Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: V1-V3 Sycorax Nation Fan Thread

Default V1-V3 Sycorax Nation Fan Thread

Hey guys its me again, the ealdor beowulf

just wanna open a new thread for fans of the glorius Sycorax Nation, who can discuss the good and bad things aobut them...but especially the good things

i cant be a great part of the discussions within this thread for now, because my actual project "Wotan Campaign" in the Fan-Thread keeps me busy. but i promise to make the same for the sycorax and later maybe for the kukulcan.

reason is simple: i like the meso-pre-feudal cultures, because they have different gameplay than the others and they are non-christian

Well lets get back to topic:

I think the sycorax are great because they are mostly like the native americans of north amerika, specially the mohawk, sioux etc. i like these cultures. their religion is also more for me than christianity.

And most important is the fact, that the Sycorax are the best meso-faction in gameplay, units and warfare than paynal and kukulcan. the best bonus is that they have earliest gunpowder units and horses. and dont forget the better speed of all units than the feudal and chivalric units.

and its lots of fun to conquer the lepana and mesocala continent and than invade the christians

Here the stats:

+native northern american culture
    +nature-based religion
    +only meso-faction with gunpowder and horses
    +cool units with good speed, stamina and attack and defence stats
    +good all around mix of units
    +great population growth
    +good financial beginning

-gameplay gets difficult in late game against full armored knights
    -war against kukulcan and paynal can be very hard and often takes lots of time and patience
    -the starting region to the south is not so usefull
    -valhalla to the east can be annoying from the start

well that is my oppinion, lets see about the others

Daraunon's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Sycorax Nation Fan Thread

I like the lore behind this faction,even if i would never(probably) play as them -it just irks me to see my troops die in droves when facing far superior enemies,and the american factions here give me that feeling-
    I'm looking forward to your opinion about them,especially about the Kukulcans

The Sycorax usually end up owning the others in the north west,becoming one of the major powers in the world,even if sometimes they seem to hesitate in making war with the Privateers,so trying to emulate that would prove to be a good challenge(there's a lot of people there )

hm that would be an interessting target in my next campaign project, after i finished or aborted the wotan campaign.

i never fought against the privateers nor faustian as the sycorax in custom battles. i guess that will be a hard nut to crack.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I have a suggestion that could better represent the Lanapa tribes being seperated into smaller groups. How about we make each settlement(s)/region represent a different tribe? One region could be dedicated to Kwahu, another to the Mammuc, one to the Horse, and the last to Thunder (aka Guns). It would provide a greater sense of seperation and it would be a unique experience to have to conquer other tribes to gain use of their technology.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

These kind of concepts are great for the player, but screws the AI, as it simply isnt clever enough. That then means lots of ugly scripting to fix that which leads to unstabilty as the AI brain farts through the scripts. If players wish to do that they are best imposing houserules on themselves and rpg'ing them.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

/necro this thread

My small fledgling Sycorax Kingdom. The War Gods are demanding that I bring strife to the savage Kukulcan people.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Haven't had to make war against any western armies yet. Although taking a rebel settlement in the North I did encounter some heavily armored Norse-men. I was able to defeat thanks to the superior range of some missile troops I had in my command.

Was tempted to pick the Paynal people's as their crest has the art stylings of the tribes of the Pacific North-West tribes. I grew up in the Seattle area of Washington, but I chose the Sycorax purely for their cavalry troops, and technology abilities (footmen with guns and HA's with guns so far).
    Last edited by ZarBoneD; February 01, 2011 at 11:54 PM.
    "Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion"
    -Scottish Proverb
    Media Arts & Animation Major at the Art Institute.

Enjoy your campaign,the Sycorax are a pretty unique faction,and have a peculiar way of fighting. And you have a lot of different kinds of enemies within arm's reach.

Quote Originally Posted by ZarBoneD View Post
    My small fledgling Sycorax Kingdom. The War Gods are demanding that I bring strife to the savage Kukulcan people.
    I see. My War Gods always tell me the same...

Hello ZarBoneD,

Good to see players using the Sycorax, I love this faction. Certainly my favourite meso faction and in my top three fav's of all the factions,

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

I am definitely making quick work of the Kukulcan, but two 9 command generals are going to make the last battles difficult.

I have a question about chanting units. Do they still count as "chanting" when fighting with their special ability set to "on"? I noticed the sounds stops when they are fighting, so I was just curious if this effected the buffs in anyway.
    -Scottish Proverb

Townie's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by ZarBoneD View Post
    I am definitely making quick work of the Kukulcan, but two 9 command generals are going to make the last battles difficult.

I have a question about chanting units. Do they still count as "chanting" when fighting with their special ability set to "on"? I noticed the sounds stops when they are fighting, so I was just curious if this effected the buffs in anyway.
    I have the same question. I wonder...

I believe it most certainly stays on, after doing some fighting with the ability on and off. Also I think have multiple units in a army and in close proximity on the battle map the effect stack slightly. Spreading them out to cover a larger area is great for field engagements.

Dracule invaded one of my coastal settlements so now I am invading their Island. Very different battle styles from fighting Meso vs Meso. I Caught one of their invading army stacks in a valley. Using the Kiotsenko to overwhelm the majority of advancing infantry trying to cross this bowl-valley, with Horse archers and Mounted Thunder Braves, I was able to dwindle their numbers down enough to break their lines with a charge.

Edit Question: The mounted dog soldiers, I was sort of thinking shouldn't the Kiotsenko with long range missiles be mounted since they are described as the "elite" dog soldiers. Or was the reduced range for balancing purposes?
    Last edited by ZarBoneD; February 04, 2011 at 09:48 PM.
    -Scottish Proverb

Zetsumei's Avatar Laetus

Hello, fellow Sycorax fans!!! These past couple weeks, I've been conquering the Lenapa as the Sycorax, as well as kicking the Men of Valhalla out of the continent. I have also been trying to come up with a good plot for a Sycorax AAR. After much thought, I scripted quite a bit of dialogue and plot elements, and eventually came up with my current idea. So, if you guys are interested, I've started a Sycorax AAR called A Clear Sky for the New Eagle. It starts a few turns after the initial beginning of the game, but I figured that it was the probably for the best, since it'd be boring to watch someone conquer rebel settlements for a while. This is my first actual AAR ever, so let me know what you think (and being honest is best, even to the extent of being extremely cruel. If that's what the majority thinks, I'll stop).

Citizen

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is allowed to be used, but I found this Mammoth in a mod I've had for a few years (I did NOT make it):

Please ignore the Teddy Bears

If they can be used, they'd be a great replacement for the current Mammucs, correct?

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Hello,

I'm not sure if this is allowed to be used, but I found this Mammoth in a mod I've had for a few years (I did NOT make it):

Please ignore the Teddy Bears

If they can be used, they'd be a great replacement for the current Mammucs, correct?
    Wow, those WOULD be a great replacement!
    ...So now would you like to explain the teddy bear mate? xD

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War

1) That's Rome:TW

2) Those mammuths are epic

3) I want those teddy bears. ASAP

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Daraunon View Post
    1) That's Rome:TW

2) Those mammuths are epic

3) I want those teddy bears. ASAP
    Actually, it's not RTW. It's Medieval 2

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Actually, it's not RTW. It's Medieval 2
    Anyway, the teddy's awesome!

Darn,I could have sworn that those were germanic warriors from Rome:TW...oh well.

I actually have a new mammuc model for V4 , but it is not as good as that one. WHo is the creator ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast