Page 8 of 112 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Post your empires here!

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Post your empires here!

Yeah I noticed that too..I would change resolution possibly...?
    Xerxes: Come Leonidas, let us reason together. It would be a regrettable waste. It would be nothing short of madness for you, brave king, and your valiant troops to perish. All because of a simple misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
    King Leonidas: Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.

Just need to deselect "widescreen" in your video settings.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Ok, so here's a little campaign that i started just as a practice campaign to get used to the new mod, but then i started to get into it. So here's where I am so far:

First, after i got rid of that pest Hannibal and reunited Italy under one Rome, i started wondering where i should have expanded first. After about a 5 turn bout against Carthage over the bulk of Iberia, i worked for a while to make the populace orderly and build/repair the cities. after all that i started advancing through lands owned by the Gallaeci with a little makeshift army i put together with some of the garrisons, a few mercenaries, and a family member that just happened to be lingering about Iberia. With minimal effort I quickly besieged ant took two towns and am currently strolling through the rest of northern Iberia at a comfortable pace.

Meanwhile, I have moved all of my offensive army to southern Gaul where I plan to sweep through in a sort of Blitzkrieg fashion. I now realize that moving my entire army away from my borders was a mistake because now Dyrrhachium is being besieged by Macedonia. But i am not worried because i will regain it as soon as i start moving east.

So now, all of my armies are stationed in southern Gaul, waiting patiently in their little forts for my signal. i can only hope this will be successful because if not and my armies are defeated, my economy will take a long time to fully recover from the amount of recruitment and military spending to support these armies. My only fear is my lack of experienced generals or family members. This will most likely force me to personally command all the armies in their battles.

So thats where I am now. I'l keep updating as i move through my campaign
    Last edited by dontbannme; September 12, 2010 at 02:57 AM.

Update on my Belgae campaign, winter 580 AUC, h/h

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Gallaeci are very strong, as you can see they even invaded Africa! When none of my allies (Cimbri or Romans) attacks me, I think I ll go for them and conquer Spain. The Free People are a good buffer between me and the Cimbri, I gifted them 2 cities.
    Last edited by traxx91; September 12, 2010 at 05:37 AM.

You have nice empire, i just conquer British isle.

Cimbri update... my kingdom almost mirrors traxx' except for the color

Should I disinherit my successor and instead make his younger brother Cimberius prince? Would be a pity, since I have a direct line of ancestors, always with the first-born son, but Adgandestrius is really

Well, he's on a watchtower-building-mission in southern France right now ... alone

Well, IF he should encounter a Roman patrol, he'll surely fight for the last breath, this would be appropriate, no?

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Archontis View Post
    Edit: picture 2
    I have 56 regions and i've started the campaign yesterday so tomorow i will be able to trigger the big rebellion
    Where you able to trigger the big rebellion yet? Curious to see screenies on that

Here is my empire with Belgae, so far so good

I know its not really the correct place to post but I didn't want to create another thread for such a small question.

Anyone have any recommended factions to play as? I don't know who I want to be, I have played as Rome as just a starting campaign to get me used to the game but now I want a faction that starts off quite small so they are sort of the "underdogs" but they have good units (Infantry mainly) I dont really mind where they a situated I would rather be factions based in the east more than the barbarian factions of the north and west.

Thanks for the replies in advance.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy O View Post
    But i always have AA off anyway somehow RS2 fixed it....?
    It's because you don't use the in-game AA anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fall of Rome View Post
    I know its not really the correct place to post but I didn't want to create another thread for such a small question.

Anyone have any recommended factions to play as? I don't know who I want to be, I have played as Rome as just a starting campaign to get me used to the game but now I want a faction that starts off quite small so they are sort of the "underdogs" but they have good units (Infantry mainly) I dont really mind where they a situated I would rather be factions based in the east more than the barbarian factions of the north and west.

Thanks for the replies in advance.
    Try Pergamon.
    Last edited by apple; September 12, 2010 at 10:41 AM.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Ophiokhos's Avatar Laetus

My Greek City States campaign currently on H/M, Rome really hates me at the moment and keeps sending a lot of stacks towards Masallia. However taking Rhegion seems to have distracted them a bit. I also started a Gallaeci campaign as well on M/M to play as a break from the Greek City States campaign, it's going quite well. I'll post some pictures of that eventually when it gets bigger.
    Last edited by Ophiokhos; September 12, 2010 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    Try Pergamon.
    Thanks for the reply Apple, Just had a look at the roster and everything and I like em Think I shall give them a shot

I will upload some pictures soon.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Great.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

I forgot reset script few times and now i screw up my Belgae campaign. I will start with new factions now, maybe with Macedonia.
    Last edited by Praetorian121; September 12, 2010 at 03:31 PM.

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

ANYbody try the Seleucids yet?!?

I think seleucids are one of the hardest campaigns as always....in a few turns, Ptolemics,armenians and parthians beat you for all the corners of your empire..

chaney's Avatar Decanus

I have a Selc campaign running at the moment , post an update shortly !
    RIP Calvin

I found Rome a city of bricks and left it a city of marble
    . - Augustus Caeser

“It is not sufficient that I suceed - all others must fail.” - Genghis Khan

Seleucid Empire

Macedon just declared war on me. Fate of Alexander's empire is on hand....the Ptolemaics were a real pain, no matter what they refused to accept any peace deal I offered and continued to send armies at me when I was away on another campign. Time for serious Ptolemaic campaign now.

Edit: I gave up my eastern cities in the beginning and held parthia off as I went for the richer cities of Asia minor and Egypt.
    Last edited by S.W.A.T; September 12, 2010 at 07:28 PM.

Concrete's Avatar Semisalis

Damn my internet to hell, I wanted to be the first to upload a Selucid Empire.
    Ah well, it looks pretty damn grand, if I were you I would crush Parthia now, but that's me, I just dislike Parthia.
    Damn spainards, they seem to have gone a bit crazy.

EDIT: Damn, I certainly do enjoy damning things.

AAARGH!!!

I have just established my Baltic empire with the Cimbri and now the game keeps CTD-ing. I think its because i negotiated map information with the rebels. I then stupidly saved it and so every time i go to load it CTDs.

What an empire i had though! On H/H with The Cimbri I first took Sweden before sending my successor south to take Germania's heartland. Then, with my great king Arminius (still alive and over 75 years old!) I went east gaining complete control of The Baltic Sea. I fought many battles with The Boii before establishing a military fort at Campus Marcomanni and taking their settlement to the east (i forget the name).

Then, because i made an alliance with Scythia, the Boii were forced to accept a ceasefire, leaving me sitting happy with my Northern empire. I was now at peace with all and free to develop my cities and army for future wars...

I don't know what to do now... should i start again with the Cimbri or move to someone else... so annoying. I should have made multiple saves.

This game is so damn good though. I chose The Cimbri because of the brilliant Cimbri preview that was posted here before the game came out. It really brought a widely misunderstood and little acknowledged civilisation to life.