Thread: 1 turn build time

Default 1 turn build time

For what reason can you not incorporate 0 turn build time for troops into EB. I currently play RTR after playing SPQR and I am struggling to get used to 1+ turn build time.
    Last edited by makeshift52; November 27, 2005 at 12:29 PM.

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious" - Alan Minter
    "When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry.
    "If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?" - Steven Wright.

the same reason as SPQR probably ~;p

The ideal solution is of course multiple build queues commensurate with settlement size. However, nothing short of a recoding of RTW would accomplish that. 0 build times are a terrible compromise, taking half the strategy out of the game.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Is it possible to have fractional build times? In other words, say hastati take half a turn, principes take a turn and triarii take a turn and a half: you can build five units of hastati in the time it takes to train a unit of principes and a unit of triarii, or you could train a unit of hastati and a unit of principes in the time it takes to train a unit of triarii. I doubt it is possible actually, but it would be pretty good.

if they won't do it, do it your self. it is not that hard, just go into your data file and edit the export_descr_unit file, you might want to back up that file first. then hit ctrl+h then in the find box enter "stat_cost 3" with all the spaces too, or jsut copy the line that is right above the onersip line, upto the first number of the line. then in the replace with line put "stat_cost 0" then hit enter. then you have to repeat the proces for all the units that take 2 and then agin 1 turn, just turn the 3 into which ever number you need to change. then you need to save it and bam you got your self zero turn biulding of units, if you like you could do the same for biuldings, but that is up to you.

I doubt this is possible but would it be possible to eliminate some of the slots for the recruitment queue? Maybe eliminate all but three and change all recruitment to three turns so that you can train three units at a time.... probably hard coded but that would be cool
    Fortis cadere, cedere non potest

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea
    Is it possible to have fractional build times?
    No.*********************
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

The 0 turn works well for gameplay.

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious" - Alan Minter
    "When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry.
    "If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?" - Steven Wright.

Savage_Swede's Avatar Carolus Rex

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea
    Is it possible to have fractional build times? In other words, say hastati take half a turn, principes take a turn and triarii take a turn and a half: you can build five units of hastati in the time it takes to train a unit of principes and a unit of triarii, or you could train a unit of hastati and a unit of principes in the time it takes to train a unit of triarii. I doubt it is possible actually, but it would be pretty good.
    Yup, thats what i was thinking.

Sig by Lord Rahl
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Europa Barbarorum, what RTW should have been.

Hmm all units can be built in 0 turns (well, I suppose that means an unlimited number of units can be trained in one turn supposing you have the funds)

But building as far as I know don't follow the same script, and I think 1 turn is the minimum (a max. of one building built in each city / turn)

Artifex

We won't be using 0 turn build times for a variety of reasons. This discussion has been done quite a bit in the public forum, so there is no need to revisit it. The simple fix for you if 0-turn is what you really desire, is to mod it yourself. It is as simple as can be.
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. - Seneca

Sorry, I didn't realise it had been discussed before, and I have first glimpsed your Mod and look forward to downloading it for Christmas!