Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 126287102103104105106107108109110111112
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2235

Thread: RS II: Post your empires here!

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Re: RS II: Post your empires here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Does that mean you haven't used them before? Surely you've seen them in battle several times.
    2 units of them in my vet army, rest you get from the start I use as garrison.
    And when they battle I use them vs the cav, then as reserve.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

A waste IMO, they should hold the flanks and centre while rolling up the line.

Blog Entries

The cohorts can do the same imo..
    However as said I will try it out

Cohorts have less pushing power than Triarii.

Blog Entries

I mostly use the bow technique like Hannibal.

I'll recruit them in my legion going to Africa

I either use Hammer and Anvil or just grind the enemy down.

Blog Entries

The Bow or envelopment.

Ofc tang maneuver is a favorite.

I generally don't try to apply real life tactics to a game, with a few exceptions.

Blog Entries

Army tents to leave it influences

edit : Did not yet installed 2.5 if it is of any importance.
    Last edited by General Brewster; May 15, 2012 at 05:39 PM.

I am playing the Roman Campaign with hard mode.

First I conquered the north of Italy, but as soon as possible the Greek betrayed me =\. So I went to massa-recruit in my cities in the south and invaded the Greek areas. In my campaign the Greek became a terrifying power. They eaten up all territory of the Spartans and start conquering lands in Asia. So I decided to make this nation number one on my list of futuric defeated nations.

In mid-game I had to deal with Carthage. I used the tactic of scorched earth and destroyed Carthago's epic harbor and that has given me the ultimate supremacy on sea. Very weird since the Romans weren't really sailors, but my fleets keeps being strong and I can block all of the ports of my enemies if they declare war on me.

Carthage kept horrifying me with stacks. But they had to give up after I sent my massive Roman First German Legion into the battlefield ! But I had to send them back to Arretium since they suffered so many losses. (auto battle ).

And my campaign in Asia went further. Pergamon backstabbed me and I had to thrust barbarian troops. I decided to rush and capture their capital and their strength was descreased immediately .
    I quickly have turned Pontic into my allies and the Ptolemaic Empire as well. But the last one seems to backstab me too so I constantly have to use Forced Diplomacy to keep it realistic.

Then I encountered the Gaellaci. I have known they were very strong since I met them before already. But now they became my neighbours. And believe me, they didn't want to stay on friendly mode. I turned Carthage into a Protectorate... Wrong thing since they give me around 30,000 Denarii... So my economy of 90,000-100,000 per turn, which I have built up in a long time, raised up to 170,000 per turn... I really have no clue of the extra 40,000 Denarii, but this makes me sad.

But that wasn't the only thing that made me sad. The Belgae and Arvernii decided to kick my ass and invade italy. I tried to thrust my barbarian army, but they just... they just... fled in battle... So I have decided to never thrust any barbarian rubbish troop anymore . And as soon I as I got managed to raise a Roman army, a pure Roman army, I have kicked them out of Italy and they were so scared that they decided to make a ceasfire (with the help of FD ofcourse ).

But that wasn't the only two things that made me sad. There is another thing: the GALLAECI!
    I have been sending spies and assassins for years to destroy all of their Great Halls and barracks but that didn't block them of creating 10 stacks... I have 4 enemy stacks around Carthago Nova at the moment and the only thing that prevents them of conquering Rome is FD...

But how do you like my Empire ?

Uhm guys where is the 'edit' button?

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Quintillius View Post
    Uhm guys where is the 'edit' button?
    You donīt have one yet. You need to be a member for a week and 25 posts to get one - this was introduced to prevent spambots abusing TWC accounts.

But nice empire you got there. You might want to concentrate on the Gaelici now, and kick them out of Iberia.

24Gamer's Avatar Semisalis

I decided to start a new campaign with 2.5 and just fought the first battle against carthage:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thanks man! And indeed. I want to kill their soldiers. I want to enslave their women and children. I want to destroy every building and set fire on their temples. You really can't image my hate against them. I heard people about using Iberian troops and Libyan cavalry against their armies. I really don't know how to defeat them. Especially the infantry which has att: 18 and def: 40. Even my Celtic Archers with firearows can't make them flee.

I am now creating massive Roman Legions in Italy and should have about 4 stacks soon. I want to invade them from the Mediterranean Sea and from Massalia. Together with assassins to destroy their barracks and as soon as I set foot in Iberia I will recruit their men as early auxiliaries.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Folks, I'm going to Mothball this thread by closing it and leaving it in the sticky threads. I will create a new 2.5 and above, Empires thread so don't post anything else here until I'm done.