, instead of half assing their franchise and screwing over the writers, it would have been quite better than the original series. I mean in a lot of aspects it already is, but in a few fundamental parts it failed hard (rushed scripts and all), and I can't help but feel it's pretty much all on Nick.

I think it's a general trend throughout the industry.

Consider the ten-ninety deals: a TV series gets greenlit for a ten episode initial run. and if it succeeds in a number of set targets, gets the go ahead for a ninety episode run (or is it hundred, I forget).

It's a risk averse strategy, though I find their lack of faith in this franchise disturbing.