Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accurate Guild Placing

Default Accurate Guild Placing

Hey Folks, I'm trying to place the guild HQs in places that seem historically accurate or appropriate. Think I managed to track down the right codes for all guilds but don't know how to place them in settlements. Was wondering if anyone has a cheat code for this.

If you're interested I was thinking-
    -assassins, that city in hungary that replaced Budapest, name escapes me
    -masons, Edinburgh, Corduba is maybe more appropriate but hey, had to give Scotland something
    -theologians, Jerusalem
    -merchants, Constantinople
    -alchemists, unsure but thinking somewhere in Germany or Middle East/Andalusia
    -thieves, Venice
    -explorers, Lisbon
    -swordsmiths, Toledo?
    -templars, Tolosa
    -st johns, Acre? Kerak?
    -woodsmens, Nottingham
    -horse breeders, Kiev? Urgench?
    -hashashim, Damascus, would have loved Alamut but thats a castle, this is closest to Masyaf
    -santiago, Leon or that one in north Portugal
    -teutonic knights, Konigsberg
    -hanseatic league, Visby

Let me know what you guys think of my choices, and help to implement this would be awesome, Thanks.
    Last edited by Horseless Nomad; August 22, 2010 at 07:47 PM.

Default Re: Accurate Guild Placing

I think there should be more places for HQs than just one city. For example, the Merchants guild HQ should be available in every major trade city, like Venice, Genoa, Milan, Constantinople, Caffa, and Arhus just to name a few. It makes the game far too limiting if you can only place the HQ in one location.
    --- Theseus1234
    Suum cique (To each their own) -Motto of the Kingdom of Prussia

The Crown of Aragon AAR- The Iberian Supremacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice and Mercy View Post
    My opinion is 100% objective. That's how I'm so right all the time.
    ^Human hubris knows no bounds.

Agree with you there, though having the on HQ limit wouldn't be as annoying if it wasn't so finicky to get guilds in the first place. You have to spam dozens of agents/buildings/units in order to get the one you want which kind of messes up the flow of your campaign. More and easier ways of getting them would be great.

I would put horse breeders HQ in Toulouse... If not mistaken I think in MTW1 that is where Chivalric Knights (?) would get a val bonus

I usually get HQ where i want all u need to do is pick a particular settlement right from the start where u want it.
    Like when playing as HRE i pick Nuremberg for the thieves guild and make spies only there. And after a while(500 Points) i get HQ there.

Of course for this u should be familiar with the game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by RabidSheepLegion View Post
    I would put horse breeders HQ in Toulouse... If not mistaken I think in MTW1 that is where Chivalric Knights (?) would get a val bonus
    That's interesting, didn't know that. Are there any MTW2 cities that have those kind of bonuses. I am rethinking the Horse Breeders guidl some, I choose the east for the steppes and the nomads but while they were expert riders they used only strudy little ponies IIRC. Probably no match for a French lancer in full plate on a massive charging thorough-bred stallion!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    I usually get HQ where i want all u need to do is pick a particular settlement right from the start where u want it.
    Like when playing as HRE i pick Nuremberg for the thieves guild and make spies only there. And after a while(500 Points) i get HQ there.

Of course for this u should be familiar with the game mechanics.
    That's funny, when I'm HRE I always go for Nuremburg for spies too. Weird.

Anyway, yeah I know how to get the guilds the proper way from a handy guild guide floating around here somewhere, but what I was hoping for would be to cut out the middle man and just spawn them where I want, even in settelments I don't own if possible. Kind of like the 'spawn x amount of unit y' cheat but with buildings. The only thing I can find when looking for building cheats is the process_cq, but that's no help to me here. I fear this may be an impossible pipe-dream....

You can put any buildings inside any settlement by a script in the CS.

You can put any buildings inside any settlement by a script in the CS.
    Oh dear. Excuse my ignorance but, CS? I am in fact a complete ignoramus, know squat about modding or scripting. I'm just here to take advantage of the people who do

Thanks tho, good to know it can be done.

I don't think in M2TW you get val bonuses for certain settlements, oh and CS stands for Crusader States, not Counter Strike

Quote Originally Posted by Horseless Nomad View Post
    Oh dear. Excuse my ignorance but, CS? I am in fact a complete ignoramus, know squat about modding or scripting. I'm just here to take advantage of the people who do
    I knew it. Ishan, take your crystal ball and run...
    I don't think in M2TW you get val bonuses for certain settlements, oh and CS stands for Crusader States, not Counter Strike
    Actually in this case it might just be the Campaign Script.
    You could also go with the export_descr_guild (can't pinpoint the name but quite sure thats it) and temporarily mod a unit to give a insanely high guild point reward. As always: Make backups.

Thanks for the replys guys. Was checking out the export_descr_guild file and noticed one called montesa chapter house. Huh, news to me. What is that?

That CS idea sounds cool, but guessing not save game compatible? Man some of these folders are like freakin hieroglyphics to me! Also there are 3 CS files, guess I just use the one for the campaign I'm going to use?

oh, my bad bane lol

Montesa I think are like the knights of santiago but for portugal or aragon, don't remember... but i think they had maces instead of swords... I liked them alot, not sure if they in SS 6.3

oh, my bad bane lol

Montesa I think are like the knights of santiago but for portugal or aragon, don't remember... but i think they had maces instead of swords... I liked them alot, not sure if they in SS 6.3
    Montesa is for Aragon and they have maces and are in 6.3
    --- Theseus1234
    Suum cique (To each their own) -Motto of the Kingdom of Prussia

The Crown of Aragon AAR- The Iberian Supremacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice and Mercy View Post
    My opinion is 100% objective. That's how I'm so right all the time.
    ^Human hubris knows no bounds.

i was somewhat right then lol

I may have to dabble in modding this see if I can't crack this stuff. Really wish it could be done with the command console though, you know along the lines of
    -give_settlement Damascus guild_assassins_muslim_guild 2-
    That's obviouslly not a code, I know, but you get the idea.

Try this command it works via script but it might work in console also:-

Code:
    create_building London small_church

Try this command it works via script but it might work in console also:-

Code:
    create_building London small_church
    I don't think create_building works, now create_unit works I know that

I don't think create_building works, now create_unit works I know that
    Yes just confirmed it, only works via a CS script.

Yes just confirmed it, only works via a CS script.
    I meant in console lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast