Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trenches

Default Trenches

How do i construct trenches?
    "The Swedes are well built, powerful, supple, capable of enduring the hardest work, starvation and trouble. They are born warriors, full of pride..."
    - Francois Voltaire, 1731

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Trenches

At the beginning of the battle all rifle battalions and the like can construct them as earthworks is the possibility to construct not available?

Quote Originally Posted by pvtgunny View Post
    At the beginning of the battle all rifle battalions and the like can construct them as earthworks is the possibility to construct not available?
    Ohh... It probably is but i thought you constructed them before the battle(On the strategic map) So if din't gather an powerfull army at the moment i would probably know about it.

Many thanks Charles XII
    "The Swedes are well built, powerful, supple, capable of enduring the hardest work, starvation and trouble. They are born warriors, full of pride..."

Question: Are you planning to do real trenches instead of those walls who look a bit of pesky?

Many thanks Charles XII

Quote Originally Posted by Charles XII View Post
    Question: Are you planning to do real trenches instead of those walls who look a bit of pesky?

Many thanks Charles XII
    The team has a model, although I think the team is still trying to figure out how to exactly make it so that infantry can go into the trenches. Should they make it a building that infantry can garrison, then I don't believe that the infantry would be able to make the trenches in the deployment stage. Due to N:TW's engine and lack of modding tools, it's very difficult. So for now, we'll have to stick with the wall-trenches.
    New website for AtC (Advance to Combat, formerly known as Nations at War) Check it out here! We average 155 unique hits a day! AtC is a mod for Empire Total War focusing on implementing modern-day units into custom battles.

I am andand! Woo!

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

I found an old thread about trenches on the WWI: mod for ETW, and there, you can see a really amazing trench model made by S-te-Fan .

This is the link:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...227939&page=36

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

I see no trench model, just a ship.

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    I see no trench model, just a ship.
    Well next to the ship model you can see the trench model

I posted the picture of the trench:

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

There is no way in hell that is implementable..

I would love to here how they think that could have been used..

I don't know, but he did that

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Flikitos View Post
    Well next to the ship model you can see the trench model

I posted the picture of the trench:

Yeah that guy is almost as good as i am

i think he was going more for how the treches are laid out and not so much using that exact model in game... but yeah without a map editor it useless

Xenophon13's Avatar Foederatus

could someone change the color on the trenches so they are not white?
    'Zog? What do you mean Zog?...' -Susan Ivanova

Quote Originally Posted by Xenophon13 View Post
    They aren't white, they're a dirty brown colour...
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Quote Originally Posted by Xenophon13 View Post
    Yes, easily, and its been done. I have no idea why its not in the mod yet.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

It is in the mod, thats why .

Quote Originally Posted by Josst View Post
    It is in the mod, thats why .
    Then the white trenches complaint really doesn't make any sense at all does it?
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

I've got an interesting idea for the trenches if they are made garrisonable. Maybe for a fortified army the troops can be ordered "inside" the trench. What I mean is that they would be at their positions inbthe trench, then ordered into "bunkers" or artillery resistant structures that look like part of the trech maze (similar to the above pic). This could allow you to better protect your troops from arty. If you're attacking the trench, you keep the enemy bottled up in their bunkers with arty while your infantry advance. This tactic was utilized by the brits in a tactic called the "creeping barrage". So it would have to take time for your troops to leave the bunkers and return to their normal combat positions in the trench.

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    Then the white trenches complaint really doesn't make any sense at all does it?
    Hence my answer above
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Thank you all for your answers, sad to here that that it would be that hard to implent trenches. Would add alot for both the gameplay and feeling to be a commander at the west front!

Grettings Charles XII

I just got this mod installed after searching around a bit. Fun to play and I have an idea for you. The vanilla version allows you to set up defensive structures should your army remain still for one full turn. The infantry get anti-rifle and anti-cav structures while artillery are encased in sandbags that offer protection against everything except cavalry. Perhaps you could use that structure as a base to create trenches? I forget the name of the structure, Cabionade?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast