Thread: ChivalryTW is recruiting

Default ChivalryTW is recruiting

I never thought I would post one of these threads, but the current situation leaves me with no choice. My interest in modding is decreasing and I nolonger want to spend the amount of time on modding that I did before.
    On top of that, I've seen highly talented people join new mods while the chiv team (about 6 people, with me doing 90% of the work) hasn't seen any new teammembers since about 6 months ago, and not a single new modeller or skinner since the first day this mod was started. I can't deny this has caused me some frustration, considering the amount of time and work I spend on this mod. I always thought that people would automatically offer their services without the need of a thread like this, but the ones who did join like that disappeared a couple of days later without doing any real work.

I've decided to focus my attention on the graphical aspect of the mod, because talented modellers/3D artists are a lot harder to find then text editors. What we're looking for is:

Campaignmap Editor:
    Needs to be familiar with the RTW campmap editor and have basic knowledge of photoshop. A good knowledge of all the campaignmap related TXT files is also necessary. The campaignmap is already ~60% done, but I nolonger want to spend my time on this.

Campaignmap Scripter:
    We're looking for someone familiar to RTW scripting. Things like crusades and advancing through the Era's are done with scripts, and there has virtualy been no progress on this other then testing some ideas. Very good knowledge of RTW scripting required.

Others:
    Obviously other talents such as 3D modellers are also welcome, but most of the models unit models are already done or in progress. However we still need a lot of battlemap buildings; especially of russian, byzantine and muslim architecture.

If this thread gives no results then I fear Chivalry won't be completed until somewere at the end of next year ~
    A new game development studio focusing on historical strategy games
    http://www.the-artistocrats.com

DR. Hobo. PHD.'s Avatar Campidoctor

maybe you guys and byzantium could work somthing out?
    that really sucks cause i looked forward to seeing this mod come out....

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

I really hope you guys get some people, the same thing happened to my mod : NATW, we had great optimism, but the lack of new talent killed us, i hope you guys dont have the same fat, cuz you guys have done a ton of A-grade work. Please help these guys, their giving you a Huge Medieval Total War Mod for The RTW engine! What more can you ask for?

i i didnt have enough on my plate right now, i would be the first to sign up

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Quote Originally Posted by antiochus epiphanes
    maybe you guys and byzantium could work somthing out?
    that really sucks cause i looked forward to seeing this mod come out....
    I'm open to discussions. :original:

And I'm sad about this, cuz I want to see Chiv finished earlier....
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

I think this kind of thing is getting far too common place. I'm beginning to feel like the community is seriously slowing down in the modding scene. I seriously think some kind of unification needs to take place. A consolidation of sorts really, since at the moment, the whole community seems fractured and weak
    morecuriousthanbold.com

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

Please chivalry,TW, i suggest your team ( As well as all other teams) to join the NTO

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27

That way, every1 can share resources and have better progress. That is the unification the MOD community needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalins Ghost
    I think this kind of thing is getting far too common place. I'm beginning to feel like the community is seriously slowing down in the modding scene. I seriously think some kind of unification needs to take place. A consolidation of sorts really, since at the moment, the whole community seems fractured and weak
    i agree with this whole heartedly.
    im sick of seeing so many mods fail
    i just like looking at the units

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Im very sorry for your frustaction,as i say in my post " to many mods ..." the people wants to be a leader of his own project ,like vlad , darth or LT1582 or any thing,they want to see his name in the top , no person wants be personage in second plan ,mainly if has talent,therefore is to hard you find good assistants.
    I try your Beta verion few months ago ,and it seemed very good ,it seemed to be already in an advanced state,but suddenly stops,i think is because you try to change to BI or 1.3 ,I know that in medieval age the religion are to important ,but the BI conversion seems to be more hard ,better if you keep with 1.2.
    Yours mod would be one of the best ones ,do not give up.
    Sory my :wub:**english.

Master Nikolaos's Avatar Decanus

I have to agree that the spring of multiple mods related to the same topic is very frustrating. I can't understand why some people don't:

1. Realize that making a full mod between a handfull of people is very hard and tidious

2. Some ideas by individuals might actually be protected in a large mod instead of being squashed down by scarcity of modding resources or personel.

3. People should start to consider the awsome mods which could be produced if only more people were willing to put their differences aside and attemp unification with larger mods.

4. As mentioned above, there are so many mods about the same topic(or very close to some others) that competition will get in the way and lead no where, even if that competition is not stated directly.

In my opinion, some of the Crusader mods should be helping out Chivalry(as they will be able to realize their ideas much faster while adding to the modding community) and other mods about greeks, Napoleonic era, etc should do likewise. It's MUCH EASIER! and it helps the modding community evolve instead of divolve.

I don't agree to that.

There is more to the different mods than the time period, it's gameplay and just sheer "feeling". It's like RTR and EB working together, that wouldn't work. Or EB and CA. I'm self working on age of vikings and fanatics, and want a dark rusty mood, where I guess others go for the more MTW thing. Being historical takes time, and thats one place two mods from same period may differ. (AoVaF are someplace in between, more against the historical correct but not Eb fanatic). Also, whole stat system, the amount to redo (chivTW; all cities, wow), the trust between team members that they like what the other members do graphically, music, graphical style on skinned units, and so on.

I want to make a mod of a time where the sorry lifes of those who lived in it is worth zero, the armour covered in rust and dirt, and where heroes are few in numbers. It should be pure metal in the disguise of a game. This reminds me of a hymn

"...Where long forgotten heroes
    sang of victory
    And drank ales
    to old memories."

cheers

Ussaid the Hashshashin's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: ChivalryTW is recruiting

Oh my,
    I never thought that chivalry total war was having problem recruiting.
    But still it is fun to read TWC's history!!!
    The Face of Murder

"Have any of you ever felt your imagination going wild reading ancient lore?"

Your signature says you're a Muslim, but I think you're a heretical necromancer. Look at the date of the last post man! This mod has long been released.

The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

I know that!!!
    I am currently playing it in windowed mod!!!
    The Face of Murder

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Lol ... just stumbled about it. I hope a moderator sees this and closes the thread soon.

Go here, if somebody wants to comment about ChivTW.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ussaid_modder View Post
    Oh my,
    I never thought that chivalry total war was having problem recruiting.
    But still it is fun to read TWC's history!!!
    Well, the high times of ChivTW's recruitment was then in 2006, not managed so much via TWC, but via SCC (StratCommanderCenter), the old and original dev home of ChivTW's development, a TW fansite which vanished quite some years ago.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 05, 2012 at 05:04 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I don't think it matters anymore. This thread now has much, much more meaning beyond Chivalry TW. We've just witnessed the tremendous unholy power of a level 94 necromancer. He ressurected a thread from 2005!.... 2005! What madness could drive a man to partake in such black arts? A man who hast becometh the Grim Reaper himself!
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

but you suppoted the unholy necromancer by quoting his posts!
    The Face of Murder

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

... at least the thread provides some fun now.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

When Adherbal would has been making this thread he will never had thought that this will become a chat thread!
    Well they say that you never know!
    The Face of Murder