Thread: Border Princes

Default Border Princes

Hi everybody,

i would start an Submod that includes the Border Prices as an own Fraction and add more Region recruitable Mercenaries.
    But the Point is, i would wait to add that to the game if the final version of Call of Warhammer would ben release. So, if i do this for Version 1.03, maybee i can do everything again if Version 1.04 comes out.

I'am sure you would add Bretonia and Skaves, but if i finnish these thing, maybee would add the Border Prices to Call of Warhammer as a Part of the Mod itself?

I was just thinking about adding three types of Mercs to the game that are recruitable in the Border Princess, because that the Dwarves can recruit some Counter Cavalerie and Pike Units and other "makeshift" Units. Not becaus there are to less Regular Units, its becaus there is a World in War and the legendary Mercenaries are more an random event than an alternative force.
    The Border Princes Units in Call of Warhammer are nice, but its not realy that what i imagine all the time about the Border Princes. In Call of Warhammer, the Border Princes are just a four City big Area near by Karaz-A-Karak, and i would add these Borderlands as an own Fraction.

So there would be new region dependent recruitable Mercenaries, using Pikes, Halberts, Muskets, Crowsbows and these Weapons based on the Landsknechts and other Mercenarie Concepts during the 16.-17. Century.

Spoiler for Klick for the Mercenarie Companys

Spoiler for Pikemen
    Pikemen.:
    Weapon: Using Pikes.
    Armor: Pikemen Cuirass, Bourguignotte Helmets and Gothic Knight Sallet in many Textures.

Spoiler for Rondartschier
    Rondartschier.:
    Weapon: Using Sword
    Armor: Pikemen Cuirass, Metal Roundshield and different Helmets, like the Broken Lances frog-mouthed helm or the upgradet Conquistatore open-and-closet Helmet.

Spoiler for Mercenarie Musketeer
    Mercenarie Musketeer.:
    Weapon: Using standart Imperial Muskets.
    Armor: Wearing the Imperial Musketeers Cloaths recolourt in the MTW2 Mercenarie Colours with the Cabasset and Morion Helmets and many different Hats form the Imperial Bihander and the XVIIth Musketeers.

Spoiler for Mercenarie Pistoliers
    Mercenarie Pistoliers.:
    Weapon: A Pistole and a Sword
    Armor: Wearing Half-Cuirasses, upgradet Conquistatore open-and-closet Helmet, Broken Lances frog-mouthed and Bourguignotte Helmets.

Image: Historical Half Cuirass

Spoiler for Mercenarie Bihander
    Mercenarie Bihander.:
    Weapon: Two-Handed Swords.
    Armor: Wearing similar Armors like the Imperial Bihander, padded Coifs like French Archers and Hats.

Spoiler for Mercenarie Crossbowman
    Mercenarie Crossbow.:
    Weapon: Crossbow and Mace
    Armor: Milita Gambeson Armors and Coifs.

These Mercenaries are from Bretonian and using an more Feudal Aera Equitment.

Spoiler for Bandits
    Bandits:
    Weapon: Bows and Swords
    Armor: Using Shields and Leather Armors similar to the Free Companys and Hats.

My Idea was creating some new Mercenaries and Border Princess Units on base of some of these 16.Century Mercenaries from XVIIth Century Mod and mix it up with Imperial Type Equitment. So they are some similar to the Empire, because the Border Princess are ruled by Aristocrats from Bretonia and the Empire, but not as good in combat and less moralic standfast.

The Border Princes Tech Tree is reflected in the Lawless Border Regions, his dwellers and Rulers.
    They hired many Blades and many Spears in special Mercenarie Camps, and they bigger they are so more Mercenaries are availible, if they don't coerce the Peasant Militias into the War.

So they can recruit also the Mercenarie Armys, but can recruit some other more or less effektive Units too in Citys and Castles.

Spoiler for Border Prices Units

Spoiler for Spear Militia
    Spear Militia.:
    Just Peasants that have the Honour to fight and defend ther noble Rulers.
    Weapon.: Using long Spears like Halberds.
    Armor.: Wearing no Armor. After the first and only Update they wearing padded Armor and Coifs.

Spoiler for Borderland Cavalery
    Borderland Cavaler.:
    Riders that patroul the Border of the Princes.
    Weapon.: Using long Spears as lances.
    Armor.: Padded Armor in the first phase, than Chainmail Armor.

Spoiler for Tilean Duellists
    Tilean Duellists.:
    Mercenaries from Tilean. Good Infantrie experiencet with the Sword.
    Weapon.: Rapier
    Armor.: Similar as the Imperial Swordsman with steel Roundshields and some Mercenarie Parts and Hats in MTW Mercenarie Colours, but not some real Armor that can count as one.

Spoiler for Robber Knights
    Robber Knights.:
    Banned from the Empire for Crime and loodering they became in the Border Princes a new ruling Class.
    Weapon.: Lance and war hammer like the Venetian Heavy Infantry
    Armor.: Browned Knightly Armors. They wearing Houndskull Helmets as the Lithuanian Regular Swordmen did, Shields and the Horses wearing padded Horsearmor.

Spoiler for Dismounted Robber Knights
    Dismounted Robber Knights.:
    Weapon.: A war hammer like the Venetian Heavy Infantry
    Armor.: Browned Knightly Armors. They wearing Houndskull Helmets as the Lithuanian Regular Swordmen did and Shields.

Spoiler for Noble Sons
    Noble Sons.:
    Extramarital Sons of Bretorian Knights that do not have the Rights that other issues have. They all wearing the baton sinister in ther crests and fighting on foot.
    Weapon.: The Longsword.
    Armor.: Typical Bretonian Chainmail Armor with some Padded Pieces. Some of them Wearing Helmets or Coifs.

Spoiler for Arbalest
    Arbalest.:
    Experiencet Soldiers from Tilea using an Steel Crossbow called ,,Arbalest'' that is more effektive than other Crossbows.
    Weapon.: The Arbalest and a Axe
    Armor.: Mixed Chainmail and Plate Armor with cloaths.

Available as Soldiers for Hire to other Fractions in the Borderlands.

Spoiler for Free Longbowmen
    Free Longbowmen.:
    Longbowman from Bretoria how offer ther own Bows for Hire.
    Weapon.: Longbow and a Dagger
    Armor.: Padded Armor like the Spear Militia.

So what do you mean? Sounds that good or should i forgett the hole thing?

PS.: All Units on the Screenshots are not making by me and it shows just an example how i would make these things.
    Last edited by Raubritter; August 24, 2010 at 03:10 AM.

FakeTwin's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Border Princes

Welcome to the forums!

Well, as far as I know the Border Princes will be a playable faction in Version 1.04 - so I would suggest to wait until its release.
    Last edited by FakeTwin; August 24, 2010 at 06:04 AM.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Welcome to the forums Raubritter!

FakeTwin is right. The Border Princes will be included as their own faction in 1.4, but if you really want to do this, then by all means go ahead

Oh, i didnt know that.

So i will wait for Version 1.4 and it seems like i will add these things than.
    Any idea when 1.4 would release?

And what you think about the concept? Good or Bad?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I like the concept and I say if you really want to, go for it

As for the release date of 1.4, it may be sometime in September.