Thread: Return of the Samurai Exhibit in Victoria B.C.

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Return of the Samurai Exhibit in Victoria B.C.

Very cool. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Did you happen to notice any literature about the armour in regards to what clan would use what armour specifically?
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JackDionne View Post
    Very cool. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Did you happen to notice any literature about the armour in regards to what clan would use what armour specifically?
    I plan on going to see the exhibit, I will post any pictures and info that I can find.

THEMIK DK's Avatar Senator

sooo cool!

A 1500-1680 Total War FTW!!!

A link to some pictures taken at the exhibit from another forum.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=d1157f0b72

I just got back from seeing the Return of the Samurai exhibit in Victoria Canada. I was able to attend 2 lectures on samurai armor by Trevor Absolon and had a chance to look at a preview of the book he will be publishing soon on samurai armor. Trevors book will is really incredible and anyone with an interest in the subject should think about getting a copy when it comes out. Not much in the way of nihonto due to space limitations, just a couple of swords and some tsuba. Barry Till, curator of Asian Art from the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria, did a good job with what he had to work with as far a space and money. I took a lot of pictures but with flash not allowed, dim lighting and a reddish room back round color I had trouble getting good shots. Here is a link to all the pictures I have. http://s831.photobucket.com/albums/z...aba%20exhibit/