Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum II Hamachi online tournament

Magefsx's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II Hamachi online tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy O View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Battle from yesterday Carthage is victorious, though the game was desyncronysed and i could not get magesfk to post k/d since the defeat screen did not show up for him
    Well, my -desyncronised- battle turned out somewhat differently, and I do beg to differ!

But you obviously did better vs the AI than I did! Was a good game anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    Well we did a huge battle 2.
    O and me and Mulatto is planing to set up a Barbarian vs Rome 4vs4 huge mp battle.
    It's going to be epic as hell.
    And yes please!- (but with a groovy map)
    Last edited by Magefsx; September 07, 2010 at 03:48 AM.

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I did not play vs the AI :s. Anyway its best not to let that game count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

Magefsx's Avatar Campidoctor

Once the game desyncs, the AI takes over, and that probably happened a little after your repeated cavalry charges

Strange this has never happened whenver I have played EB online...
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.

No thats not true, the ai does not take over, you both still play but something different happens. On mie your troops could rout but on yours they dont so i move my men away and they die to the troops that on my screen routed. so in mine i win and on yours you see me run away then cut me down.

Also todays games

Last edited by xccam; September 07, 2010 at 04:42 AM.

Mulattothrasher's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by xccam View Post
    you guys know the tourney rules say normal unit sizes?
    I think that some rule changes are in order. For example, it's not right that I could get away with a army of all legions and Praetorian, just having 6, 6, 6, and 2 of each. Also, 6 heavy cavalry, 6 heavy infantry, 6 elite phalanx would never have appeared on the battlefield anyway.

Rosters are incomplete for realism player like myself who want historically based armies. For example, not all Celts have chariots, naked dudes, or their AOR units like Volcae axemen, Veneti skirmishers, Bellovaci infantry, etc. For Hellenistic factions most phalanx units would be settler or levy, but their are no levy phalangites to be found for those faction. So MP battles emphasize for a player to use more elite powered units and no chance for realistically composed armies where elites are, in reality, only a few units. Next patch I hope this will change because it's much too 'gamey'.

Hellhound1's Avatar *Knock Knock*

If GI wants to write up a new unit roster i can package it up in an patch that'll change the units?

Quote Originally Posted by Mulattothrasher View Post
    I think that some rule changes are in order. For example, it's not right that I could get away with a army of all legions and Praetorian, just having 6, 6, 6, and 2 of each. Also, 6 heavy cavalry, 6 heavy infantry, 6 elite phalanx would never have appeared on the battlefield anyway.

Rosters are incomplete for realism player like myself who want historically based armies. For example, not all Celts have chariots, naked dudes, or their AOR units like Volcae axemen, Veneti skirmishers, Bellovaci infantry, etc. For Hellenistic factions most phalanx units would be settler or levy, but their are no levy phalangites to be found for those faction. So MP battles emphasize for a player to use more elite powered units and no chance for realistically composed armies where elites are, in reality, only a few units. Next patch I hope this will change because it's much too 'gamey'.
    Seconded

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

I think we should have a alternative MP roster that is more historical for those who want to play like that.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mulattothrasher View Post

I never put up the max 6 same units rule, it was something coolguyz put up on his own.

The other part I must disagree. I do barely use any elite units at all in my armies and I've beaten armies composed of elites with ease, so no the game actually favours the use of regular units like Bottian Phalangites and not Elites like Agema Phalangites.

Adding tons of unnecessery units is also a bad idea, I would be abhorred if this became ETW MP where you have 30 different units to choose from whom are all basicly the same with very minor stat differences.
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

So what are the fixed rules? Because everyone has been playing at 6 max..

Also come on EU official network nowzzz i want a battle

Normal scale and no siege equipments.
    Son of Legio
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Thats it? You can do all sorts of wrong things.. Guys this needs more organization and why am i the only one in lobby when there are people online on hamachi ?

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

No, but seriously, it's easy to in the name of historicity cry: "Yay axemen for everybody!", but then one is forgetting the MP lessons of 6 Total War titles. There is a reason why RTW MP lobby still has thousands of players each day on Gamespy whilst on M2TW and ETW you can barely get a game started, so why is RTW MP so much popular? The answer is of course faction diversity, in the other TW games the factions basicly all share the same types of units.

So if we start adding in every possible unit that a faction may or may not have deployed in some obscure battle somewhere, then every faction would have every type of soldier which would result in every faction being the same=BORING
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

People have got their comps on, so hamachi stays on

Apple, sub forums wouuld be really useful now.

And an idea wold be to have two sets of the network. One for normal players, and one for historical players.

They're all managed from the web, so it wouldnt be a problem.

Yeah I hope we could get a MP sub forum.
    Son of Legio

If GI can make the changes, and we get a subforum, i can upload the ids for 6 networks:

Roma Surrecutum 2 EU Official
    Roma Surrecutum 2 EU Official 2
    Roma Surrecutum 2 US Official
    Roma Surrecutum 2 US Official 2
    Roma Surrecutum 2 Historical
    Roma Surrecutum 2 Historical 2

US And EU are both full, EU official has no players this is getting furstrating, why people are not leaving networks

US and Eu are full of everybody not online

Official was only set up yesterday (its supposed to be faster, plus it sends out system messages, and autokicks people off after 2 days of inactivity)

Mulattothrasher's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Galvanized Iron View Post
    I never put up the max 6 same units rule, it was something coolguyz put up on his own.

The other part I must disagree. I do barely use any elite units at all in my armies and I've beaten armies composed of elites with ease, so no the game actually favours the use of regular units like Bottian Phalangites and not Elites like Agema Phalangites.

Adding tons of unnecessery units is also a bad idea, I would be abhorred if this became ETW MP where you have 30 different units to choose from whom are all basicly the same with very minor stat differences.
    Then I think, as Apple says, there should be a realistic MP setup with full rosters and another as it is now. I do not think they are unnecessary for one, and many players want a full range of units to choose from with more light and levy units, and less heavy and elites so battles are played is they would have been in RL. For one it would be great to set up battles along the lines that happened in RL (Magnesia, Telamon, seige of Alesia, Allia, etc. for those that want to attempt historical situations) so MP can recreate these events with rounded out rosters.