Page 95 of 112 FirstFirst ... 4570858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2235

Thread: RS II: Post your empires here!

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: RS II: Post your empires here!

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Speirs View Post

Can't help but think about the car brand... (especially the firebird... that car is awesome)
    yeah...but the real beautys are only the first series 67-69..they are awesome...
    Attachment 197906
    the 71-74 series is ok to certain extend
    Attachment 197907
    but everything after 77 with the square double lights are crap not to mention this knight rider abomination...urrrgggg
    Attachment 197908

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Who needs empires when you got cars, amirite.

Domesticus

Freaking finally! Actually managed to go somewhere with the Cimbrii.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    Freaking finally! Actually managed to go somewhere with the Cimbrii.
    Show us show us
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by century x View Post
    Show us show us
    Nothing big yet, still have a humble empire. But instead of being run over by everyone, im the one doing it now.

Btw i just love Marconni Nobles.
    Last edited by Grimbold; January 04, 2012 at 12:54 AM.

Domesticus

Well since i've extended my empire considerably since i made the previous post i figured i should post an image.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Faction: Cimbrii
    Difficulty: Hard campaign / Medium battles.
    Year: 644 a.u.c

At war with:
    - Rome
    - Dacia
    - Greek City States
    - Rebels

Description:
    Well i said i finally made it somewhere with the Cimbrii cause i tried something different than what i had done in previous (failed) attempts. Starting position was always a bit tricky, with your only decent city and recruitment center being up north and the only way to expand (if you want it to be) is south, a territory that is crawling with rebel stacks. Before i was taking the towns and going back and forth for retraining leaving said towns unprotected. The rebel pressure combined with other factions declaring war was too much for one single stack, since there wasn't enough economic growth to make a second one.

So what i did was avoid early expansion, make a stack of mediocre units (first tier spearmen and swordsmen) and go around the mentioned territory and destroy any stack i could find. On this phase i fought all the battles myself. I say this because at this moment, i can safely say that this campaign has been 30% of the battles handled by me and 70% auto resolved (yes i am one of those). As soon as the land was more clear of this annoying rebels i started taking some towns.

Then, the path of conquest started on the west, by me declaring war on the Belgae eventually ending up with me kicking them out of Gaul. They've conquered Britain and remain there now. While doing this, my allies the Boii attacked me. After destroying 3-4 stacks, i took all of their domains in eastern Europe. At this phase i only had Dacia as my ally.

The Avernii declared war and i had one stack dealing with. At this point my economy was booming and i could afford better troops. The conquest of Gaul culminated in the making of a veteran army. Meanwhile in the east, the Romans dared attack me.

Funny thing about Romans. Early in the campaign they tried to expand in Iberia, waging war with Carthage and eventually controlling the eastern coast. They failed to do so and then tried to unite southern Gaul, but, by this time i already was at their door and i kicked them out of said zone, although i've lost Massalia to them a few years later. And then they tried to establish a foothold in Greece, battling the Macedonians, but failed as well.
    I cut their eastern effort by giving Patavium over to Dacia (former allies now), in fact i gave several towns to those bastards, but they ended up betraying me.

The conquest of Dacia, which had a considerable domain, was a quick one, for most of their towns had full or almost full upgraded barracks, which eased the retraining of my troops. Most of the cities were conquered with raiding parties (called them that cause they aren't full stacks). Just in case, as you may know, the Cimbrii, Dacians and Galleacia share barracks, so in my case i can retrain my units using Dacian or Gallaecian barracks.

At the present moment, im dealing with the romans in southern Gaul and i've reduced the Dacians to 2 towns. The romans seemed to be in a transition phase since their armies have "Roman Legionary" or something.

Oh and the army you see in the picture is, more or less, my standard setup. No, i dont use bear or wolf warriors. Im not a big fan of units which are greatly bounded by their area of recruitment, which in their case, confines them to the Danish peninsula.

That's it and sorry for the wall of text

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

No archers? I can go with not getting loads of elite units like the wolf warriors etc, but that's because I find a few units of archers helps in most cases. Mind you, you've obviously not needed to fight any HA stacks yet because doesn't look like you'd last long.

Still, impressive empire. Cimbri are not bad so long as you can clear out all the rebel scum as you did.

Well since i've extended my empire considerably since i made the previous post i figured i should post an image.

Take Britannia. If you have a booming economy split your armies in half and that that island. Or the Italian Peninsula

And Nice empire +rep
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Domesticus

ybbon: As i said the setup is pretty much the standard, except for a few changes, which are essentially ranged units. This one has slingers because, as previously mentioned, i was auto resolving a lot and the Cimbrii archer unit is made up of only 50 men, unlike most archer units from other factions, and it was pissing me off that they were dieing so fast while the rest of the army was in great shape, thus forcing me to pull back to retrain those sissies . But my other 2 armies have archers, or a mix between archer/slinger/skirmishers.

Century X: I can't be arsed to move into Britannia now. Italy on the other hand, home to the Roman dogs, is probably where it's gonna be at. It's gonna take lots of time...Italy always does .

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Century X: I can't be arsed to move into Britannia now. Italy on the other hand, home to the Roman dogs, is probably where it's gonna be at. It's gonna take lots of time...Italy always does .
    Oh puhlease!!! We know you "quite" enjoy your Italian expeditions, the bloodier the better

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ybbon66 View Post
    Oh puhlease!!! We know you "quite" enjoy your Italian expeditions, the bloodier the better
    True that, but it just takes sooooo much time. That bloody "emergency script" just spawns stacks out of thin air.

Verael's Avatar Foederatus

Here is my Roman Empire:

Hard campaign/medium battles.
    589 A.U.C

I'm in war with Egypt and Cimbri now and i'm winning both them. Germans suddenly attacked Noricum and Rhaetia, but my brave X legion killed them all(two and the half armies), but was almost destroyed( Then my legions leaded by Dictator attacked enemies cities on west and south:

Also my brave legions almost conquered Egypt.
    The bravest legion was III Scythica Parthica who defeated 4 Ptolemaic armies (2 and next another two). Now the remains of this legion(about 187 men) are resting in Palmira garnison. Parts of Legio III Flavia Felix now sieging Lybian cities, guarding Armenian borders (Armenians lost the war, and also lost Kappadocia and western parts of Armenia) and serving in Syrian garnisons.

The incidious Britons began to land on the Belgium coast. Legio III Gallica(first part of it, the second one is in German lands) defeated easily their army. The will regret of this attack, I'll land in Britain and show to this barbarians the power of Roman arms!

P.S: About year, it's "4 turns per year" submod) And sorry for my poor English

Domesticus

Let me guess... 0 turn mode

You guessed right and won the prize. I'll send a legion to bring it to you)

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

Romans.....the deader, the better .....

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by ybbon66 View Post
    No archers? I can go with not getting loads of elite units like the wolf warriors etc, but that's because I find a few units of archers helps in most cases. Mind you, you've obviously not needed to fight any HA stacks yet because doesn't look like you'd last long.

Still, impressive empire. Cimbri are not bad so long as you can clear out all the rebel scum as you did.
    My immediate reaction upon reading your post.

Verael, in 2nd screen show legio I minerva is laying siege to the city of Thebas, it seems to me that the first cohort of the legion wasn't there, where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by military tribune View Post
    Verael, in 2nd screen show legio I minerva is laying siege to the city of Thebas, it seems to me that the first cohort of the legion wasn't there, where is it?
    The first cohort remained in Alexandria, and the second and third were in Memphis)

Do you use random sized legions or what? Gallica legion seems to have 14 cohorts and Victrix 11.

They're quite random sized, for example Gallica had even 18 cohorts and no infantry and archer auxilia at first, it was recruted in hurry to conquer Gauls, then it was separated into two parts, one with 13 cohorts and others with sarmatian cavalary stayed in Belgium.
    IIII Flavia Felix had even 25, cause I thought this legion would be defeated in Armenia, and I recruted some more legionaries to defend Cappadicia, but it survived, won three or more great battles and still serving with many cororts all over the Asia and Egypt.