Page 108 of 112 FirstFirst ... 858839899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2235

Thread: RS II: Post your empires here!

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Default Re: RS II: Post your empires here!

Its the dawn of a new era.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Its the dawn of a new era.
    Yes, and its funny that I have seen all the eras. lol
    Bring it on
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

The start of an empire

Rebuilt my old Dacia campaign, currently 580 AUC, taken all of Greece and wiped out the Macedonians and Spartans. My choice now I think is going east, crush Pergamon, then attack west into Rome.

Supporting Gallacei financially in a war against Rome and Carthage and they are fighting back May get involved militarily if necessary.

Libertus

Unfortunately I have no screenshots. But I will describe my mighty Seleucid Empire.

100 years have passed since the descendants of those who once followed Alexander clashed at Raphia. Antiochus III after uniting Eygpt and Cappadocia has passed at 81. His eldest son and crown prince, Antiochos died many years before, at the walls of Nicomedia beside his father. The crown has thus been left to the youngest, Seleuces, a man fit to rule the world. He has pushed back the Parthians beyond the mountains and rivers that form the Eastern frontier. He has annihilated Pergammon. Pontus burns. Armenia licks his boots.

Paved roads cross the entire empire bringing trade and a mighty army. In Anatolia around the city of Pergammon, assembles an army from all corners of the Empire. Persian Spear men and Horse archers, Palmyran phalangites and Cataphracts, Arabs, Eygptians, Cyrenians, Cappadocians, Galatians, Armenians, Scythians, Greeks and Elephants. All ready to invade Greece and Macedonia and challenge Roman incursions.

'Do you think my army will be enough for the Roman Republic?'

(Sorry for the dramatic writing, far too much Hans Zimmer)

Well what does the Military graph say.

Libertus

I was quoting Antiochus III in his question to Hannibal, but the graph says my odds are good enough!

Nice Bithynian empire! Was thinking of going for them but decided on Pergamon due to unit roster. Will post empire soon.
    Last edited by dibbles; April 19, 2012 at 01:31 PM.

Blog Entries

Nice dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Antiochus_III View Post
    Hans Zimmer has that effect indeed!, otherwise very good read. Christ, I could go on and on about Zimmer's work..

Long live the Pharaohs!

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Sertorio View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Carthage in 580 AUC.
    The big Generals of the Barcid house are gone and a new generation of governors and generals arise. Hasdrubal died of hold age leading a campaign against the Arveni, and Hannibal after conquering Sardinia, Corsica and a swift intervention in Macedon in suport of our Macedonian allies, spent his final days rulling the empire of Carthage from his army tent in Sicily. Allied with the Gallaeci, Carthage is figthing in three fronts. Against the Arveni, Rome and the Free Greeks.
    Taking the ofensive one army takes Nemausus, while the former army of Hannibal lands in Rhegion.
    The campaign of South Italy is now open.
    Around the world interesting things seem to be happening.....
    Carthage 600 A.U.C.

I slowly expand Carthage as i try to quiet rebelion tendences and grow the economy.
    But my enemies allow no rest. in order to get some geographic advantage i push the south Italy ofensive to Tarentum reaching the river near Cannae. I keep the Roman arms at bay with my main Army while smaller siege stacks assault the cities allowing no levies to be raized.

In Gaul the Arveni make a few atempts to retake Nemausus and Gergovia but are beaten back and afterwards they leave the frontier alone. I mantain strong garrisons in those two cities to avoid rebellions and keep an eye on the Arveni and Massaliaan border. I intercept Massalian army and crush it.

In Iberia happens the major but unavoidable setback. After submitting the free people of Iberia the Gallaeci cut a deal with the Arveni and atack my lands. Another front weeeeeee.....

With the Greeks i engage an interesting naval warfare and defeat them twice at Lepsis-Magna. Taking the Free-Greek city would stop those assaults but would create comon border with the Ptolemaic Empire. I can see it coming.

The Army

In the Italian Campaign i perfect the tactics i developed for the Carthaginean army. Based on Hannibal deploy at Cannae i sort my Infantry line or double line with Late Lybian Spearmen on the flanks of the line. they prove themselves both in flank assaults, protecting the line against cavalry or suporting my own cavalry if outnumbered.
    Gaps are created on the line in order to permit the advance of the elephants on the second line. That way i try to prevent my infantry from delaying the charge of the elephants.

My flanks are guarded by skirmish cavalry mainly the famous Numidians. a second General, and one Heavy Cavalry Unit or two HC units make for the flanking or rear assaults. Skirmishing is left for slingers and light cavalry. Cavalry also has the very important mission of chasing any archer off the battlefield for protection of my elephants.

With success i beat back the best of Roman, Arveni, Gallaeci and greek armies. The Arveni prove to be tough as nails and gain my respect in a sequence of serious fighting around Gergovia. They present good quality weapons, very good light and heavy infantry, good cavalry.

The World

The expansion of the free-greeks is noteworthy. They have submited Sparta and present the major economical and military growth. THe Cimbri seem also to be expanding and in my direction.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Your Armenia is kicking ass.

Blog Entries

Your Armenia is kicking ass.

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Currently playing as Pergamon, having secured my direct borders, and conquered Rhodos and Olympia. Iīm trying to develop my economy right now.

I am only at war with the greek city states. Here is a pic of my AWESOME faction leader:

He will soon crush my enemys!

10 years later hes 0/3/1

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

10 years later hes 0/3/1
    Hopefully not.

Anyways, I moved him and a pretty strong army to take Byzanz out of the Rebelsī Hands.

There I was surprised by two full stack of Rebels waiting for me, having not only more troops, but also higher quality units - like chariots. The odds were 2:5 (Me/Enemy). Since my army couldnīt retreat, I had to fight to the end. Here is the result:

It was a very good battle, the enemy managed to break my main line while keeping my flanking forces distracted - I never saw the AI act so smart. However, my good general and my cataphracts made the difference.

This is on H/H, btw. I forgot to mention it above.
    Last edited by Primo; April 22, 2012 at 10:14 AM.

Well here is my pontic kingdom, 1turn medium/medium.

Obviously some old gentleman don't know when to die.

And conquer of asia minor, breaker of selucid's military power...

Financial

Diplomacy

I really enjoy an interesting siege of Babylon.

Well done on the victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiochus_III View Post
    Unfortunately I have no screenshots. But I will describe my mighty Seleucid Empire.

100 years have passed since the descendants of those who once followed Alexander clashed at Raphia. Antiochus III after uniting Eygpt and Cappadocia has passed at 81. His eldest son and crown prince, Antiochos died many years before, at the walls of Nicomedia beside his father. The crown has thus been left to the youngest, Seleuces, a man fit to rule the world. He has pushed back the Parthians beyond the mountains and rivers that form the Eastern frontier. He has annihilated Pergammon. Pontus burns. Armenia licks his boots.

Paved roads cross the entire empire bringing trade and a mighty army. In Anatolia around the city of Pergammon, assembles an army from all corners of the Empire. Persian Spear men and Horse archers, Palmyran phalangites and Cataphracts, Arabs, Eygptians, Cyrenians, Cappadocians, Galatians, Armenians, Scythians, Greeks and Elephants. All ready to invade Greece and Macedonia and challenge Roman incursions.

'Do you think my army will be enough for the Roman Republic?'

The Seleucid army is capable of destroying anything. Their cavalry will dominate the field no matter what, lol. I never had as much fun in Roma Surrectum as I did with them. Especially when you face Armenia with 5 elite stacks to your 1, and who's cavalry are a hair short of matching yours. 1 unit of Scythe chariots (no amok) = domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitrilor View Post
    Well here is my pontic kingdom, 1turn medium/medium.

Obviously some old gentleman don't know when to die.

And conquer of asia minor, breaker of selucid's military power...

Financial

Diplomacy

I really enjoy an interesting siege of Babylon.

That financial is some weak sauce.