Thread: 1600's mod

Default 1600's mod

hello, i dont know how to mod and the ideas topic wouldnt post more topics lol but in the full world map mod i found a photo if u can find the topic in misc. theres actually to directions to secret models i think thats wat it looks like but anyways, the mod i have been hoping 4 is about the 1600's mostly bout europe theatre but i thought it was good for the etw server since the 1600's colonies were being established in america and india was kindve being reconised heres a photo of models wit the main armor for soldiers back in the 1600's let me just say 1 more time these are not actual models i made but found a pic that some1 had somehow P.S.: im not chinese im a american and im mostly british,Irish,and german
    Last edited by Shugo560; August 24, 2010 at 05:43 PM.

Default Re: 1600's mod

also if it is possible to make this kindve of mod can it plz be a nonpatch compatible mod cause ever since patch 1.6 came out i couldnt play vanilla and evry time i go into game it crashes b4 getting to main menu and my game wont update(4 some reason) o yea and i changed my mind if its possible to make a mod bout this i would like to b part of the mod team i would want 2 be a researcher cause as i said in my other post idk how to mod lol

well, im happy now even though no 1 has replied to this but im going to learn how to mod units and models so i can get started if i learn how to completely mod then im on my way to making this cause no1 has thought this was a good idea besides me

EDIT: srry guys 4 some reason it wont let me open the files needed to make units but i would like to start a mod team to c if i can get a mod in this unnoticed era ive hav already researched alot so if i can get ppl who know how to mod plz tell me if you want to help
    Last edited by Shugo560; August 25, 2010 at 12:23 AM.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

For the making of a mod, it's always more promising to start modding yourself instead of requesting someone else to do it. There aren't that many players around with the extensive knowhow and free time to do what you want. That's probably the main reason why you and other people with similar requests do not get many answers.

A mod about the 16th century sounds interesting, but it's a daunting task. Don't know if it's possible to get the required new unit models for that yet (despite that picture you posted). Have you found confirmation somewhere that ETW unit models can be modded now?

PS. I think you need certain programs like Photoshop or GIMP with specific plugins to open the unit textures and work on them.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    For the making of a mod, it's always more promising to start modding yourself instead of requesting someone else to do it. There aren't that many players around with the extensive knowhow and free time to do what you want. That's probably the main reason why you and other people with similar requests do not get many answers.

A mod about the 16th century sounds interesting, but it's a daunting task. Don't know if it's possible to get the required new unit models for that yet (despite that picture you posted). Have you found confirmation somewhere that ETW unit models can be modded now?

PS. I think you need certain programs like Photoshop or GIMP with specific plugins to open the unit textures and work on them.
    the problem is i need a xertain tool 2 take off alot of errors on my pc to open certain files so thats a major reason i cant do it and i think the american civil war team modded their models didnt they?

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Interesting! Although it will be a very hard work
    [Col] RO Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by RO Citizen View Post
    Interesting! Although it will be a very hard work
    yep ive already made lots of research im just waiting to c if i can get a few team members but like the other guy said it will b hard to find ppl who hav the time to do this

ppl who read this idea mod im trying to create a mod team plz im begging any modders who know how to model to send me a message to help make this mod a reality i can start modeling as soon as i get my filecure to fix my pc's errors

EDIT: plz guys ima try and get file cure 2day so i can start on this but i need a animater and other ppl in diffrent parts of modding like modelers,mapping, and ppl who know how to tweak with the grand campaign
    Last edited by Shugo560; August 26, 2010 at 06:20 PM.

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

No one has figured out how the map works in empire, sadly. So the only thing you could change is the startpos.

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

I am working on a version of the 1600s mod for CSOGmod...I found all the unit templates I need. Manipulating the rest is easy.
    Erasmo
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    System Model: G73Sw
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12266MB RAM
    Page File: 2634MB used, 21881MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode