Page 97 of 112 FirstFirst ... 477287888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 2235

Thread: RS II: Post your empires here!

Default Re: RS II: Post your empires here!

Amazing Empires
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

You dont't know how bad i wanted t trply to your post with Amazing Grace.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by century x View Post
    Amazing Empires
    Romans...

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

Makes me so happy whenever I manage to avoid the first rebellion.

Can you even do that ithout not using the script.

TheJim's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Pe Ell View Post
    You can, but doing so before the second rebellion is a sure way to cause CTDs.

Update on my Roman campaign, had a nice no computer x-mas and new year so time to get back in the front.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

H/M, 0-turns.
    I've broken the great camp feast near Byzantion. 15+ Armenian stacks were sitting outside the citys wall and across the straits. Armenia have been throwing soldiers at that place for a long time now. Doing the math the continous battles for that city over the course of 25 year or so must have costed nearly half a million troops their lifes, most of them Armenian. Now I am pushing across modern day turkey with the main of my force while 4 legions landed near Antiocheia for some backstabbing and to cut of reinforcemence. Working well. Also noticing that Armenia was weak in the north I opted to push down and take some naked cities with the forces that were consolidating the sarmatian lands, 3 legions and 2 support auxilia armies.

I've also done some covert warfare to soften them up before my attack, blocking all their ports and plague-spy bombing.
    Take the last few cities on the syrian/egyptian coast and then you'll be able to disband your entire mediterranean fleet, which should give you an injection of cash (which you probably don't even need)

Pirates will still spawn so they will be needed.

PrayForRain- if you're playing on H/VH it will be a very tough battle from either perspective; the high casualties will usually prevent you from quickly overrunning the other's nearby territories too quickly. Hire a lot of mercenaries if you want to keep up the momentum of your offensive.

Something to think about: if the Seleucids garrison Jerusalem too strongly, bypass it and raid Antiochiea, it literally provides half of the income and over half the high quality units at the beginning of the game for the Seleucids. Reducing the city to the basics and withdrawing will set them back a good 40 turns or more, by the time they rebuild Antiochiea they'll be fighting the Parthians and possibly the Armenians (not to mention the endless rebels in their empire), so you can take their Syrian provinces in a more leasurely fashion.

FYI: I only play 1 turn campaigns.

Civis

@TheJim: Yeah, money isn't really my biggest issue at this stage. I was struggling a lot after the second rebellion with that, had a lot of unupgraded cities rebelling and barbarians encroaching on my borders. But by now I make 450k+ per turn while building 2 stacks a turn. And boats are good at ferrying troops to the front since the Armenia hasn't build roads anywhere. Silly them.

@Verael: Guess who just attacked me? T_T Cataphracts everywhere!
    Plans within plans...

not sure but i think that in all the non-seleucid campaigns the seleucid empire is provided with advanced recruitment centers in most of his cities: i remeber when i played a parthian campaign that i found elite recruitment centers ( or how the hell they are called) in many of the cities i conquered

Well that means they must have had loads of Huge Cities, which means you waited forever to conquer them.

Domesticus

Meh cba to play as Dacia.

Oh well back to slaughtering legions on my Cimbrii campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Can you even do that ithout not using the script.
    If you defeat Hannibal in the first turn and capture Genoa in the second then divaster is averted.

Thats pretty gamey.

Thats pretty gamey.
    Tis good because the rebellion itself wouldn't have occured if Hannibal had been defeated straight away.

Rome players need the extra challenge of it though.

Rome players need the extra challenge of it though.
    Well it's easy enough to defeat,mass all surviving southern forces at Rhegion or Tarrentun,whichever stays loyal as well as the force at Dyrrachium (if you don't want it) and the Sicily force,move your northern army (which should have by then defeated hannibal and taken Genoa) and take the cities back one by one) All it does is set me back 10 turns.

Well at least the AI understands Boats are faster on ALX. You can see about 8-ish stacks and 5 boats all but one are filled atm.

Domesticus

The year was 596 a.u.c when the word reached the Spartan King that the Romans had declared war on his nation, following our conquest of the jewel Syracuse.

Surprised the King reacted: Ro-who?
    Romans, my lord! They've attacked us!War is upon us!
    Steal yourself boy!You're a Spartan. Now who are these romans you speak of?
    Sigh...nevermind, just order the invasion of Italy.
    Ah! Now you're talking! Assemble the armies! Ready the navy for Spartan Wrath is about to fall on......erm...who were they again?
    Romans sir, romans.....
    Romans!!!!!

There, a bit of cheap and silly RP to describe my spartan campaign.

el Cid's Avatar Campidoctor

I have currently played two campaigns (none of which are completed, both 0-turn).

One Roman campaign:

The battle against Hannibal, which I won.

A close victory against Carthage, in this battle they fielded very advanced troops, giving me a hard time.

My faction leader, Nepos, also known as "Hannibal's Bane". Died a few turns after this picture was taken, currently the Nepos family is still the ruling family in Rome, replacing the Maximus family.

This campaign was furthered many turns, though I have no pic of it. I have meanwhile captured all of Greece and north Africa (except the westernmost settlement). The Gallaeci and Carthaginians have allied against me. Eventually I gave up on Emporiae, as it just cost too much to hold. It was captured by the Carthaginians and revolted a few turns after. The reforms have taken place and so far 4 legions have been raised, one in Africa, two in northern Italy (to keep the Cimbri at bay), and one trained in Rome on its way to Greece to hold of the Macedonians.

One Spartan campaign

This one has been much more enjoyable than my Roman campaign, due to starting with only one settlement and expanding from there on (this I find much more enjoyable). I have furthered this many turns and have taken western anatolia (killing Pergamon and taking several Egyptian settlements) and Syracuse in addition to my empire.

My standard army (which would be trained in Sparta or Athens), would consist of a general, a unit of Promachoi (which is used as additional bodyguards), six heavy phalangites, six units of Spartan Hoplites, four units of Spartan archers and two of heavy cavalry. This army has fought many battles so far, and is in dire need of retraining.