Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Dawn of War II: Retribution

Default Re: Dawn of War II: Retribution

Well Khorne must be a regular Jenna Jameson then.

How powerful is the Nightbringer supposed to be anyways?

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

No idea, I am under an impression that Nightbringer is just an insane C'tan that has little brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

The Outsider is the insane one or at least most insane. The Nightbringer just really likes to kill things.

No, both Outsider and Nightbringer are insane as they eat their own kind under the trick of Deceiver; however, the difference between those two are Outsider actually exile itself while Nightbringer shamelessly stay in Galaxy.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    No, both Outsider and Nightbringer are insane as they eat their own kind under the trick of Deceiver; however, the difference between those two are Outsider actually exile itself while Nightbringer shamelessly stay in Galaxy.
    Just correcting a couple points from this post:

The Laughing God only tricked the Outsider into consuming other C'tan, while the Deceiver convinced the Nightbringer to do the same. The rest followed suit. I am not saying that the Nightbringer is sane, but at least by the standards of C'tan, he seems perfectly reasonable. Also, there is no mention of consuming C'tan having any adverse effect on the Nightbringer; it is implied that the Laughing God did something to cause consuming other C'tan to drive the Outsider insane. (Pages 25 and 28 of 3rd edition Necron Codex)

As to Khorne vs The Nightbringer? It would really depend on what kind of contest. Khorne is undoubtedly much more powerful overall, what with his Greater Daemons being Nightbringer equivalents, but the Nightbringer has much more freedom of movement in the Materium, and since all his power is based in the Materium, the Nightbringer has more or equal power where it matters: The galaxy. But a fight in the Warp? Not a chance in he-"cough" the Warp that the Nightbringer would win.

Quote Originally Posted by Dargaron View Post
    The Laughing God only tricked the Outsider into consuming other C'tan, while the Deceiver convinced the Nightbringer to do the same. The rest followed suit. I am not saying that the Nightbringer is sane, but at least by the standards of C'tan, he seems perfectly reasonable. Also, there is no mention of consuming C'tan having any adverse effect on the Nightbringer; it is implied that the Laughing God did something to cause consuming other C'tan to drive the Outsider insane. (Pages 25 and 28 of 3rd edition Necron Codex)
    I am under the impression that Necron 3rd edition is already out of canon, no?

I should hope not! It's been our only codex for the past eight years. And it's pretty much the only source of info on Necrons, not counting C.S. Goto's Dawn of War omnibus and the Ultramarines novel Nightbringer.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

I should hope not! It's been our only codex for the past eight years. And it's pretty much the only source of info on Necrons, not counting C.S. Goto's Dawn of War omnibus and the Ultramarines novel Nightbringer.
    Yes, but be ready for a 180 degree turn in the fluff in the next year or so when the new one comes out. C'tan are going to be relegated to cosmic horror plot devices as far as I know and no longer be the focus of everything. Necrons will finally get some character/ lack thereof.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

How can one of the only sources of Info on the Necrons not be cannon. Their extra fluff in the Imperial Armour books, Apocalypse Books, Battlefleet Gothic books and such simply expands their background.
    Art //

Just correcting a couple points from this post:

As to Khorne vs The Nightbringer? It would really depend on what kind of contest. Khorne is undoubtedly much more powerful overall, what with his Greater Daemons being Nightbringer equivalents, but the Nightbringer has much more freedom of movement in the Materium, and since all his power is based in the Materium, the Nightbringer has more or equal power where it matters: The galaxy. But a fight in the Warp? Not a chance in he-"cough" the Warp that the Nightbringer would win.
    Did we mention our god has a sword that can tear holes in reality?

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

What do you think about blood raven s story?Will it end in a bad way?Will they all die or turn into chaos?Or will it be a happy ending?Like they kill kyras and gabriel angelos becomes chapter master.Or any other.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    What do you think about blood raven s story?Will it end in a bad way?Will they all die or turn into chaos?Or will it be a happy ending?Like they kill kyras and gabriel angelos becomes chapter master.Or any other.
    No chance for a happy ending here. Sorry this is WH40K after all. Most likely what will happen is that Blood Ravens will fight and kill Kyras (if he returns to the Materium) but will be discovered by the Inquisition and be violently and suddenly purged as a chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    No chance for a happy ending here. Sorry this is WH40K after all. Most likely what will happen is that Blood Ravens will fight and kill Kyras (if he returns to the Materium) but will be discovered by the Inquisition and be violently and suddenly purged as a chapter.
    I doubt it; Inquisition generally has mercy show on Space Marines that are not corrupted. More possible, Gabriel Angelos may reveal his own evil plan to take over the chapter into Chaos side.

The second option seems kind of counter productive after having eliminated many traitors.

Didn't you know that the Eye of Terror was actually the result of the universe refusing to accept Gabriel Angelos gettin' funky with Macha the ever virgin?

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|9|Lord_Max View Post
    Didn't you know that the Eye of Terror was actually the result of the universe refusing to accept Gabriel Angelos gettin' funky with Macha the ever virgin?
    Don't really bother me since sex is not in my domain.

You would think one would look up the comedian's version of the creation of the Eye of Terror but i guess humour is not your domain.

You would think one would look up the comedian's version of the creation of the Eye of Terror but i guess humour is not your domain.
    Wow you get annoyed when people don't laugh at 1d4chan humour.
    Art //

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    Wow you get annoyed when people don't laugh at 1d4chan humour.
    Where did i say i was annoyed?
    Is this a Freudian way of saying you are annoyed?

Where did i say i was annoyed?
    Is this a Freudian way of saying you are annoyed?
    It was the way that you said 'humour was that that guys domain'.
    Art //