Thread: CTW and BI vanilla

Default CTW and BI vanilla

what will I have to do be able to play Chiv TW AS WELL AS keep my RTW:BI vanilla playble?
    if its possible then how do i do it?

thanks
    [BIG MTW2 SIG]
    Skyhigh - can't go out at night because he'd bump his head on the stars.

nothing, chivalry will install itself in a new folder, not affecting your BI/RTW install
    A new game development studio focusing on historical strategy games
    http://www.the-artistocrats.com

thats fantastic
    thank you
    [BIG MTW2 SIG]
    Skyhigh - can't go out at night because he'd bump his head on the stars.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Adherbal
    nothing, chivalry will install itself in a new folder, not affecting your BI/RTW install
    so are you trying to say that we can play CTW and vanilla BI as well(or even vannila BI with a mod installed and CTW)
    Also, what happened to the previews? i thought that they were weekly?
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Yes, another preview would be nice
    I hiope its the Golden Horde this time

I don't need previews, I just want the mod.

Pent uP Rage's Avatar Tech *********

Here here. This is my most eagerly anticipated mod. I tried some of the early custom battle releases which I liked very much. The SP campaign has the potential to be absolutely fantastic. Are the Hordes to be converted to Crusades/Jihads?

under the patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, son of the Black Prince
    Before you post, see if your question has already been answered
    here

militiaman's Avatar GEWar TWC Alliance!

Chivalry will be installed using the new mod command with BI. That means that as long as you have a vanilla BI it will run. You don't have to make a new RTW folder, you just install a folder called chivalry to your Rome - Total War folder, which means that you can get rid of the mod any time without effecting BI or RTW. However, if another mod doesn't use this tool and you install it directly into your BI folder, Chivalry wont be able to run as it needs a vanilla copy of it's files. If any mod doesn't use this though I think it's very stupid as it has 3 main advantages over the old RTW way:
    1. You don't need to make a copy of all of the RTW files. It only needs the new mod's files an gets the rest from vanilla. This means that you save alot of space.
    2. Easy installation and unistallation. All someone has to do the get rid of it is delete the main folder.
    3. You can have as many mods on the one RTW/BI as you want. The files aren't mixed together so there's no problems.

As for the preview questions, we haven't been working 100% on a new preview, we've been doing other work on the mod over the past couple of weeks. However, I can tell you that our next preview will most probably feature our new Crusader Minor Campaign and the Crusader States faction We're still thinking of ideas to implement hordes, but they'll probably feature along those lines.

Under the Patronage of Basileos Leandros I, who is under the patronage of Kscott, who is under the patronage of Lord Rahl, who is under the patronage of MadBurgerMaker, who is under the patronage of genghis khan, who is under the patronage of GodEmporer Nicholas