Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hotseat & Multiplayer FAQ

Default Re: Hotseat & Multiplayer FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Swarbs View Post
    Thanks for all your help bane. Is there any chance you could turn this hotseat patch into a self installing .exe? Some of the uber technophobes in the hotseat community are having trouble getting all the options to show on the menu when copying the files manually.
    I can and will. Have to update it for 3.0 anyways.

Thanks mate, you're a legend! Although that installer appears to be in German...

P.S. I assume there are no critical game breaking differences between 2.5 and 3.0? So we can just stick with 2.5 and our hotseats won't fall down?
    Last edited by Swarbs; October 18, 2010 at 10:34 AM.

As of yet there are zero critical game breaking issues. Any fixupdate either won't take effect in your hotseat or will it in a way that can be rolled back if necessary. That said you should be fine in 2.5

Fixes updated to 2.6
    • Now uses an installer
    • Swiss Armored Pikemen (mercenary) costing 210 instead of
    • 1210 in one area they could be recruited fixed (Meneth/Roz)
    • Updated BGR4 description (Bane)
    • Turkoman cost from 725 to 415 (Meneth/Roz)
    • Northern generals models fix (Shoryn)
    • Mongol horde nerfing script optimized, should help reduce turn time (Meneth)
    • Completely deleted DisableRR (Meneth)

Fixes updated to 3.0
    • Moved accidentally misplaced file (Meneth)
    • Crash on late campaign launch fixed (Meneth)
    • Text improvement:
      • Halbrüdders to halbrüdder (Meneth\Bane)
      • Reiters to Reiter (Meneth\Bane)
      • Zweihander(s) to Zweihänder (Meneth\Bane)
        Ghulams to Ghulam (Meneth\Bane\Iberia Auxilia)
      • Improved Roman stable names (Meneth\Bane\Iberia Auxilia)
      • Genoan mounted arquebusiers unit card background not being transparent fixed (Bane)
    • Timurids campaign map banner fixed (Meneth\Bane)
    • Dynamic Siege Upkeep added (Meneth)
    • Camp sacking completely removed (it was broken) (Meneth)
    • Huge campaign script optimizations - decreased turn time (Meneth)
    The bold sections won't take hold on upgrade but only on new games.

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

From one of the technophobes, THANK YOU very much for the installer!

+REP

Quote Originally Posted by Swarbs View Post
    Thanks mate, you're a legend! Although that installer appears to be in German...

P.S. I assume there are no critical game breaking differences between 2.5 and 3.0? So we can just stick with 2.5 and our hotseats won't fall down?
    Version for 3.0 attached. It's a exe but twcenter doesn't allow those so you have to extract it from the rar first. I'll take down the 2.5 version as this one will work with both.

excuse me, but is it save game compatible? because I added those lines to the "default" config in the SS 6.3 and still I cannot defend myself.

(btw, I did installed the fixes if that somehow relates to the problem.)

Quote Originally Posted by khatmar View Post
    excuse me, but is it save game compatible? because I added those lines to the "default" config in the SS 6.3 and still I cannot defend myself.
    Regretably it isn't. There are some thirdpartytools to edit savegames but none of those is able to toggle the "scrolls" flag in a running campaign.

kruma's Avatar Civis

Guys, I read through the FAQ at the beginning but still couldn't find a solid answer to my issue. I CANNOT lead any manual battles...the only option i have is autoresolve ! ...it doesn't matter whether i attack or defend...it's still the same!!? how do i fix that?? Is this normal? I have SS6.3 and i play late era with BYG and RR on.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by kruma View Post
    Guys, I read through the FAQ at the beginning but still couldn't find a solid answer to my issue. I CANNOT lead any manual battles...the only option i have is autoresolve ! ...it doesn't matter whether i attack or defend...it's still the same!!? how do i fix that?? Is this normal? I have SS6.3 and i play late era with BYG and RR on.
    Thank you!
    Pretty sure thats because you started your hotseat with the option "always autoresolve battles".

kruma's Avatar Civis

oh, ....yeah...i didn't even see that option there...now i get it But would I have problems defending against the AI, because I see people complaining about it?

oh, ....yeah...i didn't even see that option there...now i get it But would I have problems defending against the AI, because I see people complaining about it?
    Not if you set the options as described in the OP before starting the campaign.

kruma's Avatar Civis

Ok, i copied the .cfg config into the defaul.cfg....do i need to do something about RR too?

What is the NoWaiting Mod....does it reduce the useless waiting after end turn? Is it applicable to singleplayer too?

And also, what are the hotseat fixes for fixes 3.0...i have bane's fixes 3.3....
    Last edited by kruma; December 19, 2010 at 03:17 PM.

Ok, i copied the .cfg config into the defaul.cfg....do i need to do something about RR too?
    No, you don't.
    What is the NoWaiting Mod....does it reduce the useless waiting after end turn? Is it applicable to singleplayer too?
    But if you wanted to, I'd suggest using NoWaiting. It's an alternative to switch off RR. Yes, it applies.
    And also, what are the hotseat fixes for fixes 3.0...i have bane's fixes 3.3....
    This adds the options for NoWaiting Mod and readds "Disable RR". Will work with fixes 3.3.

mistermasyl's Avatar Foederatus

Is it possible to play hotseat at SS 6.1 - Kingdom's submods? For example Battlle for the Balyic 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by mistermasyl View Post
    Is it possible to play hotseat at SS 6.1 - Kingdom's submods? For example Battlle for the Balyic 2.0?
    If you are refering to custom campaigns then yes, it is possible if those campaigns are moved to the imperial_campaign folder and the files renamed to the way their counterparts look there. The SS6.2 patch includes a bat file that does this for Early/Late and you can look up what files to rename in that file. Before trying it yourself remember to make backup copies of all folders involved.

Marcvs Antonivs's Avatar Senator

Default Hot-seat questions

Is there anyway for the camera not to blackout during AI turns? And if any human player is attacked during AI turn, is there anyway to control the army on the battlefield instead of auto-resolving the battle? thanks!
    Cassius: "Our men at arms have secured the city. We've received representatives from all the best elements. The senate is with us, the knights are with us."
    Brutus:"The pontifs, the urban cohorts, the lictors guild..."
    Antony: "Oh, the lictors guild, very good. Only rally the bakers and the flute players and you can put on a festival."

Default Re: Hot-seat questions

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesphillip View Post
    Is there anyway for the camera not to blackout during AI turns? And if any human player is attacked during AI turn, is there anyway to control the army on the battlefield instead of auto-resolving the battle? thanks!
    No idea and check the FAQ.

Merged.

Marcvs Antonivs's Avatar Senator

Sorry about that, didn't know there was a FAQ for hotseat, well thanks anyway, got my answer and it works.
    Cassius: "Our men at arms have secured the city. We've received representatives from all the best elements. The senate is with us, the knights are with us."
    Brutus:"The pontifs, the urban cohorts, the lictors guild..."
    Antony: "Oh, the lictors guild, very good. Only rally the bakers and the flute players and you can put on a festival."

Tiro

Does the Hotseat fix work with 6.4?
    ExRM grunt modder and player.
    Historical discussions & modding Rome: Total War. How much better can it get?

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

How to run 6.3 and 6.4 alongside eachother?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast