Thread: HOI2 - 1914 mod

Default HOI2 - 1914 mod

Did anyone here play the 1914 mod for Hearts of Iron 2?

http://1914mod.wordpress.com/about/

I really enjoyed this mod as it turned HOI2 into a WW1 period game; i love the time period

Just mentioning it because

A: similar content to this mod
    b: There's a lot of content here which would be of use to this mod

Much of the tech tree, generals, flags, events,units in the 1914 mod would be applicable to this mod.

I'm not saying 'go out and copy 1914 mod', but rather that as a reference source it could be extremely useful. Hours of research from the mod community went into that game. Those resources are as far as I am aware publicly available.

It may save many hours of research and help answer some questions to use some of the information there. From memory they had leader trees for countries such as Holland, Italy, Sweden i.e. not just the 'main' WW1 countries.

Default Re: HOI2 - 1914 mod

Thank you for bringing the mod to our attention, and I'll take a look at the site. However we already have a lot of the research we need, at least in the case of government officials and generals. Oh, and +rep.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    Thank you for bringing the mod to our attention, and I'll take a look at the site. However we already have a lot of the research we need, at least in the case of government officials and generals. Oh, and +rep.
    There's info on the site, but a lot more in the game files.

If you follow the links on that forum to the 1914 mod page on the paradox forum [wasn't sure if I could post that link here] you can download the mod and the game files. That has a lot of files in there with the data - e.g. generals, flags, background information on tech tree etc from memory a lot of them are text files and similar.

From memory I think it has big lists of unit and ship names for the vast majority of major countries - the land units are probably not useful as HOI2 is at division level, but the Ship names could be very useful i'm thinking.

The AI for the mod wasn't perfect, but the game was very playable and there was a lot of detail in there re events, technology etc
    Last edited by woodyudet17; August 24, 2010 at 07:45 AM.

There's loads of useful info here; the 1914 mod went through a similar process to this mod which boes well I think

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=290

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

I prefer Victoria 2 if Im honest.. LoL

But I will check it out, you are of course aware than one cannot simply use things from others mods, all be it on a different game.

I've played 1914 and love it. HOwever, I'm currently waiting for the secondary team to finish the port to Arsenal of Democracy. I just can't live without the massively improved statistics page!

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

(Ive been looking for that mod for a long time, could only find kaiserreich + rep, gonna have to play some HOI2 this week though imo the vicky series is better, but this is the TGW forum lol) now, OT, looks good, likethte tech tree, im fairly sure TopCat added techs in EiC, so it can likely be done for TGW (he did add them, right)

Quote Originally Posted by pvtgunny View Post
    (Ive been looking for that mod for a long time, could only find kaiserreich + rep, gonna have to play some HOI2 this week though imo the vicky series is better, but this is the TGW forum lol) now, OT, looks good, likethte tech tree, im fairly sure TopCat added techs in EiC, so it can likely be done for TGW (he did add them, right)
    The tech tree is currently under construction

And yes, we can add techs (the mg and smg ones are new)
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

This is not a HOI gameplay discussion forum /Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    I prefer Victoria 2 if Im honest.. LoL

But I will check it out, you are of course aware than one cannot simply use things from others mods, all be it on a different game.
    Depends on how it is 'used'. If you're using the mod as a reference tool a la a book or wikipedia or similar rather than 'copy and paste' then there should be no issue.