Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 631464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1418

Thread: Avatar: The legend of Korra

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Default Re: Avatar: The legend of Korra

Damn, I'm going to be sad when it's all over. I'm kinda hoping that this last season is more than 13 episodes

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

The lore in Avatar is pretty awesome. I hope it continues in some capacity.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

If they get it out of Nick's hands I have hopes some sort of EU will pop up around it.

Going by the timelines, their next setting could be Mad Men sixties.

Maybe Shyamalan can be persuaded to make another Avatar movie to tide us over.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

The one thing that put me off about Legend of Korra was that I felt it took away from the Last Airbender. It would have been awesome to see all the things that happen after the show ended and the adventures of older Ang.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Probably anti-climatic.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Oda there are comics that tells some stories of ATLA.

Something about his mother and creation of Republic city.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    Zhu Li will definitely be doing the thing.

And Korra with short hair...hell a ton of people with short hair. And everyone wears green.

AND THREE YEARS AFTER SEASON 3.

My hopes are high.

Seems it has a certain ww2 vibe aka China during the Warlords reign before ww2 due to the Earth kingdom being without a central government? At least there seems to be some war going on though it's not quite clear what sides. They all seem Earth kingdom associated (Earth benders, metal benders, ...)
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan999 View Post
    Oda there are comics that tells some stories of ATLA.

Something about his mother and creation of Republic city.
    That's true. But I would much rather watch it as a show than read comics. Not much of a comic book person myself and only recently started reading certain Manga. If the option and quality is there to watch rather than read I have to go with that.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

more clips from legend of Korra

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Looks good, looking forward to friday.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Nice, not what I expected to come from the revolution, but better than shoehorning democracy into the Earth Kingdom.

I expected the French Revolution out of this

Well hopefully the brat prince learns how to lower his ego.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ☩Lord Inquisitor Derpy Hooves☩ View Post
    Damn, I'm going to be sad when it's all over. I'm kinda hoping that this last season is more than 13 episodes
    Sadly it isn't. But all told the entire series will be 52 episodes. Considering it was originally one season, then two, then four, I would say we did alright in the end. It's still shorter than The Last Airbender though.

I really want to know what happened between the creators and Nick that made this happen. First the release of Season 3 is bungled and then we get two seasons in one year. Something happened because this is just strange.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

It didn't matter how many episodes where made, what mattered is that Nick should have known from the head start.

Sadly it will only be 13 episodes, but it will be 13 great, non rushed episodes.

Protector Domesticus

Good first episode, hopefully they stick to the theme that they are going with.

Patrician

I saw season 3 but it left me with questions about season 4.
    Like is Lin's sister secretly making a metal army? I mean Varric is making magnet armour or some crap, which I'm sure will be the proto type for those mech suits and used magnets would be the way to fire projectiles from them. Also she is clearly anti Earth Queen and said to bring back the truth seeker guy to her... why would she do that unless she doesn't want him to say what the Metal Benders are doing? Also in the season four trailers it shows that one Metal Bender girl leading that army and they have the Earth Kingdom symbol but all metal. Yeah I think there's a lot more going on here.

Hard to imagine that the Metal Benders could take on the world I mean if Republic City and the Fire Nation got together with both Water tribes I'm sure the Earth benders would be toast.

I did not even know fourth season was coming so soon but hell I am not complaining!
    Loved the episode!

there is a certain TW style thing going on with each region being reunited though...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I don't get why that 'great uniter' would put hard conditions on the new states right from the beginning instead of doing it slowly... if she does it slowly less people complain and prone to rebel when the opportunity arises

also bonus points to the show for the air benders in spandex suits... a lot of plot going on there for sure...

I think the suit is a rip off version of Zaheer going superman

But yeah I agree Kuvira should have tried to show herself more as a savior

then a dictator

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan999 View Post
    I think the suit is a rip off version of Zaheer going superman

But yeah I agree Kuvira should have tried to show herself more as a savior

then a dictator
    if she did it slow then we would need 26 episodes which would be GRRM style kind of story telling.
    But there are kids watching this show so they need to see their bad guy from episode 1 or they get bored.
    Though I must commend them on one thing.

you have a military dictator and a snobby fool that can't lead his way out of a box much less a kingdom (though it should be called an empire at this point)