Page 98 of 121 FirstFirst ... 4873888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2407

Thread: RS II: Post your pictures here!

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: RS II: Post your pictures here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    You seem to be doing a full frontal assault against hoplites with your cav, not the smartest thing you could do.
    I said already that was a test session for the Seleucid Pezhetairoi and it didn't mattered if i win or lose.

Pergamon litholobos set those buildings on fire and it was a nice background for a screen.

If i wanna do frontal assaults i go back to MT2W and do that(i love the heavy plated infantry flying in the air as they are nothing)
    Last edited by King of the Ring; January 18, 2013 at 02:07 PM.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Play SS if you want to see the real power of Heavy Cav.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Play SS if you want to see the real power of Heavy Cav.
    i play SS, even modified my game to make islam better

That's not hard lol, muslims are mostly vanilla in SS.

Indefinitely Banned

Someone got stuck in a pike.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Edited (Brusilov): Please use spolier tags......
    Last edited by Brusilov; January 20, 2013 at 04:05 AM.

I can only imagine how award-winningly more amazing that screen would've been if the legionaries were polybian instead of imperial

Still a good shot anyway though, How do you hide the UI and everything? also how do you achieve the fascinating colors?

Petite Wolf's Avatar Semisalis

With Minimal UI on, you can hide each part of the UI by pressing F5, F6 and F7. I'm not sure if it works without Minimal UI as I've never tried. After that it is a small matter of placing the cursor in the very top or very bottom of the screen, taking the screenshot and cropping the picture so the cursor is no longer in it.

Note: If you do decide to test out Minimal UI, remember to hotkey the speed toggling buttons so you can still change speeds to forward and fast forward. Unlike in Medieval, that part of the UI isn't on the Minimal UI. I hotkeyed mine to [, ] and \ so that all four speed toggling buttons were in a row.
    Last edited by Petite Wolf; January 19, 2013 at 08:13 PM.

He could be using movie cam.

That too. Actually, judging by his other thread I think he is. But either way it's useful information to know how to hide the UI

Indefinitely Banned

i use the -movie_cam and i press ENTER and ESC

enter hides completely the UI but it plays the replay and escape locks it so you get a static image but you cannot move

the game wont save a TGA but you must paste the captured screen in a photoshop clipboard document with CTRL-V

i think this thing works with space also but the bottom part of the UI will still be there, better do it with ENTER

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

When using the movie cam the idea is to wait for an 'interesting' moment in the replay (the two lines about to meet, a cavalry charge about to hit etc) at that point pause the replay and then remove the UI bits and then start moving around the battlefield for the shots that are interesting. Once you've seen something use the controls to get the right angles and then shoot away.

Once you've exchausted that freeze frame put back the UI and slowly advance the replay until you spot another point that may be good for some screens. Keep repeating until the battle is over or you've got the screens you want or you lose the will to continue.

I used a licensed copy of Fraps (it cost about £10 for a one-off license fee) and it's all I ever needed. I do have a free copy of PlayClaw which I also use now - I just get a watermark on the top centre - but it's simply a matter of removing that part of the screen shot.

No messing around with PrintScreen or Ctrl+ALT+PrintScreen (captures the 'active' window I think).

If anyone used minimal UI (as I do) for campaign battle remember to set up control keys for the battle speeds - Pause, Normal, Double and Triple. I use Shift+P, Shift+N, Shift+d AND Shift+T. You can either hide the UI bits on the top, right(?) and bottom of the screen with the Function keys or set them up as 'mouse over'.

If I'm after screens I will fight a custom battle and try and cause various things to happen and then use the saved replay (you have the option to save the replay when the battle results are shown). Screens from campaign battles are limited (except you may get more units on the battlefield).

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

I really wish we could save campaign battle replays. I love taking screenshots of epic battles I've had in a campaign, but quite often I get so distracted by the fight I completely forget to take any screenshots.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Petite Wolf View Post
    I really wish we could save campaign battle replays. I love taking screenshots of epic battles I've had in a campaign, but quite often I get so distracted by the fight I completely forget to take any screenshots.
    As do many of us.

Unfortunately, I think it was N:TW that first had this feature (which was released before S2:TW) - or was it E:TW that first had it?

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

ETW had it first.

Indefinitely Banned

Elysium

Rideout

Edited (Brusilov): Please use spoiler tags......
    Last edited by Brusilov; February 01, 2013 at 09:49 AM.

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

First one from Diadochi Total War ?
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sertorio View Post
    First one from Diadochi Total War ?
    i've added the units to RS with the stance and the old phalanx thrust animation
    the current phalanx stance doesn't fit with the large thureos the red guys carry

the Sacred Band of Greeks looks cool,i'll add the Classical Hoplites too, they look very ,,classic'' comparing to the funky units from RS

RSII needs just less of that unit-coloring so you have green clown-like dudes here and blue men with large crests and red capes there, it would be realistic without that.

Faction based colouring isn't realistic despite what you may think, I trust that RSII unit designs are relatively accurate.

Indefinitely Banned

why you think this doesn't fit in RS? it fits great in the greek city states

Edited (Brusilov): Please use spoiler tags......
    Last edited by Brusilov; February 01, 2013 at 09:48 AM.