Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: MAGYAR MOD 2.16 Download and description

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Default Re: MAGYAR MOD 2.13 RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by dome View Post
    and the russians, lithuanians and cumans
    Really? Which mod do you use, was it in the Beta or is my memory totally lost
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Quote Originally Posted by Choki View Post
    This Change only the Hungarian armys? Or is for all factions?
    I strongly suggest you try this mod out, several factions have been changed, and it is only going to progress more...and the gameplay is really great

Laetus

Hi guys,

When the character who holds the nádor title dies, the title disappears as well. So if I do not pay attention to pass the nádor title to a younger character when the original bearer is getting too old, I lose the title completely. Is this a bug or a feature? Or am I doing something wrong?

Do you plan to introduce additional titles? The "dux" title could be used as well. It could be used to manually select the heir to the throne - this might have advantages and disadvantages as well. The problem is that this title was not used after king Kálmán. But after the acquisition of Croatia the "horvát bán" title could be made available, and the "erdélyi vajda" title also appears in the XII. century. It would be great if these titles provided benefits only if the bearer is actually in its respective province, or penalties could be applied when these provinces are not in Hungarian possession.

Anyway, just keep up this great work!

Greetings,

Coix

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Coix View Post
    When the character who holds the nádor title dies, the title disappears as well. So if I do not pay attention to pass the nádor title to a younger character when the original bearer is getting too old, I lose the title completely. Is this a bug or a feature? Or am I doing something wrong?
    When someone dies he cannot be nádor anymore.
    Just relax and play further.

Do you plan to introduce additional titles? The "dux" title could be used as well. It could be used to manually select the heir to the throne - this might have advantages and disadvantages as well. The problem is that this title was not used after king Kálmán.
    Dux = Prince so it is in the game.
    As I know people use an ancillary to boost authority and that's why the general is picked for prince. We use scripts in which the value of the authority is very important so this method wouldn't be appropriate for us.

But after the acquisition of Croatia the "horvát bán" title could be made available, and the "erdélyi vajda" title also appears in the XII. century. It would be great if these titles provided benefits only if the bearer is actually in its respective province, or penalties could be applied when these provinces are not in Hungarian possession.
    As the number of your generals increases there will be more titles. Some of them has a definite starting time. Others have requisites.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Csatádi View Post
    When someone dies he cannot be nádor anymore.
    Just relax and play further.
    OK, but in reality, when the nádor dies, the title itself does not cease to exist. However, in the game the title dies with the character. After the death of the nádor nobody else can be appointed as nádor.

Let's take this example: The game starts with Prince Gyula being the nádor. He immediately attacks Salamon, and Gyula dies in battle. How can I appoint a new nádor? Nobody has the icon representing the nádor title in the retinue list any more.

(At least this was the situation in v2.0, if this is fixed in v2.13 then ignore my comment)

Egyébként meg minden elismerésem, tényleg jók vagytok! :-)

Laetus

OK, now I made some exploration in the game files, and found that nádor should emerge even after that, so it was not your intention to kill the title itself.

However, I have never seen it emerging again. Please check the coding, something must be wrong then. I do not know much about coding, but you use the expression "FactionwideAncillaryExists", which is not used in any other ancillary definitions. But I see that there is a "I_WorldwideAncillaryExists" expression. Maybe you should also use the prefix "I_".

Also, now I see why I have never met with the titles bán or vajda. Maybe because these titles require Bran and Zara, two settlements that are not present in v2?

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

It doesn't worth to play with 2.0 when 2.13 is released.
    General Gyula was dropped long ago.

FactionwideAncillaryExists is a valid condition and differs from I_WorldwideAncillaryExists. The 'I_' prefix would corrupt it.
    However your comment was worthful because I discovered a bug. It will be corrected in 2.14. Thanks!

Laetus

Is it deliberate that városi lándzsások are weaker attackers than városi őrség?
    The small icon of a rebel Kopjások is also strange, it shows an infrantryman.

(Btw, is is the right topic to post possible bug reports?)

Quote Originally Posted by Coix View Post
    Is it deliberate that városi lándzsások are weaker attackers than városi őrség?
    The small icon of a rebel Kopjások is also strange, it shows an infrantryman.

(Btw, is is the right topic to post possible bug reports?)
    the városi lándzsások is spearmen, which has adventages against cavalry. also has shield and bigger morale. The only thing is, that városi őrség has 2 handed weapon, and whit that they could strike bigger.

The Kopjások icon is only a palceholder, we will change it when the light cavalry come.

And yes this is the right topic fpr bugs

döme

great units!!

TheGeat's Avatar Miles

Hi! This mod looks fantastic. Is it compatible with stainless steel? Thx

I don't think so. It's not a skin pack, It's an indepandent mod.

TheGeat's Avatar Miles

Thanks for the answer. Well to bad Kingdoms isn't like ETW or NTW where you can combine your favorite skin mods.

it's because its not a skin mod

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

I played it and didn't like it... Hungarian faction is very good, but mechanics and ceaseless rebellions are really annoying... After I reconquer the rebellious Hungary I can expect another rebellion in five years, which takes away half of my kingdom, half of my income and cripples my economy so much that the only one I can fight with are those pesky rebels. I understand the need for realism (Hungarian nobles were proud men), but I cannot play anymore. I can clearly see the work you have invested into it, but it is just not my cup of tea...

well maybe you made just too much war that didn't like the people. try to be more peacefull

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by dome View Post
    well maybe you made just too much war that didn't like the people. try to be more peacefull
    No, I fought only with Venice when they declared war on me...

well, thats ok, but if you contionously making war or just to much, the crowd gets unsatisfyd which leads to rebellion.

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

maybe it would be good to unveil the script mechanics in the post where the link are?

Like what to expect when playing this mod in a bit more detail.

I understand this is better as a surprise, but it would be good to know how to avoid nasty things like heretic movements and rebels.