Page 9 of 112 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Post your empires here!

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Post your empires here!

Always a good idea to have multiple saves and leapfrog them

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

thatīs why I always use the toggle_fow cheat. I dislike to see the map in black and have to discovering all..

Marcus_Vipsanius's Avatar Semisalis

I started my campaign with disbanding my two 'overseas'-provinces, cause I didn't feel like battling on 3-4 borders at one time. I shipped both armies to help me beat Hannibal. What happened? One luckily made it, but my other full stack army never made it. They were attacked by Carthaginian Navy just outside Massilia.

And after I beat Hannibal suddenly there's also this uprising in Capua, Tarentum and Cannae. So, what an amazing start of my campaign... Had like 4-5 armies, lost 2-3 armies.

I slowly rebuilded everything, waited and see wat happened and once I thought I was strong enough again I went north to conquer northern Italy. Luckily the Carthaginian gave me a break and offered me a ceasefire witch lasted a long time actually.

After conquering Northern Italy, kicking the Greeks outta Surrakusai I had to deal with the Avernii who were a pain. The Macedons also, but after conquering Segestica and putting a few armies on their doorstep they offered me a ceasefire. The Avernii were also attacking my allies the Belgae so I had to help them. After conquering Gaul from the Avernii, the first thing my Belgae allies did was attacking me. I attacked their provinces on the mainland and forced them to move to Brittain.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Carthaginians in their campaign were about to sweep the Gallaeci off the map and were already moving some armies near and over my border. After uniting Italy and conquering Gaul it was time for the Punic war III! I invaded Emporiae, my given up province, and Carthage. With the Carthaginian armies moving to the north and the south, the Gallaeci found a second breath and were giving the Carthagenians a hard time.

I have now conquered all of Africa, Gaul and Spain (except the last province of the Gallaeca that I'm now besieging)
    The Belgae are giving me a hard time, constantly invading from Brittain buy I either attack their packed ships or use my old Polybian Cohorts to keep them in shape. I will send the veteran armies of the Punic War on retirement in Brittain.

Luckily, on my eastern border while I was fighting the Carthaginians, the situation is that they are all at war with eachother and it looks like I'm play Sparta Surrectum; the Spartans have conquered all of Greece and are now slowly taking Macedonian land up north. A very interesting twist in my campaign and I'm looking forward to meet with them.

Edit: Will post a screenie of my latest savegame.

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get him as soon as you can, strike him as hard as you can and keep moving on.
    (Ulysses S. Grant)

ROMA SURRECTUM II-FAN

Spartan Campaign:

Current Situation:

Financial:

Allies and enemies:
    Xerxes: Come Leonidas, let us reason together. It would be a regrettable waste. It would be nothing short of madness for you, brave king, and your valiant troops to perish. All because of a simple misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
    King Leonidas: Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.

Update on my Roman campaign

Map, 590 A.U.C.

And here are the Spartans

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get him as soon as you can, strike him as hard as you can and keep moving on.
    (Ulysses S. Grant)

ROMA SURRECTUM II-FAN

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

I notice in a lot of Roman Campaigns people expand so fast, compared the time-frame they are technically in.

I mean in that picture that Marcus_Vipsanius just showed, he has all of Spain, Africa, and pretty much all of Gaul, and it's still 163 B.C..

So the historical nut inside me is going a bit crazy to see Gaul and Northern Spain conquered by 163 BC, hehe. But naturally, I understand it's a game in the end, and not everyone tries to play Historical, and who knows if you even afford to that in RS II.

I'll see how far I get in my Roman Campaign, and I'll probably give the first screenies of it tonight, and trust me, it won't be nowhere as cool as the other Roman campaigns, as I'm pretty slow when it comes to expanding, lol.

Update on my roman H,VH campaign.....I am just a few settlements away from the big roman rebellion
    The only cheat i always use is toggle_fow i hate this black fow over my areas
    Last edited by Archontis; September 13, 2010 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mp84 View Post
    I notice in a lot of Roman Campaigns people expand so fast, compared the time-frame they are technically in.

I mean in that picture that Marcus_Vipsanius just showed, he has all of Spain, Africa, and pretty much all of Gaul, and it's still 163 B.C..

So the historical nut inside me is going a bit crazy to see Gaul and Northern Spain conquered by 163 BC, hehe. But naturally, I understand it's a game in the end, and not everyone tries to play Historical, and who knows if you even afford to that in RS II.

I'll see how far I get in my Roman Campaign, and I'll probably give the first screenies of it tonight, and trust me, it won't be nowhere as cool as the other Roman campaigns, as I'm pretty slow when it comes to expanding, lol.
    I know how you feel only i don't mind so much about the time frame so much as the order in which things are conquerd. For me always it is italy, carthaginan spain, africa, rest of spain greece, western asia minor, gaul, then its the east in no paticular order then finally briton. The closest i got to this was up to gaul on an early RS II campaign

My new H/H Greek City-States campaign. Not much of an empire so far, but I've nearly conquered the Spartans.

Pretty big battle going on here.

My battle lines. Look at that hill advantage

So much epic scenery to enjoy...

The enemy Spartans rout after being nearly enveloped.

Tremendous victory which leaves a path to Sparta wide open.

My tiny empire.

My only complaint about the game so far is the Greek economy. I only a few turns in and I have nearly 100,000 denarii.
    The rest of the game is spot-on. The diversity of the units throughout the various Greek-controlled areas is amazing. Battles are slow, but real-life battles didn't exactly take 10 minutes now did they?

This is my Cimbri campaign. I haven't been in war with any other faction so far and everything seems to go quite well.

PurPul's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Arvenides View Post
    This is my Cimbri campaign. I haven't been in war with any other faction so far and everything seems to go quite well.

Where did you get the Terra Incognita province? I just assumed that was a blank piece of map! I am also playing with Cimbri and I will put some pics up, but I must know where Terra Incognita is.

Quote Originally Posted by PurPul View Post
    Where did you get the Terra Incognita province? I just assumed that was a blank piece of map! I am also playing with Cimbri and I will put some pics up, but I must know where Terra Incognita is.
    You get the Terra Incognita province when you take the city of the island Gotland (Aland), east of Sweden. Strangely, they also state that you own the entire southern North Africa and Arabia after the conquest of the city.

Siegfriedfr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by lilmonty94 View Post

The rest of the game is spot-on. The diversity of the units throughout the various Greek-controlled areas is amazing. Battles are slow, but real-life battles didn't exactly take 10 minutes now did they?
    But in real life you didn't have a pitched batle every 3 minutes either

Quote Originally Posted by mp84 View Post

You ARE the Senate! ;-)

No, jk, it's a game so how you expand is either. The way I do is 'historical'; I try to form +/- historical armies (so no 10 centuria of prima pilae, except for the artillery I can't work with), no double named armies, etc.
    It's just more convenient in the game to completely swipe a nation of the map than to ceasefire the moment you've met your historical border. That's because the AI will be sending stacks just one turn after the ceasefire.

(Ulysses S. Grant)

ROMA SURRECTUM II-FAN

Quote Originally Posted by Arvenides View Post
    You get the Terra Incognita province when you take the city of the island Gotland (Aland), east of Sweden. Strangely, they also state that you own the entire southern North Africa and Arabia after the conquest of the city.
    It's supposed not to be taken!

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Themis's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfriedfr View Post
    But in real life you didn't have a pitched batle every 3 minutes either
    I do.......

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

(Edit: Also notice that some screenshots have some blackness in it but still very legible to make out what's going on, so sorry about that, hopefully I'll have better luck the next time I take screenshots)

As promised, here are my screenies of my Roman Republic at 551, and as a treat, I'll be showcasing probably one of the most amazing battles I've had yet.

First, the back-story.. (Difficulty is H/H btw)

The conquest of Southern Iberia to kick out the vile Carthaginians is in full swing, and since I decided to hold onto Emporiae at all costs, it paid off, as I was able to use that city as a platform for my invasion into Southern Iberia. After a couple of successful battles with my city garrisons there, my Legions, 3 stacks of 20 units each, finally arrived there, and now it was time for a serious push into Southern Iberia.

It looked like the strong garrison that I had in Emporiae thinned out the Carthagian numbers, because I noticed the first city, Sagunton was lighly defended, and was able to lay siege, quickly take the town. But I knew it was going to be hard eventually, as I saw some 2-3 stacks I think coming down from Africa to Iberia, so I knew I had to be quick as possible. So the Invasion continued, I sent one Legion to Baikor to lay siege there, and I sent my two main Legions, for the prize of Southern Iberia of Carthage, Carthago Nova. And the result, see below!

(Yes those are a lot of assassins I gotta deal with lol) However, there was a consequence to that, when I was re-organizing my armies, for the next and final part of my invasion in taking Gadir and officially kicking the Carthigians out of Iberia, a full army stack of Carthage came up from somewhere (As you can see from the screenshot, I thought I had a good strategic placements of my towers, and there's no way the Armies that were traveling from Africa would have gotten there yet) and attacked my 5 Star General, and overall commander of my Legions down in Iberia, Tiberius Sempronius Longus (He's the general that starts in Sardinia if you start a campaign from scratch). The result, was not pretty, I could not retreat, and 3 Polybian Cohorts, the General, and 1 Allied Skimisher were decimated, and my Overall Commander killed.

So, that same Carthaginian army that killed my Iberian Commander by Baikor, came down and tried to see if they can take back Carthago Nova, but ohh was that a mistake for them as I had almost a full Legion inside the city, and 2 outside of it, and my vengeance was complete, with a passion, at least for now.

Ironically the AI wasn't that bad as I thought it would be for this fight (It seems no matter what when you have more then 2 armies going into the fight, even if you turn off the AI button, which I sworn I did, the AI still takes over for you, which is annoying) but it did kill one of my generals, Aulus Hortensius Hortalus, who was the Governor of Carthago Nova

As shown earlier in the first screenshot, I kept a good chunk of my legions around Carthage Nova just to make sure there were not any more surprises. Thinking that I can now move into Gadir, and probably snatch that before the Carthage Troops from Africa came down, as I did have another Legion coming down from Rome lead by one of my Family Members, Decimus Fabius Maximus, who seem to have picked up a lot of his good Father's habits.

I sent my 2nd best commander, who has now taken charge of the Iberia Campaign, Spurius Iunis Brutus to see if I can grab Gadir before those reinforcements come down from Africa, unfortunately I misjudged how close they actually where, and now my new Iberian commander was going to be in for a fight of his life.

I did have one advantage if anything, the troops that were being commanded by the Carthaginians were mostly made up of Early Libyan Spearman, and Lucina Infantry (But naturally better command stars), so technically Roman discipline,courage, and equipment should hopefully be an advantage of I get a battlefield with good terrain and It turns it I totally did, as seen below, I was going to position my left flank against this impassible mountain.

Since the other side of the mountain could not be passed at all (Outside the battleground limits), my entire left side would be totally secure as long as my troops made it to that pass before the enemy got there, and then I at least would have a fighting chance, and as seen below I did make it there, and to hereeeeee they come.

So the battle continued on, and they really tried to push hard on the center and right flank, as that was the only viable option for them, but I also had my awesome 2 Campania Cavalry, 1 Medium Latin Calvary, and 1 Roman Equities ready for that.

And as you see, their Left Flank started to crumble, and it was only a matter of time before I got them on the run.

Finally, they all break, after this happens:

I still had the force of about 1200 to fight, but all my screenshots went bad after this last one in this particular battle (the Black Screen thing, bah), but the final result, was that 2nd army of 1200 that came at me, was repelled just like the first, and the other 5 star general died as well. The end result, was a Heroic Victory! (Only my 2nd one so far, as I got one very early in the first couple of turns against the Roman Rebels)

But, the fight wasn't over, as I still had to deal with this army:

Obviously they did not learn the lessons of their predecessors, and was able to hold the mountain pass again, and the final result

And now this is all that's left of the mighty Carthaginians in Gadir, for that matter Iberia:

So that city should be mine easily when I assault it tomorrow. Unfortunately, I guess Greece caught wind of my massive victory in Iberia, and decided they were tired of being my Allies, and so the battle for Sicily will begin tomorrow, but it seems they may have the advantage at first:

However, since I didn't disembark that Legion of Decimus Fabius Maximus yet, I'll just divert it to Sicily, and at the same time, units are being raised in Liliybaeum, so hopefully Arkagas can hold off just long enough for the reinforcements to get there.

What this means probably, is my conquest of Africa may be put on a hold for just a few turns and I'll turtle up my holdings in Southern Iberia till I sort out this Sicily situation and probably take the province that's near Genoa from Greece anyway, and also need to hope that Gallaeci doesn't attack me just yet (I did get an alliance with them the turn before)

And So more to come tomorrow most likely , in Case your curious, here's the other territories I have besides the starting ones:

Yes, I did end up giving up my starting province in Greece to the Macedonians, but the Romans never forget, so that will be mine again soon enough, lol.

And that's all for today. Well hope you enjoyed how my Roman Republic is turning out to be
    Last edited by mp84; September 14, 2010 at 04:40 AM.

Nice. Is this using my quicker battle stats? If so how long were those battles?

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

My scythian mini-empire. Any suggestions where to expand?(except for east and pontus)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

Concrete's Avatar Semisalis

Try and encircle the Black sea, should be interesting... having a ton of enemies, relying on naval transportation across to reinforce certain areas.
    ...It's a pretty silly idea, but at least it's original.
    Last edited by Concrete; September 14, 2010 at 08:28 AM.